Pages: 1 ... 193 [194] 195 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a thread ender?  (Read 431710 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3860 on: October 28, 2015, 03:36:49 AM »

And  #4  blasts one over the outfield wall in the bottom of the 9th. ✴
                           I do believe we have a good  World Series this year.

Five innings later this is a big win for  KC.  Lonnnnngg game.
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3861 on: October 28, 2015, 06:53:44 AM »

And  #4  blasts one over the outfield wall in the bottom of the 9th. ✴
                           I do believe we have a good  World Series this year.

Five innings later this is a big win for  KC.  Lonnnnngg game.

I've lost some interest since the Jays got eliminated by the Royals.  But now I'm cheering for the Mets since I can't bring myself to cheer for the team that beat the Blue Jays.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3862 on: November 13, 2015, 05:40:46 AM »

I've lost count actually, but about 17 Larrivees have come through my house, including at least 4 of the parlors (O size) and 4 OO's. It's been a search for me to find the models and sound I want.
Currently I have four Larrivees and several other guitars, some hand made etc.
I've had Martin's, Taylor's, Gibson's and other high end as well as vintage guitars. Still have some of those. But the Larrivees get the most play and my old O-01 MH is the closest to me and gets the most play lately. Nothing tin can our cardboard about this Lil guitar. I even strum it fairly hard and it remains crisp and clean.
I'm thinking about recording it next to three other progressively larger models to see if it fools some of the know it alls.
You have to forgive me if that offends you, because you see your comments leave a bad taste in my mouth and I truly know better than "tin can & cardboard" troll talk.
Nuff said

Just posted the above on the Larrivee guitar owners forum on face book. Bet I didn't win friends with that post. I just had enough of the trash can crowd.   blush
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3863 on: November 13, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »

But the Larrivees get the most play and my old O-01 MH is the closest to me and gets the most play lately. Nothing tin can our cardboard about this Lil guitar. I even strum it fairly hard and it remains crisp and clean.
I'm thinking about recording it next to three other progressively larger models to see if it fools some of the know it alls.

Is that the one you fixed the top cracks on and refinished? Nice little guitar...

I've had a total of around 7-9 Larrivee acoustics come through my possession, and three electrics...have another acoustic on order and a used electric being delivered next week...see below for current Larrivee residents. I enjoy them all; each one is different...

...have two other "diametrically opposed" guitars (in terms of design); a Martin and an Ovation, and I like them both for different reasons, too.

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3864 on: November 13, 2015, 04:27:26 PM »

Is that the one you fixed the top cracks on and refinished? Nice little guitar...

I've had a total of around 7-9 Larrivee acoustics come through my possession, and three electrics...have another acoustic on order and a used electric being delivered next week...see below for current Larrivee residents. I enjoy them all; each one is different...

...have two other "diametrically opposed" guitars (in terms of design); a Martin and an Ovation, and I like them both for different reasons, too.
    Yup, its the O-01 MH, I did post on FB today "Trolls was a bad choice" I said that out of my emotions due to the fact I was playing the guitar and reading the negative comments on Larrivee parlors. It happens with me sometimes. Guess I could blame it on the Scot blood, but that is just a poor excuse for rudeness.
      I enjoy other guitars as well, Martin makes some fine ones as well as others, in my case though it is true that the Larrivees get the most play. I'm sure that the X-brace conversion old all hog Harmony may be a bit hard to put down once it is finished. I already had it playable and really liked the tone a lot. It was like a scalloped X braced Martin to my ear. Having had an OM-21 for years I know what that bracing brings to a guitar.
      I've wanted a 000-17 Martin for a long time, but they are very scarce. Glossed, all hog and scalloped X bracing. Sounds a lot like what I'm attempting to do with the old Harmony.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3865 on: November 13, 2015, 04:36:41 PM »

Those negative comments on the Larrivee Parlors were made without those people ever trying to get them to sound good.  What do you bet no setups were performed on them at all?  It irritates me to hear people blowing off a perfectly good guitar model as sounding poorly without even giving it their best go first...

George
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3866 on: November 13, 2015, 10:11:13 PM »

I've wanted a 000-17 Martin for a long time, but they are very scarce. Glossed, all hog and scalloped X bracing. Sounds a lot like what I'm attempting to do with the old Harmony.

It's not a 000, but the 00-DB Jeff Tweedy model has most of the specs you mentioned above (the "DB" stands for "deep body"...). I played one locally and was really impressed with it the first time I played it...for some reason when I came back and played it a few weeks later, I wasn't as impressed. That may have been because 1) the strings had been killed by players, or 2) I'd been playing the D-35's and the 00 just didn't seem to measure up.

Either way, a very nicely appointed guitar...

1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3867 on: November 13, 2015, 10:25:36 PM »

If money was no object, the Martin Stephen Stills 00 is beyond anything I've ever played.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3868 on: November 19, 2015, 07:52:15 PM »

I'm listening to the JACKSON BROWNE tribute album LOOKING INTO YOU. I really like the two songs Lyle Lovett sings, but as Rosie was playing he sings"It's who you look like, not who you are"
   Then it dawned on me why Lyle chose to sing Rosie.

If you can find his two songs on you tube, give em a listen. Bonnie Raitt is good also.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3869 on: December 16, 2015, 05:40:15 PM »

mad This thread should never be on page two..So a quike bump to the top.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3870 on: December 16, 2015, 06:16:36 PM »

+1   Unc Rob....   hero for the day....  nice save....   
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3871 on: December 16, 2015, 06:22:24 PM »

Hah! When I saw this thread pop back up, first person I thought of was unclrob ... way to go, old man!   

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3872 on: December 16, 2015, 08:17:57 PM »

Just keep'n it real.

Time to do the stikey thing at the top........................I've asked before and am doin so once again

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #3873 on: December 16, 2015, 09:24:32 PM »

Time to do the stikey thing at the top........................I've asked before and am doin so once again
Well, that would be ok I guess, and maybe I got the wrong idea about the thread, but isn't part of it supposed to be we pay attention to it and never let it die? If it's a sticky, then maybe we won't take collective responsibility. I thought I saw a rule somewhere that a newbie with less than 200 posts had to ask permission from 5 oldies with more than 3000 posts, in order to post to a sticky. Might be wrong.
Mike
L-05
C-05
L-02-12
Forum V RS-4
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3874 on: December 16, 2015, 09:27:54 PM »

Lots of old men posted on this page of the thread...  Never let it die...

George
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3875 on: December 17, 2015, 03:09:57 PM »

I think we are stuck already  blush
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3876 on: December 17, 2015, 04:47:44 PM »

Maybe Unclrob should be appointed the "official" overseer of this page and as such he makes certain it's always on Page 1.....

Congratulations Unclrob the Overseer.....   +1        bowdown       bowdown      bowdown

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3877 on: December 17, 2015, 06:03:06 PM »

First and foremost I'm not a grown old man since I reach fifty 10 years ago and since I never grew up the old man thing just doesn't fit.This doesn't mean much when my child calls me a fossil all the time.

Maybe Unclrob should be appointed the "official" overseer of this page and as such he makes certain it's always on Page 1.....

Congratulations Unclrob the Overseer.....   +1        bowdown       bowdown      bowdown

I will do my best to serve this thread to best of my ability.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #3878 on: December 17, 2015, 06:53:10 PM »

In my official capacity as Global Moderator, I hereby make it so.    Unclrob is now the "OFFICIAL OVER-SEER" of the thread-ender thread.  It's a lifetime appointment.   
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3879 on: December 17, 2015, 07:31:45 PM »

All hail Unclrob...   bowdown   bowdown   bowdown

bowdown   bowdown   bowdown Unclrob,  "OFFICIAL OVER-SEER"  & Keeper of the Thread   bowdown   bowdown   bowdown
 bowdown   bowdown   bowdown

Thank you Tuffy
Pages: 1 ... 193 [194] 195 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: