Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Actually, vacation was last week - ended last Tuesday. But I'm taking a day or a morning or afternoon here and there while my daughter and granddaughter are still here from Japan (for about 2 more weeks; they fly back August 1st).

She just announced to my wife and I last night that she is pregnant with #2!!! She did two pregnancy tests - one she brought with her from Japan, and the other she bought yesterday while we were at Wal-Mart. We are very excited - especially since she has such a hard time getting pregnant because of her Type 1 Diabetes, and other "female" problems. God is good!

Our other daughter and our 6-month old grandson (who live 90 minutes away) have been spending as much time at our home while older sister is here, so it just feels like vacation while they're here, even though I have to work.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Congratulations on more grandkids!  I'm not there yet, but I bet they're fun.  Glad to hear the good news.

Quote from: ryler on July 26, 2017, 04:30:31 PM

Congratulations on more grandkids!  I'm not there yet, but I bet they're fun.  Glad to hear the good news.

Thanks! Yeah, when they fly back to Japan next Tuesday, I'm going to be very grouchy...

The weather here has been UNREAL lately! This morning when we woke up it was 50F ! I think the high today was 75F... On August 8th!  We could use some rain (for crops), but other than that, no complaints - wish it could stay like this right into fall...

After starting a new topic and writing quite a bit. It all vanished. Big brother? Or just a glitch?
Either way I am not going to write it all again.

Quote from: Danny on August 14, 2017, 06:55:38 PM
After starting a new topic and writing quite a bit. It all vanished. Big brother? Or just a glitch?

Glitch as wasn't a Mod
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: Danny on August 14, 2017, 06:55:38 PM
Either way I am not going to write it all again.
:donut :donut2 :coffee
What? What?
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

But, it could have been a Mod named Glitch.

Quote from: Danny on August 14, 2017, 07:55:41 PM
But, it could have been a Mod named Glitch.
Did you post something that disappeared after you posted?
MIke

No, I had not posted it yet. I had almost finished and it just disappear into the black din of posts that never quite made it to the pages of the forum.

Quote from: Danny on August 14, 2017, 08:01:34 PM
No, I had not posted it yet. I had almost finished and it just disappear into the black din of posts that never quite made it to the pages of the forum.
I see. Happens to me too. Especially if I take too long to think about it, while trying to make the words so perfect that no one could fail to understand.
I also get weird "60 seconds since some posted from your ISP" or something.
Then I figure it is just karma saying "no".
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on August 14, 2017, 08:07:42 PM
I see. Happens to me too. Especially if I take too long to think about it, while trying to make the words so perfect that no one could fail to understand.
I also get weird "60 seconds since some posted from your ISP" or something.
Then I figure it is just karma saying "no".
Mike
... or something...

Quote from: Danny on August 14, 2017, 08:10:03 PM
... or something...
"The last posting from your IP was less than 60 seconds ago. Please try again later."
Just happened again.
Good night.
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on August 14, 2017, 08:44:09 PM
"The last posting from your IP was less than 60 seconds ago. Please try again later."
Just happened again.
Good night.
Mike

Yeah - that "60 seconds" posting rule drives me crazy, too... who cares? If you have something to post, what's the big deal?

(Not a rant - but a legitimate question that maybe one of the Forum Moderators can answer for us - is it to deal with trolls and *machines* trying to flood the forum with posts? Thanks.)

:donut :coffee

Uh...I do like this forum  :blush:

Sometimes a glitch is just a glitch.   Neither myself or Andrew interfered with Danny's post.   Would never do that unless it was a clear violation of forum rules.  Too bad.   I'm always interested to read your posts, Danny.

I think it's my Samsung Tab 2. It's getting pretty old for a tablet. I'm using my new cell phone now and no problems are cropping up.

I'm sorry for pointing a finger at you or Andrew. Really didn't mean to do so. I  was just frustrated that all the time spent writing just was a waste.
   But seeing that I hold the record for time spent on the forum, that really shouldn't bother me.
   BTW. The topic was how the forum has been an influence on some of the guitar models Larrivee has brought back into production. And even to some degree the 40 series was at least partially do to forum discussions.
     At least,  I think it did.

Gibson did it they do everything.....ok maybe it was Martin or Taylor. :roll

Sometime's I get that 60 sec. and I haven't posted any thing so I start over a little latter.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I filled in a couple of potholes with some cold patch asphalt.
Steve ....aka the SMan

Quote from: Mikeymac on August 14, 2017, 09:26:14 PM
(Not a rant - but a legitimate question that maybe one of the Forum Moderators can answer for us - is it to deal with trolls and *machines* trying to flood the forum with posts? Thanks.)

That's it exactly. Its quite unbelievable, until you are on the "inside" to see how much of this is out there. A few years ago our safeguards were unknowingly relaxed and over a span of a couple weeks the Mod's here deleted over 100 posts involving foreign language, foul language, solicitation you name it. The 60 seconds is just one of those safeguards that at times I also feel aggravated by but see the necessity
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)