Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

" No energy in the universe is created and none is destroyed"

At least according to the first law of thermodynamics. But there are higher laws.

I always like to say there is no such thing as cold, only the presence or absence of heat.

Cannot end this thread without some pics of a new L-09
George

I like that a lot ! Did you just get it?

Just today Danny, after waiting a couple of months for a guitar that was supposed to be ready in a couple of weeks (my compliments to Matthew Larrivee for seeing it done).  It has a 1 11/16 inch nut to fit my smaller hands and it feels real nice. And it sounds like an L body should, but I suspect after it gets played in it will come out some more...
George

It's a a beauty, that's a shame about the nut size though  :whistling:

Quote from: georbro3 on June 12, 2015, 06:52:52 PM
Cannot end this thread without some pics of a new L-09
Luvly  :drool: Might want to introduce it to all here in a new thread!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Thanks Andrew, I will just as soon as I finish getting it setup and the new Gotoh 510 Luxury Mode tuners installed...
George

My upcoming weekend project is to replace the tuning machines on my beloved D-03 koa with a set of the new Gotoh 510 Luxury Mode tuning machines in a chrome finish...
George

Quote from: georbro3 on June 17, 2015, 03:23:28 PM
My upcoming weekend project is to replace the tuning machines on my beloved D-03 koa with a set of the new Gotoh 510 Luxury Mode tuning machines in a chrome finish...
I have a new set of Gotohs that I bought years ago from an elderly guitar repairman here in Austin. He gave me a super deal on them, but I just haven't found the right guitar to put them on yet. I'm thinking of the O Project, but I like the gold Shallers with the large ebony buttons. Still you have me thinking of using them when I make the bone nut and saddle.

I have 7 or 8 sets of the Gotohs, really love those guys.  There is Nothing at all wrong with the Schaller tuners.  I recently bought a set of Schaller GrandTune to replace a set of Grover open back machines.  Very smooth 18:1 tuning machine.  The best kept Larrivee tuner secret seems to be who manufactures the machines they now put on the 60 series headstocks?  I really like the ones they put on my D and my SD, but no one seems to know what they are...
George

Nice, I have a set of three on a stick for a slot head Larrivee that look similar to those. More of the stuff walkerman sent me awhile back.

Just left GC with a new Epiphone Les Paul special II, in a very pretty wine color. It's for my younger son. He is going to use a program to learn to play better on his computer.

I almost bought one of those a couple of years ago.  Good value for the $.  I need a bolt on neck like that for a short scale body project, hard to find.
George

I have to reach 10 posts to enable PM's. Therefore, the thread lives on...

I was going to post something but my brain has recovered from a Sunday FOH gig in 108 temp yet so this is what you get............................................................. :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Is this the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end?

Quote from: Strings4Him on July 14, 2015, 10:00:13 AM
Is this the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end?

Yes. :thumb

Danny what country is the pix from?
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help