Pages: 1 ... 213 [214] 215 216   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a thread ender?  (Read 383108 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4260 on: September 03, 2017, 03:06:56 AM »

Now I really want some apple fritters in the morning. Thanks Mike.  

Heh, started a new page.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4261 on: September 03, 2017, 05:42:54 AM »

Heh, started a new page.

Well done, grasshopper!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
obe-wan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4262 on: September 03, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »

Did 5 songs at a local open mic this arvo. Couldn't hear my guitar and my singing sounded like $##t......
I've just started singing lessons but I've been fighting a flu thingy for about the last month. May have something to do with it...

Still a bit bummed I didn't sing better.   crying

Ok, whinge over.

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin 00-18V.
Gibson SG Classic.
Dr.Z Mini Z.
Eastman 805V Mandolin.

Still no Larrivee.... :-(

Upwey, Victoria, Australia.
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4263 on: September 03, 2017, 01:46:08 PM »

Did 5 songs at a local open mic this arvo. Couldn't hear my guitar and my singing sounded like $##t......
I've just started singing lessons but I've been fighting a flu thingy for about the last month. May have something to do with it...

Ok, whinge over.

Cheers, Scott.

Eh, I always sing terribly. As long as I'm having fun, I don't mind the listeners suffering! 
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4264 on: September 03, 2017, 02:03:18 PM »

Lynn (tuffy) told me once, that we're not trained pro singers. So basically we just enjoy playing and singing.
     In my family my oldest daughter told me once that I was the best singer. But it don't really matter.
     One of my grandma's would take us boys to  church with her, when we were little. I would be next to her during the singing and she would just let er loose. Even as a little kid I enjoyed how she put her heart in it.

I wrote a melody and lyrics for a song called "Grandma, God, and guitars" it is mostly about her singing. I recorded that one and put it on the forum. The first version was with my Forum IV. Don't know where that recording is now.

But I'll sing that little song too anyone who will listen. And I still enjoy it.

Just like Lynn's song about his grandson FRANKIE (sp) Lynn wrote it and I think it's from his heart. I like it, when a singer puts their heart into their music.

Perfect singing is pretty, but I'll take the gravely voice etc. Any day, if the singers heart îs in it.

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4265 on: September 03, 2017, 04:00:28 PM »

To quite Leo Kottke "I sound like geese farts on a foggy night".

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4266 on: September 03, 2017, 04:03:55 PM »

To quite Leo Kottke "I sound like geese farts on a foggy night".
He also said "Anybody can be a singer"
     I'm eating my apple fritter now. 

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4267 on: September 04, 2017, 03:37:59 PM »

He also said "Anybody can be a singer"
     I'm eating my apple fritter now. 

Hey, if Dylan can, anyone can, right? (And, for the record, I like Dylan!)

I used to stand next to my dad in church and he sang in the most monotone voice! Which means every once in a while, he hit the right note... or a good harmony! Every once in a while...

BUT - he was there, and he was singing/worshiping.

Meanwhile, even though he couldn't carry a tune to save his life with his voice, he could whistle a tune like there's no tomorrow! Go figure!!!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4268 on: September 12, 2017, 09:47:37 PM »

L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4269 on: September 13, 2017, 06:54:20 AM »

Nice to hear from you GA-ME.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4270 on: September 13, 2017, 12:54:32 PM »

Nice to hear from you GA-ME.

Thanks L07. I pop over from time to time. I haven't been messing around with music much these days. Being an old man with a five year old keeps me hopping to and fro.
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4271 on: September 13, 2017, 09:42:40 PM »

Georgia to Maine. Appalachian Trail.  Your moniker stuck with me once long ago when we were talking about where our user names came from.  A FIVE year old?  That's some busy days you've got going on.  But don't forget to teach him (her?) music.  That can be your excuse..."gotta surround the kid with music."
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4272 on: September 13, 2017, 09:53:01 PM »

Thanks L07. I pop over from time to time. I haven't been messing around with music much these days. Being an old man with a five year old keeps me hopping to and fro.

Hi Jonathan, do you intend to homeschool?

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4273 on: September 14, 2017, 04:52:22 PM »

Hi Jonathan, do you intend to homeschool?

Ken, I do home school the boy.
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4274 on: September 14, 2017, 05:11:21 PM »

Georgia to Maine. Appalachian Trail.  Your moniker stuck with me once long ago when we were talking about where our user names came from.  A FIVE year old?  That's some busy days you've got going on.  But don't forget to teach him (her?) music.  That can be your excuse..."gotta surround the kid with music."

Ryler, yes indeed the moniker stands for Georgia to Maine. In 2003, a few days into my thru-hike, I met my wife at the Georgia/North Carolina border on the Appalachian Trail. We started hiking together there and onward to Maine and never stopped hanging out together. That is one thing I'll really miss out on doing with my son, since I can no longer backpack. I incurred a spinal cord injury in 2005 that put an end to that type of activity. My wife will have to teach the boy to be successful in the back country.

Busy days don't quite adequately describe how I feel being a 49 year old wobbly walking man, trying to keep up with the hyper energy of a five year old boy. I wouldn't change the exhaustion for anything else though. I feel blessed being able to be at home raising, educating, and enjoying time with my boy.
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4275 on: September 14, 2017, 09:30:51 PM »

That's a beautiful way to meet!  Sorry to hear about the spinal injury.  I too have lost lots of my favorite ways to spend time due to injury/aging.  (I took this entire summer off of guitar playing to let tennis elbow heal.  Dr. appt. pending.) 

There's no love like the love of a parent for a child.  I'm glad you have that in your life, Jonathan.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4276 on: September 14, 2017, 11:03:47 PM »

Busy days don't quite adequately describe how I feel being a 49 year old wobbly walking man, trying to keep up with the hyper energy of a five year old boy. I wouldn't change the exhaustion for anything else though.

+1  I can relate, I was 42 when my youngest daughter was born and she was a real treat to raise.  Now, my wife and I are way up in our 60's and chasing after our 6 year old granddaughter we have custody of...  Wouldn't trade any of it, children make the world go 'round...

George
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4277 on: September 15, 2017, 03:53:01 AM »

+1  I can relate, I was 42 when my youngest daughter was born and she was a real treat to raise.  Now, my wife and I are way up in our 60's and chasing after our 6 year old granddaughter we have custody of...  Wouldn't trade any of it, children make the world go 'round...
+1  from Grumpa Dan

Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4278 on: September 17, 2017, 05:28:32 PM »

Ok, whinge over.

Cheers, Scott.

Just do Dylan or Neil Young songs and no one will notice your voice😎
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4279 on: September 18, 2017, 05:06:32 AM »

Just watched Austin city Limits Hall of Fame. The one where Guy Clark and Townes Van Zant are inducted into the ACL Hall of fame.
 Dwight Yoakom hosted and it really was a gas. Lots of good players, singers and at the end all of them were on stage singing a Townes Van Zant tune. Very well done, from the song Lyle Lovett did at the start, (Guy Clark's first ever song) which was beautifull. Right to the end.
   I was about to turn ìn when it started, but Dwight introduced Lyle to sing a Guy Clark tune, and that caught my attention. So I ended up watching the whole show.
    It's a keeper.  

Pages: 1 ... 213 [214] 215 216   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: