Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on October 24, 2017, 02:18:46 AM
Calvin and Hobbes of course.
actually SPACEMAN SPIFF had his origin ten years before C & H.

Quote from: Danny on October 24, 2017, 08:12:26 AM
actually SPACEMAN SPIFF had his origin ten years before C & H.

Did not know that - but have always LOVED Calvin & Hobbes...

:thumbsup
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on October 24, 2017, 11:51:35 AM
Did not know that - but have always LOVED Calvin & Hobbes...

:thumbsup
From "The Calvin and Hobbes TENTH ANNIVERSARY BOOK" Bill Watterson shares a lot of his experience throughout that edition. Its very interesting.

Thanks, Danny - interesting trivia!

:+1:

Quote from: Danny on October 22, 2017, 08:36:13 PM
Heaven or hell

Blue skies or pain

A green field or a cold steel rail

Smile or a veil

Heroes or ghosts

Hot ashes or trees

Hot air or a cool breeze

Cold comfort or change

A walk on part in the war or
A lead role in a cage

HOW I WISH YOU WERE HERE

Danny, that was a great reply, and very apt.  Last night, 2 of my 3 brothers and I attended Roger Water's new tour.  They flew from our home town, Regina Saskatchewan, to Edmonton to visit and attend the concert.  It was one of the best concerts I've ever attended.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Cool, and you got to be with your bros. Can't beat that.

Quote from: Danny on October 26, 2017, 01:01:50 AM
Cool, and you got to be with your bros. Can't beat that.

I should have mentioned, they mostly did Pink Floyd stuff (the classic ones you would expect), which I absolutely loved, and was hoping for.  One of my brothers was a bit disappointed he didn't do more selections from his own solo albums of late.  The production was outstanding.  If you closed your eyes, you were listening to a Pink Floyd album.  The sound was superb and they didn't even play too friken loud.  Keep in mind this was in our hockey arena, a venue that is not easy to make hi fidelity sound in.  The tour must have a top class sound/engineering crew, that's for sure.

If any of you get a chance to attend, you should go even if you aren't Pink Floyd fans.

Took the family to see Roger Waters perform The Wall in Chicago.

One of the best concerts I have ever attended and I have seen a lot of concerts.  :beer
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Don't know how to keep this going after recent posts, cause I have nothing going that is awesome.
Sorry,
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on November 12, 2017, 08:06:28 PM
Don't know how to keep this going after recent posts, cause I have nothing going that is awesome.
Sorry,
Mike

We appreciate your apology, Mike.

Not too quiet of a Sunday evening, 3 of us and 60 guests...   :bgrin:
George

Quote from: George on November 12, 2017, 09:04:24 PM
Not too quiet of a Sunday evening, 3 of us and 60 guests...   :bgrin:
just me and 58 guests now.

Nothing much to add. Bored out of my mind.  Had to leave work early due to 40mph rain....the sideways variety.  Don't know if it will end the thread, but it sure ended my work day!
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

Neither rain,snow,hurricane,earth quake or anything else {ok the end of the world but we've been there before}will end this thread.

Been here all by my lonesome with up to 84 visiter's.

This sunday I was doing front of house for my duo partners electric band.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Just checkin' in t' say G'night.

Drove to Sioux Falls today to visit someone in the hospital (a 90 minute drive from where I live). Also visited one honest to goodness guitar shop (Sioux Falls Music) and the local Guitar Center (what a mess!). Sioux Falls Music actually has 4 lefties in their small acoustic inventory - not sure how that happened. They range from a $229 all hog Ibanez dread to a 310CE Taylor that actually sounds very good acoustically (but I must resist the Taylor spirit!). I'm not sure if the $2100 price is MSRP or MAP, but they have it tagged at between $1,300-1,400.  Saving my pennies for other things...

Not a single Larrivee anywhere in town...

:donut :coffee

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 13, 2017, 09:40:22 PM

Drove to Sioux Falls today to visit someone in the hospital (a 90 minute drive from where I live). Also visited one honest to goodness guitar shop (Sioux Falls Music) and the local Guitar Center (what a mess!). Sioux Falls Music actually has 4 lefties in their small acoustic inventory - not sure how that happened. They range from a $229 all hog Ibanez dread to a 310CE Taylor that actually sounds very good acoustically (but I must resist the Taylor spirit!). I'm not sure if the $2100 price is MSRP or MAP, but they have it tagged at between $1,300-1,400.  Saving my pennies for other things...

Mike, I'm not sure guitar forums are good for us. You buy another guitar, I buy another one, and on and on and on.
    I'm seriously jonesing for a Guild 12 string.
And barely had my OOO for a week.

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 13, 2017, 09:40:22 PM

Drove to Sioux Falls today to visit someone in the hospital (a 90 minute drive from where I live). Also visited one honest to goodness guitar shop (Sioux Falls Music) and the local Guitar Center (what a mess!). Sioux Falls Music actually has 4 lefties in their small acoustic inventory - not sure how that happened. They range from a $229 all hog Ibanez dread to a 310CE Taylor that actually sounds very good acoustically (but I must resist the Taylor spirit!). I'm not sure if the $2100 price is MSRP or MAP, but they have it tagged at between $1,300-1,400.  Saving my pennies for other things...

Don't you still have the Martin D-35 ?    I might be willing to take it off your hands  :whistling:

Quote from: mike in lytle on November 12, 2017, 08:06:28 PM
Sorry,
Mike

If there was a piece of thread, 1-foot long in front of you, and you had to end it,  how would you do it?

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on November 13, 2017, 10:33:03 PM
If there was a piece of thread, 1-foot long in front of you, and you had to end it,  how would you do it?

A good scissors could make many ends of it....
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

Quote from: tuffythepug on November 13, 2017, 10:02:13 PM
Don't you still have the Martin D-35 ?    I might be willing to take it off your hands  :whistling:

Be careful, Lynn - I might take you up on that offer. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the D-35, it would be hard to part with.  But I could get by without it since finding the '79 L-19 - and the D-18 I have handles the dread mojo really well... plus, I'm really gassin' for a carbon fiber Emerald. And there's another Larrivee out there I have my eye on... 

As I said, don't say it unless you mean it!

:winkin: