Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oh to be young again.  Being able to croon a song certainly doesn't hurt when it comes to the ladies.  I see a lot of love in that picture.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Danny GREAT pix.And yes to be young again but with what I know now.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Danny, you look just the same lo these many years later.  How has your playing evolved over the years?  What (and how) did you play at the time of that picture and what do you play now?

I haven't played long enough to have a stylistic evolution.  My continuum is from wrong to right.  We'll get to real style...um...later.

Quote from: ryler on August 06, 2016, 09:25:29 AM
Danny, you look just the same lo these many years later.  How has your playing evolved over the years?  What (and how) did you play at the time of that picture and what do you play now?

I haven't played long enough to have a stylistic evolution.  My continuum is from wrong to right.  We'll get to real style...um...later.
I had a friend drop by yesterday who had not seen me in a long time and the first thing he said was "You look the same". Of course I had shaved off my beard (which is mostly white) and that does take some years away. But I sure don't look the same as the picture above. When I look in the mirror I'm surprised at times to see the old man looking back at me.

Back then I was 90% a strummer, thru the years I've played with much better players than myself and have had some improvement, but never really dedicated the time to get a proper style down. Eventually I gave up on tabs and such and just play a fingerstyle that comes to me naturally. One thing that improved was the ability to write a song with the music as well. That's where I'd like to improve more.

"Gotta say your lookin older...she told me your quittin...Well all the time you spend trying to get back what's been took from ya, more's going out the door... After a while you just have to get a tourniquet on it..."
  ...I feel overmatched... I always figured when I got older God would sorta come into my life somehow...And He didn't.And I don't blame Him...If I was Him I'd have the same opinion of me that He does..."You don't know what He thinks...what you got ain't nuthin new, this country's hard on people. You can't stop what's coming...It ain't all waiting on you...that's vanity..."
Maybe I'll go riding..."how'd you sleep?" I don't know, had dreams...both of em had my father in em...I'm older by twenty years than he was...I was a horseback going through this pass in the mountains. It was cold, snowing, but he had fire in a horn, like people did in the old days...He went on ahead
and I knew he'd be there, ahead of me.

Quote from: dependan on August 13, 2016, 10:05:03 PM
"Gotta say your lookin older...she told me your quittin...Well all the time you spend trying to get back what's been took from ya, more's going out the door... After a while you just have to get a tourniquet on it..."
  ...I feel overmatched... I always figured when I got older God would sorta come into my life somehow...And He didn't.And I don't blame Him...If I was Him I'd have the same opinion of me that He does..."You don't know what He thinks...what you got ain't nuthin new, this country's hard on people. You can't stop what's coming...It ain't all waiting on you...that's vanity..."
Maybe I'll go riding..."how'd you sleep?" I don't know, had dreams...both of em had my father in em...I'm older by twenty years than he was...I was a horseback going through this pass in the mountains. It was cold, snowing, but he had fire in a horn, like people did in the old days...He went on ahead
and I knew he'd be there, ahead of me.

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada???
Anthony J. Dern

Quote from: adern on August 14, 2016, 01:30:42 AM
No Country for Old Men then?
No, that's not it either. Longmire?
Anthony J. Dern

Just a bump to the top,this thread is not allowed to go to page two.

Thread Zcar     :wave

:donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Great job Unclrob...   you are a worthy thread keeper....    :cheers

:blush:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Most grateful for the rescue, Rob.  All relevant info that I need for daily living is found in this thread.

Saw this and thought of Uncle Rob...

My God...is this thread still alive?  Impressive! :roll :roll :roll

Being a heathen I'm not afraid of violence and being a repairperson I hold those nasty name's to my heart.

This thread will live until I'm dead. :bgrin:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Or at least 'til Scott deletes it...
George

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

Now thats funny........
If you've never read all 206 page's maybe all should.It is an insite to past and long time members......I mean the loonie's that have been here before most.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks