Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

American Motors, AMC, Javelin, Eagle, Concord and the odd cousins Pacer and Gremlin. :wacko:

I'm giving up cars.........

Peter
creestudios.com
Art Guitars and more

Quote from: Peter Cree on May 18, 2012, 12:42:04 PM
I'm giving up cars.........

As well you should. If you REALLY want to be an individual, both physically, and emotionally, you should be riding a

Dude...just when you think you've seen it all.........
Peter
creestudios.com
Art Guitars and more

Quote from: Peter Cree on May 18, 2012, 12:50:41 PM
Dude...just when you think you've seen it all.........
You'll think I am making this up but I almost collided with a unicycle less than an hour ago.

Quote from: CZERO9RW on May 18, 2012, 11:32:07 AM
Ha! Ummm... don't think so.

I don't think something that looked like this could possibly end up as a Pace Car at a Nascar race...

some thing in the wrinkles of my mind tells me that at some race it was a Pace car....but as we all know my mind isn't rig...I mean perf.....IIi mean in the greatest shape as far as memory goe's.... :doh
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Queequeg on May 18, 2012, 01:37:02 PM
You'll think I am making this up but I almost collided with a unicycle less than an hour ago.

I admit I am made a bit nervous.

... an explanation of this incident may just well be 'El fini'...

Quote from: CZERO9RW on May 18, 2012, 02:15:34 PM
I admit I am made a bit nervous.

... an explanation of this incident may just well be 'El fini'...
This is a quirky little college town and it is not so unusual to see unicycles and jugglers, costumed buskers, street preachers....
He rode up behind me as I was walking on the sidewalk and people approaching from the other direction didn't give way to him. He was trapped and i didn't know he was there until it was almost too late.

Quote from: unclrob on May 18, 2012, 01:37:22 PM
some thing in the wrinkles of my mind tells me that at some race it was a Pace car....but as we all know my mind isn't rig...I mean perf.....IIi mean in the greatest shape as far as memory goe's.... :doh
The second thing to go is your memory.....
'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos

Quote from: CZERO9RW on May 18, 2012, 11:32:07 AM
Ha! Ummm... don't think so.

I don't think something that looked like this could possibly end up as a Pace Car at a Nascar race...

Yup, they just don't make em like that anymore.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

That Pacer pic is awesome! We had one growing up ... or was it a Gremin - no, it was a Pacer.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: dependan on May 18, 2012, 12:34:46 PM
  American Motors, AMC, Javelin, Eagle, Concord and the odd cousins Pacer and Gremlin. :wacko:

You forgot the Matador, the Spirit, the Ambassador and the Marlin...and of course, way back when there was an AMC car just called the "Rambler American"... you can read lots more on Wikipedia...

(Disclaimer ... my father-in-law was a BIG Rambler/AMC guy; he never could do anything first class, bless his heart...)
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

When I was just a wee little jerk my Mom had a Rambler station wagon with the push button transmission and when driving it sounded like a horde of wasp flying so we called it the "Green Hornet".Kinda cool car.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I had a 1960 Rambler with a flathead 6 cylinder engine and a glove box drawer that could hold a 6 pack on ice and still had plenty of room for maps and parking tickets, and of course registration and proof of insurance and a six shooter.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on May 20, 2012, 10:35:35 PM
I had a 1960 Rambler with a flathead 6 cylinder engine and a glove box drawer that could hold a 6 pack on ice and still had plenty of room for maps and parking tickets, and of course registration and proof of insurance and a six shooter.
A flathead in 1960?

So another Gibbs brother bites the dust. Not a big fan of their music, but they were obviously talented.  :bowdown:

RIP Robin Gibbs. Only 62...that's sad.

Obituary here
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

This hits close to home.   He's my age.   I'm not ready to got yet;  I'm sure he wasn't either.

Quote from: tuffythepug on May 21, 2012, 10:41:58 AM
This hits close to home.   He's my age.   I'm not ready to got yet;  I'm sure he wasn't either.
My wife and I are both in this age group as well. No way I'm ready yet, I don't even feel like I've grown up in some areas.
     This is why we sold our house and are in the midst of downsizing big time. Stress can take you out early and in my case I had to do something. I think we are on the right track now though, at least I hope so.

I just don't know what to do with all these guitars :? We are storing furniture etc. but the guitars need proper storage. Gonna have to sell some or find foster homes for a good while. We are moving into a cottage sized place and going to travel a lot in the year ahead.

Problems in life, but it beats the alternative :thumbsup