Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We had a flat nosed school bus for a while, a real old one. I talked the driver into letting me stand up front as we went up and down the hills. I think that's where I got the bug for motorcycles. I needed to be right in the environment, smelling it, tasting it, feeling the wind , rain, cold, heat...whatever. It made me feel alive. :+1:

Quote from: cbarclay on February 02, 2012, 04:08:49 PM
I had no idea!  You ever make it back up here?
Sure my mom lives off the Gasconade where the Big Piney flows into it. I have a hundred uncles, aunts, cousins a sister etc. who still live in the Ozarks. Some are truly cultured and some are truly hillbillies. Most are just good folks.

Here's a cap I've had at least 25 years. I know they stopped selling this type way back.

Wow, that's a cool cap!  Sound alike you hve some great stories and memories of the area.
I'm glad we made this connection - I knew you weren't as bad as everyone said you were! 
Chris

I guess I should put a stop to this.

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on February 02, 2012, 04:05:09 PM
When we were kids, we called roller coaster hills like that "tickle bellies" or "thrill hills".  There were many gravel roads with hills like that around where I grew up and if you drove fast enough on them, you would get quite a tickle in your tummy.
Closer the one pix with the shaved head.Her sister had more feathers and I remember they where pink and blue.Then again it was like 1970 and I think I was chewing on a piece of paper with a wierd dot on it. :whistling:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

He's gonna wish he took the blue pill  :doh

page on oh eight will certainly be a milestone.  who knows what it'll bring?
Chris

That Forum IV 00-03 on the home page looks great. Got to play one last November... I've had 00 GAS ever since! :smile:
Dave
'12 L-03RW Italian Spruce (Wildwood)

Quote from: dave42 on February 04, 2012, 11:24:02 PM
That Forum IV 00-03 on the home page looks great. Got to play one last November... I've had 00 GAS ever since! :smile:
I kinda like that one myself. :winkin:

I see no problem with getting to page 108 or 09 or 10 1nd beyond. :wave
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: dependan on February 05, 2012, 07:49:11 AM
  I kinda like that one myself. :winkin:
I wonder why??

I know I like mine too. That size is small enough to be couch-worthy but with the same scale length as a dread they really pump out the tone and volume. It's always a toss up between the FiV and my Martin 000-16SRGT.

Quote from: dave42 on February 04, 2012, 11:24:02 PM

Home Page?   :ohmy:
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Denis on February 05, 2012, 01:01:31 PM
I wonder why??

I know I like mine too. That size is small enough to be couch-worthy but with the same scale length as a dread they really pump out the tone and volume. It's always a toss up between the FiV and my Martin 000-16SRGT.
I enjoyed some of your newer tunes on the F-IV via You Tube today. The mic you use captures the tonal qualities of the lil gits really well.

Well, heck, Danny almost ended the thread after all.   Almost 2 weeks without a response.   
Where'd everyone go ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Me I've been in the land of soldering.I have install 6 replacement pu's on various electrics,remove a small selector switch and replaced it with a push/pull tone pot wich allowed me to move the volumn controll back one hole,then filled that hole.Clean a bass amp that hadn't been cleaned in 15 years and another bass amp that hadn't been cleaned in 5 years.Today I rewired a tele and on my bench is another replace pu and install push/pull pot job.Had 2 rehearshals with 2 differant groups and of coarse V-Day and I'm hoping that I stay this busy.I will try and keep this thread moving foward.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on February 17, 2012, 01:26:48 PM
Me I've been in the land of soldering.I have install 6 replacement pu's on various electrics,remove a small selector switch and replaced it with a push/pull tone pot wich allowed me to move the volumn controll back one hole,then filled that hole.Clean a bass amp that hadn't been cleaned in 15 years and another bass amp that hadn't been cleaned in 5 years.Today I rewired a tele and on my bench is another replace pu and install push/pull pot job.Had 2 rehearshals with 2 differant groups and of coarse V-Day and I'm hoping that I stay this busy.I will try and keep this thread moving foward.

May I speak for the forum saying we will be forever in you debt.  :thumb

(Well except for those 7 that are ignoring you as well as those who don't like this thread.  :winkin: :laughin:)
Steve ....aka the SMan