Pages: 1 ... 199 [200] 201 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a thread ender?  (Read 432852 times)
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3980 on: March 16, 2016, 02:48:53 AM »

Ok...  it's close enough to tomorrow to flip the page....   bigrin
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3981 on: March 16, 2016, 02:50:55 AM »

Ok...  it's close enough to tomorrow to flip the page....   bigrin

200 and going - going- going.......  where is that rabbit when you want him ?????                       

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3982 on: March 16, 2016, 03:24:28 AM »

Congrats Bob on turning the 200 page.You now have the job with me in keeping this thread off of page two and standing guard from it ever ending.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3983 on: March 16, 2016, 03:25:55 AM »

This is the good luck page, all who post here on this 200th page will experience great wisdom and wealth.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
SMan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3984 on: March 16, 2016, 04:07:09 AM »

Sweet!

Steve ....aka the SMan
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3985 on: March 16, 2016, 04:36:18 AM »

This is the good luck page, all who post here on this 200th page will experience great wisdom and wealth.

I have more then enough useless wisdom,SOOOOO just send cash or postal Money Orders... bigrin

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3986 on: March 16, 2016, 11:34:00 AM »

Ok, 200 pages.  What's the new goal?

Ed
adern

Ignore
« Reply #3987 on: March 16, 2016, 11:40:13 AM »

I can use some of that. 

Anthony J. Dern
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #3988 on: March 16, 2016, 11:50:50 AM »

:donutThis group has given me good information, not sure if I have converted to wisdom yet.
And even a single Larrivee would make one wealthy.
Mike
L-05
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3989 on: March 16, 2016, 01:49:59 PM »

Congrats Bob on turning the 200 page.You now have the job with me in keeping this thread off of page two and standing guard from it ever ending.

Thanks for the offer.....   we'll have to discuss benefits and perks....  it's going to take a lot to get me to come out of retirement....   bigrin   

George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3990 on: March 16, 2016, 01:51:57 PM »

I will happily take some of that!!!   

George
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3991 on: March 17, 2016, 01:18:18 AM »

Ok, 200 pages.  What's the new goal?

Ed

To reach page 201.  Let's not aim too high (to avoid disappointment).

Kurt

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #3992 on: March 17, 2016, 01:59:10 AM »

So I was driving home from work today, I guess at the time it was few minutes past 5, and I heard this really cool song on the local college radio station. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the song or any of the lyrics, or even the basic chord structure, tho it was stupidly similar to the I-IV-V we hear all the time on our old favorite tunes that we want to write a song "just like that" but any of our humble efforts fall far short.
I doubt any of you were listening to it at the time, via radio, or internet broadcast, but if you were, you know exactly the tune I am talking about. And if not, it doesn't matter, cause all the I-IV-V songs are all pretty much similar. Probably 50 tunes like it were playing on various radio stations all over the country at the same time. And probably 50 million people were smiling and now wishing they could remember that tune as well.
Mike
L-05
Paraclete

Ignore
« Reply #3993 on: March 17, 2016, 03:06:55 PM »

So I was driving home from work today, I guess at the time it was few minutes past 5, and I heard this really cool song on the local college radio station. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the song or any of the lyrics, or even the basic chord structure, tho it was stupidly similar to the I-IV-V we hear all the time on our old favorite tunes that we want to write a song "just like that" but any of our humble efforts fall far short.
I doubt any of you were listening to it at the time, via radio, or internet broadcast, but if you were, you know exactly the tune I am talking about. And if not, it doesn't matter, cause all the I-IV-V songs are all pretty much similar. Probably 50 tunes like it were playing on various radio stations all over the country at the same time. And probably 50 million people were smiling and now wishing they could remember that tune as well.
Mike
L-05
e

Ha!  Have you ever watched the Pachelbel Rant video on YouTube?  My friend and I joke about the common chord structure thing a lot.  Time to learn a new song for worship team at church, and someone asks how it goes....uh, I-IV-V-vi, like all the others!   

2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #3994 on: March 17, 2016, 04:44:09 PM »

Mike
L-05

What ?     You mean there is another one other than I-IV-V ?  Next you will be telling me that the  down-up-down-up  strum pattern  is not the only one. 
markj

Ignore
« Reply #3995 on: March 17, 2016, 04:56:08 PM »

e

Ha!  Have you ever watched the Pachelbel Rant video on YouTube?  My friend and I joke about the common chord structure thing a lot.  Time to learn a new song for worship team at church, and someone asks how it goes....uh, I-IV-V-vi, like all the others!   

Precisely why I like to listen to progressive/alternative rock. The composers tend to purposely avoid that. Although the genre is certainly not immune from cliches.

That should end this thread. A prog rock discussion.   bigrin
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #3996 on: March 17, 2016, 05:35:25 PM »

Precisely why I like to listen to progressive/alternative rock. The composers tend to purposely avoid that. Although the genre is certainly not immune from cliches.
That should end this thread. A prog rock discussion.   bigrin

The simple 3 chord genre, is most perfectly illustrated by any song you are hearing for the very first time, yet your 5 year old is singing along with the refrain by the second verse.
Mike
L-05
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #3997 on: March 17, 2016, 06:32:14 PM »

The simple 3 chord genre, is most perfectly illustrated by any song you are hearing for the very first time, yet your 5 year old is singing along with the refrain by the second verse.
Mike
L-05

You know, sometimes I just use two chords when I am feeling a little adventurous
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3998 on: March 17, 2016, 07:03:33 PM »

Having been a soul,funk,R+B player sometimes its just one chord!

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3999 on: March 17, 2016, 07:20:24 PM »

"In Search of the Lost Chord"
Pages: 1 ... 199 [200] 201 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: