Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A couple of times while visiting my Dad in Arizona my wife and I stayed at a great little county park in our motor home just off the Carefree Highway.  Good mountain bike trails.  Fairly close to the Mariners spring training facility in Peoria too.

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/cave_creek/directions.aspx
Steve ....aka the SMan

At one time in my life Arizona was my favorite place to just spend a week or weekend driving around and discovering new places.

Quote from: dependan on April 25, 2013, 10:00:12 AM
At one time in my life Arizona was my favorite place to just spend a week or weekend driving around and discovering new places.

Danny, when I was a youngster I spent summers in Bisbee with an uncle who worked in the open-pit copper mine.    There's lots of stuff to explore.  He used to take me in his old army jeep out into the desert to look for turquoise and other rocks for my collection and to target-shoot with his rifles.   Those were fun summers

Carefree Highway.  What a great name!!!

My first road trip from Flagstaff down to Oak creek canyon, through Sanoma, Cottonwood, Jerome and on through Prescot before dfiving back down out of the  high country through Joshoua Tree National forest sold me on Arizona for life. I have been back there so many times that I couldn't tell how many.
    Unfortunately I saw Sanoma attract too many people too the Oak creek canyon and polution levels caused the swimming sites to be closed. Beer bottles and disposable diapers left in one of the most beautiful spots in America. I never could understand why people would do such a thing.
     I wrote the route above by memory, so if I messed up feel free to correct me.

Quote from: tuffythepug on April 25, 2013, 10:15:39 AM
Danny, when I was a youngster I spent summers in Bisbee with an uncle who worked in the open-pit copper mine.    There's lots of stuff to explore.  He used to take me in his old army jeep out into the desert to look for turquoise and other rocks for my collection and to target-shoot with his rifles.   Those were fun summers
Never been to Bisbee but Jerome is an old copper mining town with a musem, built on the mountainside. A very interesting town to visit on the way to Prescott coming up of of the red rock area. Where a lot of old westernss were filmed and they would say it was Texas.

Quote from: Strings4Him on April 25, 2013, 10:18:46 AM
Carefree Highway.  What a great name!!!
Yup, Gordon Lightfoot thought so as well. "Let me slip away, slip away on you" A good cure for " the morning after blues, from my head down to my shoes"
        One of my favorites from G.L.

Quote from: dependan on April 25, 2013, 01:01:47 PM
 Never been to Bisbee but Jerome is an old copper mining town with a musem, built on the mountainside. A very interesting town to visit on the way to Prescott coming up of of the red rock area. Where a lot of old westernss were filmed and they would say it was Texas.
"
Danny, I have a cousin from Bisbee who was a world champion at quick-draw.   He even stars in a video game called "Fast Draw".  Wes Flowers is his name.  He has worked on several western films as an adviser and as stuntman.  I know there were a lot of western movies filmed around there.   He's had some health problems and now just has a gunsmith business. 

Quote from: dependan on April 25, 2013, 01:06:47 PM
Yup, Gordon Lightfoot thought so as well. "Let me slip away, slip away on you" A good cure for " the morning after blues, from my head down to my shoes"
        One of my favorites from G.L.
:thumbsup
'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos

That's funny, I often feel that way too - on a all forums in general (I'm very new here).  I guess it's probably just paranoia if we are all thinking it.

Wait till you start several topics and no one replies at all :blush:  

Yeah ,so I,m just changing my socks right now......................let me tell ya bout it

No need to, I do that a couple of times a month so I know what cha mean.

I'm not wearing any socks  :wave

Well since were talking about not wearing something I'm not wearing any unde.......TMI.....I play in my duo as Barefoot Rob,except in the winter when it gets cold then I wear socks.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help