Pages: 1 ... 192 [193] 194 ... 224   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a thread ender?  (Read 473374 times)
obe-wan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3840 on: October 16, 2015, 06:31:56 PM »

And STILL NO LARRIVEE!

But you do have your OM-21, so that counts for something. (at least in my book )

I just put on a set of Waverly Vintage style tuners and had the frets dressed on the OM-21. Still love it.

There's a 000-50 for sale not far from me...... It might be time. 

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin 00-18V.
Gibson SG Classic.
Gibson ES-339.

Still no Larrivee.... :-(

Upwey, Victoria, Australia.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3841 on: October 16, 2015, 06:34:22 PM »

Danny likes it!
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3842 on: October 16, 2015, 07:00:33 PM »

OH!!!CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY 6 B'DAY to this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #3843 on: October 16, 2015, 07:36:22 PM »

OH!!!CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY 6 B'DAY to this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many can say they've read all 3,847 replies to the original post ?   Raise your hand !!!   
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3844 on: October 16, 2015, 10:17:49 PM »

How many can say they've read all 3,847 replies to the original post ?   Raise your hand !!!   
Not only read em, wrote a good mess of em.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3845 on: October 16, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »

Late at night when all are asleep I have been know to go back and reread it,plus like Danny I wrote a lot too.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3846 on: October 16, 2015, 10:28:52 PM »

This thread should be locked--just kidding :)
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3847 on: October 17, 2015, 04:06:43 AM »

I've read most of it.  For sure everything posted starting July 2010 when I joined the forum.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3848 on: October 17, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3849 on: October 17, 2015, 09:30:23 PM »

I think I've read them all and posted some.  But to those of you who have posted much, you are proven failures at thread-ending.  It is an art.   It requires a certain blandness in tone and personality. Those who excel offer little insight, no inspiration and at best elicit a disinterested "hmm" from the reader.   Said reader cannot even muster the energy to click on an emoticon in response.  We who have participated in this thread are clearly too fascinating to end up with the title.  We are damn intriguing and just can't end threads.  Period. 
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3850 on: October 17, 2015, 11:29:53 PM »

Bravo, bravo,  well said.....(applause)
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3851 on: October 19, 2015, 12:25:38 AM »

I take a humble bow.  Man, was it cold today with snow.  I'm not happy about this.  Nostalgic for summer already.  We hiked the the deep woods and all trails were obscured by fall leaves, which I know I should think are beautiful but they have me longing for the green, green grass of home.
vates

Ignore
« Reply #3852 on: October 19, 2015, 08:45:36 AM »

Yes, I remember this thread. Tried my chances then AFAIK. I'll try again 

Serge

2009 Larrivée F-III LS-03RHB #36
2009 Larrivée A-33
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3853 on: October 26, 2015, 03:39:12 AM »

Nuthin to see here, move along  cop and no more posts on this thread.  cop
vates

Ignore
« Reply #3854 on: October 26, 2015, 06:24:52 AM »

Nice try, Danny  afro

Serge

2009 Larrivée F-III LS-03RHB #36
2009 Larrivée A-33
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3855 on: October 28, 2015, 03:36:49 AM »

And  #4  blasts one over the outfield wall in the bottom of the 9th. ✴
                           I do believe we have a good  World Series this year.

Five innings later this is a big win for  KC.  Lonnnnngg game.
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3856 on: October 28, 2015, 06:53:44 AM »

And  #4  blasts one over the outfield wall in the bottom of the 9th. ✴
                           I do believe we have a good  World Series this year.

Five innings later this is a big win for  KC.  Lonnnnngg game.

I've lost some interest since the Jays got eliminated by the Royals.  But now I'm cheering for the Mets since I can't bring myself to cheer for the team that beat the Blue Jays.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3857 on: November 13, 2015, 05:40:46 AM »

I've lost count actually, but about 17 Larrivees have come through my house, including at least 4 of the parlors (O size) and 4 OO's. It's been a search for me to find the models and sound I want.
Currently I have four Larrivees and several other guitars, some hand made etc.
I've had Martin's, Taylor's, Gibson's and other high end as well as vintage guitars. Still have some of those. But the Larrivees get the most play and my old O-01 MH is the closest to me and gets the most play lately. Nothing tin can our cardboard about this Lil guitar. I even strum it fairly hard and it remains crisp and clean.
I'm thinking about recording it next to three other progressively larger models to see if it fools some of the know it alls.
You have to forgive me if that offends you, because you see your comments leave a bad taste in my mouth and I truly know better than "tin can & cardboard" troll talk.
Nuff said

Just posted the above on the Larrivee guitar owners forum on face book. Bet I didn't win friends with that post. I just had enough of the trash can crowd.   blush
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3858 on: November 13, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »

But the Larrivees get the most play and my old O-01 MH is the closest to me and gets the most play lately. Nothing tin can our cardboard about this Lil guitar. I even strum it fairly hard and it remains crisp and clean.
I'm thinking about recording it next to three other progressively larger models to see if it fools some of the know it alls.

Is that the one you fixed the top cracks on and refinished? Nice little guitar...

I've had a total of around 7-9 Larrivee acoustics come through my possession, and three electrics...have another acoustic on order and a used electric being delivered next week...see below for current Larrivee residents. I enjoy them all; each one is different...

...have two other "diametrically opposed" guitars (in terms of design); a Martin and an Ovation, and I like them both for different reasons, too.

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3859 on: November 13, 2015, 04:27:26 PM »

Is that the one you fixed the top cracks on and refinished? Nice little guitar...

I've had a total of around 7-9 Larrivee acoustics come through my possession, and three electrics...have another acoustic on order and a used electric being delivered next week...see below for current Larrivee residents. I enjoy them all; each one is different...

...have two other "diametrically opposed" guitars (in terms of design); a Martin and an Ovation, and I like them both for different reasons, too.
    Yup, its the O-01 MH, I did post on FB today "Trolls was a bad choice" I said that out of my emotions due to the fact I was playing the guitar and reading the negative comments on Larrivee parlors. It happens with me sometimes. Guess I could blame it on the Scot blood, but that is just a poor excuse for rudeness.
      I enjoy other guitars as well, Martin makes some fine ones as well as others, in my case though it is true that the Larrivees get the most play. I'm sure that the X-brace conversion old all hog Harmony may be a bit hard to put down once it is finished. I already had it playable and really liked the tone a lot. It was like a scalloped X braced Martin to my ear. Having had an OM-21 for years I know what that bracing brings to a guitar.
      I've wanted a 000-17 Martin for a long time, but they are very scarce. Glossed, all hog and scalloped X bracing. Sounds a lot like what I'm attempting to do with the old Harmony.
Pages: 1 ... 192 [193] 194 ... 224   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: