Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on March 15, 2016, 10:25:55 PM
This is the good luck page, all who post here on this 200th page will experience great wisdom and wealth.
I can use some of that.  :donut :donut2 :cheers
Anthony J. Dern

This is the good luck page, all who post here on this 200th page will experience great wisdom and wealth.
:donut :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :donutThis group has given me good information, not sure if I have converted to wisdom yet.
And even a single Larrivee would make one wealthy.
Mike
L-05
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: unclrob on March 15, 2016, 10:24:28 PM
:wave Congrats Bob on turning the 200 page.You now have the job with me in keeping this thread off of page two and standing guard from it ever ending. :cheers

:nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee

Thanks for the offer.....   we'll have to discuss benefits and perks....  it's going to take a lot to get me to come out of retirement....   :bgrin:    :humour:

I will happily take some of that!!!   :donut :donut2 :donut :coffee :donut2 :donut :thumb
George

Quote from: eded on March 16, 2016, 06:34:00 AM
Ok, 200 pages.  What's the new goal?

Ed

To reach page 201.  Let's not aim too high (to avoid disappointment).

Kurt
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: mike in lytle on March 16, 2016, 08:59:10 PM
:donut :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :donut
So I was driving home from work today, I guess at the time it was few minutes past 5, and I heard this really cool song on the local college radio station. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the song or any of the lyrics, or even the basic chord structure, tho it was stupidly similar to the I-IV-V we hear all the time on our old favorite tunes that we want to write a song "just like that" but any of our humble efforts fall far short.
I doubt any of you were listening to it at the time, via radio, or internet broadcast, but if you were, you know exactly the tune I am talking about. And if not, it doesn't matter, cause all the I-IV-V songs are all pretty much similar. Probably 50 tunes like it were playing on various radio stations all over the country at the same time. And probably 50 million people were smiling and now wishing they could remember that tune as well.
Mike
L-05
e

Ha!  Have you ever watched the Pachelbel Rant video on YouTube?  My friend and I joke about the common chord structure thing a lot.  Time to learn a new song for worship team at church, and someone asks how it goes....uh, I-IV-V-vi, like all the others!   :roll
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

Quote from: mike in lytle on March 16, 2016, 08:59:10 PM
:donut :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :donut
So I was driving home from work today, I guess at the time it was few minutes past 5, and I heard this really cool song on the local college radio station. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the song or any of the lyrics, or even the basic chord structure, tho it was stupidly similar to the I-IV-V we hear all the time on our old favorite tunes that we want to write a song "just like that" but any of our humble efforts fall far short.
I doubt any of you were listening to it at the time, via radio, or internet broadcast, but if you were, you know exactly the tune I am talking about. And if not, it doesn't matter, cause all the I-IV-V songs are all pretty much similar. Probably 50 tunes like it were playing on various radio stations all over the country at the same time. And probably 50 million people were smiling and now wishing they could remember that tune as well.
Mike
L-05

What ?  :?   You mean there is another one other than I-IV-V ?  Next you will be telling me that the  down-up-down-up  strum pattern  is not the only one. 

Quote from: Paraclete on March 17, 2016, 10:06:55 AM
e

Ha!  Have you ever watched the Pachelbel Rant video on YouTube?  My friend and I joke about the common chord structure thing a lot.  Time to learn a new song for worship team at church, and someone asks how it goes....uh, I-IV-V-vi, like all the others!   :roll

Precisely why I like to listen to progressive/alternative rock. The composers tend to purposely avoid that. Although the genre is certainly not immune from cliches.

That should end this thread. A prog rock discussion.   :bgrin:
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Quote from: markj on March 17, 2016, 11:56:08 AM
Precisely why I like to listen to progressive/alternative rock. The composers tend to purposely avoid that. Although the genre is certainly not immune from cliches.
That should end this thread. A prog rock discussion.   :bgrin:
:coffee :donut2
The simple 3 chord genre, is most perfectly illustrated by any song you are hearing for the very first time, yet your 5 year old is singing along with the refrain by the second verse.
Mike
L-05
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on March 17, 2016, 12:35:25 PM
:coffee :donut2
The simple 3 chord genre, is most perfectly illustrated by any song you are hearing for the very first time, yet your 5 year old is singing along with the refrain by the second verse.
Mike
L-05

You know, sometimes I just use two chords when I am feeling a little adventurous

Having been a soul,funk,R+B player sometimes its just one chord!
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

"In Search of the Lost Chord"

CONGRATS! Happy 200 post! What a thread!

And congrats Dan  :cheers :cheers

I'm not a thread ender but I've sure be a thread extender a time or two.

Good job everyone - you quickly blew through page 200 and landed on 201.

Now what?  :?

Quote from: Paraclete on March 17, 2016, 10:06:55 AM

My friend and I joke about the common chord structure thing a lot.  Time to learn a new song for worship team at church, and someone asks how it goes....uh, I-IV-V-vi, like all the others!   :roll

This is SO true! I'm wondering when this phase of worship songs will die out (hello, Chris Tomlin, please, give it a rest!), and people will get creative again. Of course, I like lots of the "new hymns" by people like Stuart Townend, and quirky stuff that most churches won't even consider, by people like Cathy Burton and Julie Miller...

"The Light of the World" by Cathy Burton (Find Stuart Townend in this video...)

"River Where Mercy Flows" by Julie Miller

:thumb

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: fongie on March 17, 2016, 04:43:58 PM
CONGRATS! Happy 200 post! What a thread!

And congrats Dan  :cheers :cheers
Well thanks, but what for :?

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 17, 2016, 05:35:15 PM
Good job everyone - you quickly blew through page 200 and landed on 201.

Now what?  :?

This is SO true! I'm wondering when this phase of worship songs will die out (hello, Chris Tomlin, please, give it a rest!), and people will get creative again. Of course, I like lots of the "new hymns" by people like Stuart Townend, and quirky stuff that most churches won't even consider, by people like Cathy Burton and Julie Miller...

LOL @ the Chris Tomlin comment!  Townend and Getty do a lot of great stuff for sure.  (Must comment that the guy who sold me my LSV-11 apparently works for the Gettys). Fernando Ortega has some very interesting arrangements.  As does Jadon Lavik.

2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

Mod's, please lock this thread, it has gotten way off topic.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on March 20, 2016, 02:31:33 PM
Mod's, please lock this thread, it has gotten way off topic.

I've tried..  it refuses to be locked...   :blush:

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 20, 2016, 04:18:53 PM
I've tried..  it refuses to be locked...   :blush:

A fruitless plea.....  there is no lock AND the door has been removed so all may come and go as they please....   :thumbsup