Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

:winkin:  whoops, sorry GA-ME
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Dang my computor went down Friday,Congrats Mr LV19E on starting the 84 page. :thumb
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Omce more to the top. :wave
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Had a big day this week, Got my Larrivee's out and my Martins. (even cleaned up the archtop and put new strings on it)

I played all four of them the same day. I know big whoopee :blush:. But that's the first time in many moons for me. The old Martin archtop was the last I played and my hands were hurting by then, but I am encouraged.

I had put all my guitars away except the R.K. I leave out all the time, because my 5 year old, wonderful, vibrant and totally energetic grand son came to stay with us for a little over a week. It was great to have him around, but it's also nice to have the guitars within reach again. Just in case I put in less than a 12 hour day. I just got home from work and it's been this way everday, I don't even bother calling people back if I can't get to em, all they would do is be mad at me. At least this way the business line message told them to "be patient cause I am real busy".

I haven't even gone swimming one time this year, which reminds me my retirement poll ends today. :whistling:

I've killed better threads than this one!!!

:yak: :yak: :yak:
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

The problem is,this thread has become immortal and there always seems to be someone { :whistling:} willing to keep the blood flowing thru it. :wave
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: ffinke on July 30, 2011, 08:27:40 PM
I've killed better threads than this one!!!

:yak: :yak: :yak:
I really think this thread evolved into it's own little "catch all corner of the forum" or just a bit of comic relief once in a while.

You guys do realize this is really just some sick social experiment, dont you?  :cheers

Cheers, The Thread Ender Starter.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

This is no where near the sick social experiment we live in. :whistling:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

:crying: :crying: :crying:

:roll :roll :roll

I'm conflicted................
Steve ....aka the SMan

Quote from: unclrob on August 04, 2011, 09:38:25 AM
This is no where near the sick social experiment we live in. :whistling:

:+1:  well said.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Hey guys, I bought a new (to me) Truck!

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Sctott, nice ride!!! I had a 1987 Nissan 4 X 4 with the Z-24 engine and a small lift kit installed. I paid 1500 USD for it with about 50,000 miles on it in the late 90's. I gave it to my brother with 250,000 on it and it still didn't burn a quart of oil between 3000 mile oil changes. The only thing that I ever had to do to that truck was rebuild the  5 speed manuel transmission, because of failure from an engineering flaw. The tranny had a smal oil catch that went from the tranny, through a steel mating plate, and into the transfer case. It was angled to catch oil from the tranny gears and deliver it to the transfer case. This part was a pressed fit and, at about 150,000 miles, it worked loose and turned slightly upward resulting in it not catching enough oil for the transfer case and starving the bearings. The bearings failed and trashed a couple gears in the tranny. I bought another used transmisson, that was also bad, but had all the mated gear pairs that were trashed in the original. My father and I made one good tranny out of both broken ones. I paid 50 dollars for the second tranny and, if I remember correctly, about 150 for new bearings from a Nissan dealer. We tack welded a new oil catch, that we fabricated ourselves, to the steel mating plate between tranny and transfer case. I drove it another 100,000 before I gave it to my brother. He finally killed the truck when it was at about 280,000 by continously loading it with almost a ton of scrap metal when he was laid off and making rent by scrapping.  With the deisel you should get many miles with proper maintenece!! My wife and I just bought a new Nisasan Cube, because it was the only under 20,000 dollar car that made at least 30MPG and was big enough for my 6' 3" 215 pound -CENSORED-!!! I am just a wee bit jealous though! The two things my life are missing right now are two of a man's best partners: a good solid pick-em-up-truck and a nice 80 pound, plucky, game, Georgia Pit-Bullgogge!!  Congrats!!!

Thanks GA-ME, yeah Ive gotta say Im pretty happy. Ive always had great service from Nissans (Ive had quiet a few now) so had no hesitation buying this one.

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

FWIW,

:cheers :beer :arrow :drool: :doh :? :whistling: :wink: :blush: :mad: :yak: :ohmy: :tongue: :winkin: :smile: :laughin: :ph34r: :wave :nana_guitar :nanadance :bowdown: :thumb :yawn

Oh and BTW,

:coffee :donut2 :donut  :guitar

Steve ....aka the SMan

Been a member just over a year now.  I feel I've finally earned the right to post in this immortal thread. (My first contribution to it)
Kurt
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

I had a couple way back. Actually the first one was still called Datsun. I put 150k on it with absolutely 0 problems. I then got a Nissan and did the same with it. It's last couple of years were on St. Thomas (had it shipped down there). Anybody familier with STT knows it's straight up steep hills, some rediculus inclines. Not one problem and neither lost any oil every and no transmission problems. I don't even recall having to get new clutch for either.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on August 19, 2011, 11:55:06 PM
Been a member just over a year now.  I feel I've finally earned the right to post in this immortal thread. (My first contribution to it)
Kurt

Welcome to the thread of all threads, O Tardy One.  Now that you've joined the elite club, get to work at entertaining us, wouldja?  (Each post is approved by Scott and vetted for its thread-worthiness before being published.  You can tell the heavy editing hand is at work by the high quality discussions contained within.  It's a posting meritocracy, I tell ya.)

I hopping that this post is the beginning of page 85....If not I'll try again. :humour:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks