Pages: 1 ... 203 [204] 205 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a thread ender?  (Read 432010 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4060 on: June 22, 2016, 03:11:20 AM »

Nothin like a tele,though niether of mine are Fenders nor or are they standard tele's.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
obe-wan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4061 on: June 22, 2016, 03:32:10 AM »

Is that a Gibbo wrap around tail piece there Rob? Combining my two favourite electrics. A Tele and a '54 LP Goldtop. 

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin 00-18V.
Gibson SG Classic.
Gibson ES-339.

Still no Larrivee.... :-(

Upwey, Victoria, Australia.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4062 on: June 22, 2016, 02:07:32 PM »

Nothin like a tele,though niether of mine are Fenders nor or are they standard tele's.

Here is a couple of pics of the Fender Classic 70's Thinline reissue I am retrofitting in an attempt to create a substitute for the Larrivee Malibu that I so wanted to obtain before they stopped production of Larrivee electrics.  I have not done much to it, just replaced the tuning machines with Graph Tech Ratio F style locking ones and set it up with the strings I prefer.  So far it plays and sounds better than I had expected...

George
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4063 on: June 22, 2016, 02:17:52 PM »

Is that a Gibbo wrap around tail piece there Rob? Combining my two favourite electrics. A Tele and a '54 LP Goldtop. 

Cheers, Scott.

Yep,I've always love the LP's with just a wrap-a-round.I've owned a few over the years and wish I keeped them.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4064 on: July 12, 2016, 09:40:43 PM »

Just time to go back to the top before it goes to page two.

Thread Czar

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
nctom

Ignore
« Reply #4065 on: July 13, 2016, 02:31:12 AM »

I have avoided responding to this thread (see my thread earlier this week about being a thread ender) , but finally had to get in on the current topic. In 1971 I bought a '68 Les Paul reissue of the famed '50s model. It was a gold-top with P-90s and the wrap-around tailpiece. It was beautiful, sounded great with the big Gibson amplifier I had recently bought, and completely too good for a 19 year old country boy that was trying to go to school and find out what I wanted to do with my life. I kept it for a year or so and traded or sold it for something I don't recall and moved on. I have always regretted not keeping that LP and have bought many, many guitars in hopes of recapturing that allure.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4066 on: July 13, 2016, 04:03:03 AM »

The only way to get that sound is with an old style wrap-a-round.The one's they sell now don't get that tone.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4067 on: July 16, 2016, 02:32:48 AM »

Can't remember the name of the thread about pix of us with
guitars in the past. Plus I don't have the right stuff to try and find it.
So here is a pic of me, the little lady and my old Korean made Goya. I wrote a song for her to the tune "Never comes the Day.

I found this picture when I was burning about 10 boxes of old records.
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4068 on: July 16, 2016, 06:06:42 AM »

Oh to be young again.  Being able to croon a song certainly doesn't hurt when it comes to the ladies.  I see a lot of love in that picture.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4069 on: July 16, 2016, 06:27:08 AM »

Danny GREAT pix.And yes to be young again but with what I know now.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4070 on: August 06, 2016, 02:25:29 PM »

Danny, you look just the same lo these many years later.  How has your playing evolved over the years?  What (and how) did you play at the time of that picture and what do you play now?

I haven't played long enough to have a stylistic evolution.  My continuum is from wrong to right.  We'll get to real style...um...later.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4071 on: August 06, 2016, 04:45:29 PM »

Danny, you look just the same lo these many years later.  How has your playing evolved over the years?  What (and how) did you play at the time of that picture and what do you play now?

I haven't played long enough to have a stylistic evolution.  My continuum is from wrong to right.  We'll get to real style...um...later.
   I had a friend drop by yesterday who had not seen me in a long time and the first thing he said was "You look the same". Of course I had shaved off my beard (which is mostly white) and that does take some years away. But I sure don't look the same as the picture above. When I look in the mirror I'm surprised at times to see the old man looking back at me.

Back then I was 90% a strummer, thru the years I've played with much better players than myself and have had some improvement, but never really dedicated the time to get a proper style down. Eventually I gave up on tabs and such and just play a fingerstyle that comes to me naturally. One thing that improved was the ability to write a song with the music as well. That's where I'd like to improve more.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4072 on: August 14, 2016, 03:05:03 AM »

"Gotta say your lookin older...she told me your quittin...Well all the time you spend trying to get back what's been took from ya, more's going out the door... After a while you just have to get a tourniquet on it..."
   ...I feel overmatched... I always figured when I got older God would sorta come into my life somehow...And He didn't.And I don't blame Him...If I was Him I'd have the same opinion of me that He does..."You don't know what He thinks...what you got ain't nuthin new, this country's hard on people. You can't stop what's coming...It ain't all waiting on you...that's vanity..."
Maybe I'll go riding..."how'd you sleep?" I don't know, had dreams...both of em had my father in em...I'm older by twenty years than he was...I was a horseback going through this pass in the mountains. It was cold, snowing, but he had fire in a horn, like people did in the old days...He went on ahead
and I knew he'd be there, ahead of me.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4073 on: August 14, 2016, 03:10:31 AM »

Then I woke up.
adern

Ignore
« Reply #4074 on: August 14, 2016, 03:59:08 AM »

"Gotta say your lookin older...she told me your quittin...Well all the time you spend trying to get back what's been took from ya, more's going out the door... After a while you just have to get a tourniquet on it..."
   ...I feel overmatched... I always figured when I got older God would sorta come into my life somehow...And He didn't.And I don't blame Him...If I was Him I'd have the same opinion of me that He does..."You don't know what He thinks...what you got ain't nuthin new, this country's hard on people. You can't stop what's coming...It ain't all waiting on you...that's vanity..."
Maybe I'll go riding..."how'd you sleep?" I don't know, had dreams...both of em had my father in em...I'm older by twenty years than he was...I was a horseback going through this pass in the mountains. It was cold, snowing, but he had fire in a horn, like people did in the old days...He went on ahead
and I knew he'd be there, ahead of me.

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada???

Anthony J. Dern
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4075 on: August 14, 2016, 04:02:09 AM »

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada???
nope
adern

Ignore
« Reply #4076 on: August 14, 2016, 06:30:42 AM »

nope
No Country for Old Men then?

Anthony J. Dern
adern

Ignore
« Reply #4077 on: August 14, 2016, 06:34:12 AM »

No, that's not it either. Longmire?

Anthony J. Dern
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4078 on: August 14, 2016, 01:20:36 PM »

YUP
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4079 on: September 06, 2016, 03:18:15 PM »

Just a bump to the top,this thread is not allowed to go to page two.

Thread Zcar     

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: 1 ... 203 [204] 205 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: