Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: mike in lytle on March 27, 2015, 02:28:31 PM
:donut :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :donut
No. I think shutting it down would be unfair to all the future forum members who have not had a chance to post. Somewhere there are young people who will someday get a Larrivee. This thread connects the distant past to the far future. It is an investment.
Mike

:+1:  :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance  :wave :wave :wave :wave  :+1:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: mike in lytle on March 27, 2015, 02:28:31 PM
:donut :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :donut
No. I think shutting it down would be unfair to all the future forum members who have not had a chance to post. Somewhere there are young people who will someday get a Larrivee. This thread connects the distant past to the far future. It is an investment.
Mike

Hey, hey........totally agree

I haven't contributed yet.  I think it should be mandatory, in addition to offering a doughnut, that every new member post in this thread just to keep it going.

Rosborn, such a good idea.   :cop:  Mandatory contribution to the thread as a hazing ritual for newbies. 

I say this thread does not need a sticky because the members just won't let it die.  It's kinda fun when it goes away for a few pages and resurfaces.

Quote from: rosborn on March 28, 2015, 03:18:48 PM
I haven't contributed yet.  I think it should be mandatory, in addition to offering a doughnut, that every new member post in this thread just to keep it going.

Yet, the objective is to make the ultimate thread-ending post in here.  Oh, the irony.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: rosborn on March 28, 2015, 03:18:48 PM

How about making it mandatory for newbies to read the whole thread.   :ohmy:

Reality------------ its hard enough to get a newbie to bring donuts. :roll
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on March 29, 2015, 10:51:39 AM
How about making it mandatory for newbies to read the whole thread. 

I like.........an initiation into the Lav Forum

Thats it show the newbee's just how insane we are here.Foodfights and all. :roll They'll signout right away.......UNLESS there real loon's themself. :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Public service announcement
Taco Bell steak Double dillas are really good :thumb

I was immediately informed upon entry that this was the loonie bin...  People just run when I post...  or maybe just ignore?     :coffee :donut :donut2   :beer   :cheers
George

Yup, I'm about to receive my fifteenth Larrivee. That will be four at the house present time. And I'm a rather mild Larrivee enthusiast.

Quote from: dependan on April 23, 2015, 05:53:27 PM
Yup, I'm about to receive my fifteenth Larrivee. That will be four at the house present time. And I'm a rather mild Larrivee enthusiast.

Snagged the parlor, didja ?

Quote from: tuffythepug on April 23, 2015, 06:53:17 PM

Snagged the parlor, didja ?

I'm a sucker for little ponies that have been rode hard put up wet and need some TLC.

Quote from: dependan on April 23, 2015, 05:53:27 PM
Glad to hear you got it Danny, I knew you were interested. You will certainly give it the TLC it needs. Looking forward to see it progress  :thumb
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on April 23, 2015, 08:29:16 PM
Glad to hear you got it Danny, I knew you were interested. You will certainly give it the TLC it needs. Looking forward to see it progress  :thumb
I hope to make the cracks invisible and make it a fine little player. We'll see how it goes.

well, the plans are made, tickets booked, moving company booked...looks like I`m a headin` back home fer good in May.....great to be able to end the thread with this news.

Quote from: sneaky on April 30, 2015, 03:06:12 AM
well, the plans are made, tickets booked, moving company booked...looks like I`m a headin` back home fear good in May.....great to be able to end the thread with this news.

Congrat and have a safe move.  So glad you could end this on a positive note.   :thumb
Steve ....aka the SMan

Quote from: sneaky on April 30, 2015, 03:06:12 AM
well, the plans are made, tickets booked, moving company booked...looks like I`m a headin` back home fear good in May.....great to be able to end the thread with this news.
You're leaving Tokyo and heading exactly where, sneaky?
Safe travels to wherever it is that you are following your stuff.
And if it's anywhere in N America...  :welcome: HOME!

Quote from: Queequeg on April 30, 2015, 07:33:56 AM
You're leaving Tokyo and heading exactly where, sneaky?
Safe travels to wherever it is that you are following your stuff.
And if it's anywhere in N America...  :welcome: HOME!

Ditto  :welcome:  back.