Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The city is coming to take our washing machine today, fridge goes tomorrow. Gave away 12 nylon string guitars to the elementary school down the street....they were ecstatic... and a friend is coming tonight to pick up a few more guitars I`ll give him tonight.....originally, I had planned to get a container on my own and fill it but the wife is Japanese, she preferred getting a company to load/unload it, do the paper work and take care of the shipping from Vancouver to Calgary so thats the route we took....kind of like the way Japanese like to travel...have a travel agent do all the planning and thinking, they like to just get on a plane and have everything done for them, I mean even the meals so they don`t have to look at foreign menus `n stuff......I know people who go to Europe for 10 days and see 8 cities, well "see" is a relative term I guess, I bet they get to see things through a bus or train window, not my idea of traveling but there you are...different way of doing things in Japan....like that needed to be said.

the end.

That's a fine way to end this thread.
Please remember to turn off the light on the way out.

Quote from: Queequeg on May 21, 2015, 08:12:45 PM

Thanks for opening this thread one last time so we could shut it down.  :rolleye:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 21, 2015, 08:53:03 PM
Thanks for opening this thread one last time so we could shut it down.  :rolleye:

Quote from: Queequeg on May 21, 2015, 08:12:45 PM

:roll You guys are so funny.I plan on keeping this thread going even after I'm dead and gone  :wave .
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on May 22, 2015, 08:48:02 AM
:roll You guys are so funny.I plan on keeping this thread going even after I'm dead and gone  :wave .

You mean you still have a pulse?   :wink:
Steve ....aka the SMan

Quote from: SMan on May 22, 2015, 10:55:40 AM
You mean you still have a pulse?   :wink:

SSSSHHHHHHHHH,nobody but my family knows that I'm part vampire and bigfoot.......PLEEEEEASSSE don' tell the Buffy gang were I live....... :cheers
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Larrivee cup holder :tongue:

Nope. This thing "ain't" ending any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK Danny, I give up.  What is the glass in the sound hole for?
George

Quote from: georbro3 on May 25, 2015, 04:42:01 PM
OK Danny, I give up.  What is the glass in the sound hole for?
I was looking for something to put my glass of ice tea in to keep it from getting broke. So I put a cloth inside and had a fine holder while doing fret and neck work.  :whistling:

Geeez, if it was me the glass would be in much greater danger in there!  I get a little rambunctious when I work on a guitar.  My Memorial Day project was to polish the satin off the back and sides of my D-03 koa.  The wood looks much deeper and the grain much better with a slight luster finish.  Hard to photograph though...
George

Quote from: dependan on May 25, 2015, 04:46:44 PM
I was looking for something to put my glass of ice tea in

Long Island?
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: georbro3 on May 25, 2015, 04:56:30 PM

Hard to photograph though...

No excuses - give it your best "shot" (no pun intended).  :rolleye:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

OK, Best shots captured.  I have to say this is a tone monster in its own right.  The Italian Spruce top is near pure white and, coupled with the koa, produces phenomenal tone...
George

Here is the front of the this guitar.
George

And this is it before polishing...
George

Thanks, I did not want it to be too shiny, just lustrous...  amazingly enough it did not take very long either.

P. S.  Glad you are OK, I have a daughter that lives in Austin too.  And two more in Houston.  And some more kids/grandkids in NE Texas.  Bad weather/flooding all over.  Tornado hit very near me in Shreveport last night.
George