Pages: 1 ... 93 [94] 95 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a thread ender?  (Read 430926 times)
SMan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1860 on: December 29, 2011, 01:57:50 PM »

Yup, I haven't had a hangover since July 12th 2000...

My last one was in 1985. 

Steve ....aka the SMan
Dru Edwards

Ignore
« Reply #1861 on: December 29, 2011, 02:05:21 PM »

My last one was in 1985. 

I have learned that a night of drinking followed by Mr. Noodles (ramen noodles) is not a good thing!
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1862 on: December 29, 2011, 02:11:31 PM »

Lucky me. I bottomed out on hangovers when I was a teenager. I get no pleasure from being drunk.  A drunkard has to be the most uninteresting person to be around.  

Well, there is nothing funnier than a good drunk and little worse than a bad one...
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1863 on: December 29, 2011, 03:45:47 PM »

My last one was in 1985. 

Congrats! Hangovers are highly overrated...
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1864 on: December 29, 2011, 07:12:06 PM »

I've had 1 hangover in the last 10-15 years and it was bad. Came because I mixed it up as people handed me different stuff. Oh man was I sick and had a.m. 11:00 gig that morning..
Partner at time was worried and even called someone to ask if they could fill in for me. Ha. That was an insult.  I went and kicked butt and drove partner to keep up with my energy level. It wasn't in my head either. Partner shook thier head at me and asked how I did that. Gotta reach deep for that mojo sometimes.
Then I went home and slept the rest of the day............
 I'm not making light. Trust me, I know all too well the pitfalls of alcohol on a direct or ex-direct family level. Congrats to all who laid it on down completely.    

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1865 on: December 29, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »

And some folks think the thread ender topic is all rubbish.
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1866 on: December 29, 2011, 07:56:19 PM »

I love it. It's a catch all that you can feel free to go anywhere with.   next..........

boat

Ignore
« Reply #1867 on: December 29, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »

Maybe someone should write a song about it - 'this is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend'.....   hmmm...  that one has a familiar ring to it.  I get a trapped feeling when I hear it.... like it will never end and I have to keep listening to it over and over and over and....

L03R(e)
Taylor 314CE
Taylor 312CE
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1868 on: December 29, 2011, 09:55:10 PM »

I think I was instrumental in getting a thread locked over the Christmas holiday 
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1869 on: December 30, 2011, 01:33:02 AM »

Yea! The thread ender thread has been given a vote of confidence! Feel free to cut loose and reveal your heart and soul, your silliness, your alien abduction experience, how you felt during first comminunion, how you felt when Regen was elected. what music means to you, how mama's blackberry jam was so good, where you were the first time you heard Purple Haze, how your teenage girlfriends strawberry bllonde hair glowed at sunset, the camping trips you took when young, the disfunctional family experiences, or perhaps even about pieces of wood with strings tied across them that vibrate out sonic pleasures.  Feel free to keep posting. When we quit posting to this catch all thread that reveals sometimes our hearts, we all shall die and the Mayans will be proven correct. We can't let that happen. we shall survive thru brotherhood,sister hood and forumhood..   and the thread shall never die! 

flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1870 on: December 30, 2011, 01:35:29 AM »

I find it a shame that a silly thread like this gets more attention than the thread about making chords gets. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1871 on: December 30, 2011, 02:14:12 AM »

I find it a shame that a silly thread like this gets more attention than the thread about making chords gets. Doesn't make much sense to me.
  What are chords?
SMan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1872 on: December 30, 2011, 03:35:40 AM »

I could end this thread if only someone would let me.

Just Sayin'

Steve ....aka the SMan
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1873 on: December 30, 2011, 04:34:18 AM »

1:I have never drunk so much that I got a hangover.

2:This thread is a way to get to know a little of the personality of the members is a relavent thread.

3:I'm a loonie and plan on ending this thread Dec.10,2036 when I turn 80.

In the mean time keep posting and having fun.Me for giggle's and grins I cruise thru the whole thread every now and again.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1874 on: December 30, 2011, 11:47:28 AM »

2:This thread is a way to get to know a little of the personality of the members is a relavent thread.
That's it there.  See the bearclaw in thier skull and wonder how it ended up like that?

flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: December 30, 2011, 11:48:30 AM »

What are chords?
Those things that connect you to your mother.

bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1876 on: December 30, 2011, 02:16:05 PM »

Feel free to cut loose and reveal your heart and soul, your silliness, your alien abduction experience, how you felt during first comminunion, how you felt when Regen was elected. what music means to you, how mama's blackberry jam was so good, where you were the first time you heard Purple Haze, how your teenage girlfriends strawberry bllonde hair glowed at sunset, the camping trips you took when young, the disfunctional family experiences, or perhaps even about pieces of wood with strings tied across them that vibrate out sonic pleasures.   

Ah, the first time I heard Purple Haze!  Age 14 around the corner at Danny's house. That intro fuzz pedal was something new to me. Danny mimed out the whole song. I was intrigued. It was his older sister's record and she also had Neil Young's After The Gold Rush. Danny's house was where I first experienced serious rock music. Haven't seen or heard from Danny since I was 15 when we went camping together and he revealed a quick temper in a card game that totally made me distance myself from him. But there was no going back on my interest in rock music from that point. Next up, Alice Cooper at Steve and Dave's house across the street! See none of that got played on the radio at the time in England, you had to know someone who was into it.

If it sounds good, it is good.

flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: December 30, 2011, 02:29:15 PM »

My brother, 6 years older than me, got "are you experienced" right after it came out. I was about 11? It was SO different from anything that anyone had heard before. Very exciting. It and Creams Disrelli Gears just took Rock music to a whole new level. Even the Album covers had a feel about them that siad "your not in Kansas anymore"
I can't put myself in a young ones head, but I don't see how any music today can make an impact like that stuff did, or the Beatles, or Elvis back in the 50's.

bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: December 30, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »

Even the Album covers had a feel about them that said "your not in Kansas anymore"

The album covers transported the genre to new heights of mystical experience. That After the Gold Rush cover was one of them. Alice Coopers "Killer" was mesmerizing . Another big one for me was Led Zep IV that didn't even have the band's name on it. It was all very magical. Those album jackets were so self-assured, implying that they were really onto some kind of secret knowledge. And I hadn't even started doing acid yet.

If it sounds good, it is good.

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1879 on: December 30, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »

AAHH 12" album jackets were could see the artwork,read the liner notes without a magnafier glass while listening to it.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: 1 ... 93 [94] 95 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: