Pages: 1 ... 207 [208] 209 ... 224   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a thread ender?  (Read 468287 times)
Betterlate

Ignore
« Reply #4140 on: January 31, 2017, 06:10:18 PM »

"What is all this fuss I hear about the Supreme Court decision on a "deaf" penalty? It's terrible! Deaf people have enough problems as it is!"

Gilda - SNL

Some great lines back in those days. 
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4141 on: January 31, 2017, 07:52:00 PM »

Thanks for the reminder (a few days ago) Mike. I need to order some more strings, so I can change 'em out on a few guitars, too.

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4142 on: February 01, 2017, 01:33:30 AM »

"What is all this fuss I hear about the Supreme Court decision on a "deaf" penalty? It's terrible! Deaf people have enough problems as it is!"

Gilda - SNL

Thanks for the reminder,always enjoyed her....

Thanks for the reminder (a few days ago) Mike. I need to order some more strings, so I can change 'em out on a few guitars, too.

What yu don't keep box's of string for all the children you have...

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4143 on: February 01, 2017, 01:38:48 AM »

I have so many strings, they will probably rust before I get a chance to use them.
I'd like to have some more Dean Marley Alchemy Gold Bronze, but my last set is on the 45 year old 000.
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #4144 on: February 01, 2017, 02:25:44 AM »

I have so many strings, they will probably rust before I get a chance to use them.
I'd like to have some more Dean Marley Alchemy Gold Bronze, but my last set is on the 45 year old 000.
I'd be delighted to drive on up and you can unload all of your unused "will be rusted' strings.
I have numerous Larrivee acoustics that would welcome new strings more regularly.
They don't care what brand they are. They get whatever I come up with.
Mike
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4145 on: February 01, 2017, 02:32:51 AM »

I'd be delighted to drive on up and you can unload all of your unused "will be rusted' strings.
I have numerous Larrivee acoustics that would welcome new strings more regularly.
They don't care what brand they are. They get whatever I come up with.
Mike
you could come up to Hill Country guitars Thursday evening.  It's their first Thursday of the month jam,  with food and drinks provided.  I'll bring some sets for you.
They are in Dripping springs.
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #4146 on: February 01, 2017, 03:04:34 AM »

you could come up to Hill Country guitars Thursday evening.  It's their first Thursday of the month jam,  with food and drinks provided.  I'll bring some sets for you.
They are in Dripping springs.
I ain't driving 100 miles up to Drippings Springs for a Thursday evening and then 100 miles back on a Thursday night afterwards.
That is a death wish. You know the roads I'd be driving on. I'd be coming/back on 281, not I-35.
Mike
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4147 on: February 01, 2017, 03:15:16 AM »

I ain't driving 100 miles up to Drippings Springs for a Thursday evening and then 100 miles back on a Thursday night afterwards.
That is a death wish. You know the roads I'd be driving on. I'd be coming/back on 281, not I-35.
Mike
I actually thought about coming to see you last week, I was out riding my BMW for about ten days. Maybe I will just ride down your way,  play a few of your nice guitars,  then keep on riding out into the hill country West of S.A.  I know that area well. Having ridden all over Southwest Texas many times.
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #4148 on: February 01, 2017, 03:23:24 AM »

I actually thought about coming to see you last week, I was out riding my BMW for about ten days. Maybe I will just ride down your way,  play a few of your nice guitars,  then keep on riding out into the hill country West of S.A.  I know that area well. Having ridden all over Southwest Texas many times.
And you would be welcome, I just need 30 minutes notice to prepare the wife and vacuum the dog hair off the floors.
If I had good enough decent notice you could stay overnight.
You know the number. And you can check out the sidecar.
Mike
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4149 on: February 01, 2017, 03:28:58 AM »

[/quote]
And you would be welcome, I just need 30 minutes notice to prepare the wife and vacuum the dog hair off the floors.
If I had good enough decent notice you could stay overnight.
You know the number. And you can check out the sidecar.
Mike
cool,  thanks Mike, weather permitting you will have some new strings very soon. I haven't even put my bike up yet. I rode it a bit today and could easily get on it tomorrow and hit the road.
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #4150 on: February 01, 2017, 03:40:26 AM »

cool,  thanks Mike, weather permitting you will have some new strings very soon. I haven't even put my bike up yet. I rode it a bit today and could easily get on it tomorrow and hit the road.
I am home most all of every day.
There has been no reason to put up a bike down here yet. We had a couple of 22 F nights, and it pretty much trashed my orange trees, but otherwise, a very wonderful winter down here in beautiful Lytle, Texas.
Mike
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4151 on: February 01, 2017, 03:55:56 AM »

I was on my way to Florida, but THREE different violent weather systems came through east Texas and across the southeast to Florida.  So I visited folks in central Texas instead.
    Some rain is supposed to be coming soon. I ride in rain but not in a Texas thunderstorm. I may be dumb but I'm not a dumb-a$$.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4152 on: March 16, 2017, 06:07:32 AM »

Since Ole Barefoot is slacking , I'll step up to the plate here.

GOODNITE EVERYBODY, EVERYBODY IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4153 on: March 16, 2017, 02:09:56 PM »

Since Ole Barefoot is slacking , I'll step up to the plate here.

GOODNITE EVERYBODY, EVERYBODY IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

Good morning, Danny! And good on ya for resurrecting this ol' thread... Ol' Barefoot Rob must be busy workin' on gee-tars. 

1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4154 on: March 17, 2017, 12:45:41 AM »

Thanks kids I've been out of sorts lately.......

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #4155 on: March 17, 2017, 04:23:30 AM »

Gilda - SNL

Danny had a shot at ending the thread-ender thread a month and a half ago..   but nooooooooooo   (as long as we are reliving glory days of SNL.   Belushi wasn't too bad either  
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4156 on: March 17, 2017, 05:47:17 AM »

Watched the Blues Brothers movie on TV for the umpteenth time a couple of weeks ago.  One of those movies that you see is on, tell yourself your not going to stay up all night watching that stupid movie again, but end up watching it anyways.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4157 on: March 17, 2017, 05:23:01 PM »

Watched the Blues Brothers movie on TV for the umpteenth time a couple of weeks ago.  One of those movies that you see is on, tell yourself your not going to stay up all night watching that stupid movie again, but end up watching it anyways.

Isn't that what retirement is for? (Well, that - and playing guitars all night...)

obe-wan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4158 on: March 27, 2017, 05:14:09 AM »

Well.....

Got a funny story for ya'll...

I took the kids through a McDonald's drive-through the other day, young lass behind the counter asked if I would like some cupcakes with my meal. "Cupcakes" !  I replied with childish glee!
Young girl behind the counter just looked at me and said deadpan "errrrr, no I said cup trays"

My kids thought it was hilarious.  bigrin

Had a great night Saturday night. Got invited to a new friends 50th birthday, he just said 'bring your guitar'. That's me on the far left.

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin 00-18V.
Gibson SG Classic.
Gibson ES-339.

Still no Larrivee.... :-(

Upwey, Victoria, Australia.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4159 on: March 27, 2017, 02:19:09 PM »

Now thats real porch music.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: 1 ... 207 [208] 209 ... 224   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: