Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funny someone mentioned sewing,I just sewed a pair of my sons pants he was stunned as he never knew you could could repair cloths with a thread and neddle nor did have any desire to learn how to do it himself.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Things have changed.  When I was a kid, my mom made a lot of my clothes and my siblings clothes, darned the socks when they had holes in them.  My grandmother knitted most of our socks, mittens, scarves, and sweaters.  Later, when we were married in the early 70's, my wife still sewed a lot of her own clothes including jeans.  She still has a sewing machine but it doesn't get used very often.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on December 02, 2016, 09:47:27 PM
Things have changed.  When I was a kid, my mom made a lot of my clothes and my siblings clothes, darned the socks when they had holes in them.  My grandmother knitted most of our socks, mittens, scarves, and sweaters.  Later, when we were married in the early 70's, my wife still sewed a lot of her own clothes including jeans.  She still has a sewing machine but it doesn't get used very often.
Yep, heaven help the younger generation if they ever have to do something that doesn't involve a smart phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on December 02, 2016, 09:47:27 PM

Ironically, Lucy did use her sewing machine yesterday.  She made new winter jackets for our two Australian Terriers.  She cut up a couple of my old parkas from my Alberta Forest Service days.  So now they have goose-down jackets with waterproof shells.  She sewed one of my old uniform shoulder flashes on each jacket.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: sneaky on December 08, 2016, 04:17:14 PM
over and out
:donut2 :coffee :coffee :coffee
Your message was garbled. Please repeat. Over.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

You put the lime in the coconut and mix it all up, you put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up.

Then call me in the morning,

Quote from: Danny on December 27, 2016, 12:41:08 AM
         You put the lime in the coconut and mix it all up, you put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up.

Then call me in the morning,

Personally don't like coconut, so I'll pass on that. Same with eggnog.

But I'll finish off the left-over Chex party mix...

Merry Christmas!   :smile:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

We've moved on to Happy New Year!  Seven years of this thread (nearly)...so glad the moderators never put it where it technically belongs.  I hope everyone enjoys the new year we are embarking upon.

Quote from: ryler on December 31, 2016, 04:32:55 PM
We've moved on to Happy New Year!  Seven years of this thread (nearly)...so glad the moderators never put it where it technically belongs.  I hope everyone enjoys the new year we are embarking upon.
:+1:

Happy New Year everyone!

And remember - 2017 is the 50th Anniversary of Larrivee Guitars! Hopefully in the next 4-6 weeks we will hear something about the 50th Anniversary Guitars. Maybe around NAMM? 

But for now, let's celebrate 50 years of Jean & family making great guitars!

:cheers

:donut2 :donut2 :coffee
The thread is still here, and we have ended a couple days of wild wind here in beautiful Lytle, Texas. No damage here.
I took the opportunity, while being shut up in the house, to change strings on a a couple of beautiful non-50th anniversary Larrivee guitars, then play them. I hope you all have had a pleasant last few days as well.
Mike

"What is all this fuss I hear about the Supreme Court decision on a "deaf" penalty? It's terrible! Deaf people have enough problems as it is!"

Gilda - SNL

Some great lines back in those days. 

Thanks for the reminder (a few days ago) Mike. I need to order some more strings, so I can change 'em out on a few guitars, too.

:thumb

Quote from: Betterlate on January 31, 2017, 12:10:18 PM
"What is all this fuss I hear about the Supreme Court decision on a "deaf" penalty? It's terrible! Deaf people have enough problems as it is!"

Gilda - SNL

Some great lines back in those days. 

Thanks for the reminder,always enjoyed her....

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 31, 2017, 01:52:00 PM
Thanks for the reminder (a few days ago) Mike. I need to order some more strings, so I can change 'em out on a few guitars, too.

:thumb

What yu don't keep box's of string for all the children you have...
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I have so many strings, they will probably rust before I get a chance to use them.
I'd like to have some more Dean Marley Alchemy Gold Bronze, but my last set is on the 45 year old 000.

Quote from: Danny on January 31, 2017, 07:38:48 PM
I have so many strings, they will probably rust before I get a chance to use them.
I'd like to have some more Dean Marley Alchemy Gold Bronze, but my last set is on the 45 year old 000.
I'd be delighted to drive on up and you can unload all of your unused "will be rusted' strings.
I have numerous Larrivee acoustics that would welcome new strings more regularly.
They don't care what brand they are. They get whatever I come up with.
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on January 31, 2017, 08:25:44 PM
I'd be delighted to drive on up and you can unload all of your unused "will be rusted' strings.
I have numerous Larrivee acoustics that would welcome new strings more regularly.
They don't care what brand they are. They get whatever I come up with.
Mike
you could come up to Hill Country guitars Thursday evening.  It's their first Thursday of the month jam,  with food and drinks provided.  I'll bring some sets for you.
They are in Dripping springs.

Quote from: Danny on January 31, 2017, 08:32:51 PM
you could come up to Hill Country guitars Thursday evening.  It's their first Thursday of the month jam,  with food and drinks provided.  I'll bring some sets for you.
They are in Dripping springs.
I ain't driving 100 miles up to Drippings Springs for a Thursday evening and then 100 miles back on a Thursday night afterwards.
That is a death wish. You know the roads I'd be driving on. I'd be coming/back on 281, not I-35.
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on January 31, 2017, 09:04:34 PM
I ain't driving 100 miles up to Drippings Springs for a Thursday evening and then 100 miles back on a Thursday night afterwards.
That is a death wish. You know the roads I'd be driving on. I'd be coming/back on 281, not I-35.
Mike
I actually thought about coming to see you last week, I was out riding my BMW for about ten days. Maybe I will just ride down your way,  play a few of your nice guitars,  then keep on riding out into the hill country West of S.A.  I know that area well. Having ridden all over Southwest Texas many times.