Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'd be glad too help but your doing real fine on your own.The way to go is a small shop in house,quike turn-a-round of work done right.I'm sure there are lots of tech/luthiers in Austin but when I was there in the 80's they weren't all that good.As for opening a shop to sell your still better off working out of your home selling used only guitars and bass's.Keep a nice guitar amp{low wattage and a nice bass amp also low wattage} just for demo.Since ebay dictates the retail value the best way to go is an ebay store I have a friend thats not getting rich but can pay his bills via his ebay store and he works from home{abetterguitarstore}.Oh ya no charge on the lessons glad to help. :thumb
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Thanks Rob, I do have both amps. Though they are higher output. I think your idea's are very sound.

Just getting it off page 2 and back where it belongs. :wave

:donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut :donut :donut :coffee :coffee
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on March 17, 2011, 12:03:39 PM
Just getting it off page 2 and back where it belongs. :wave

:donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut :donut :donut :coffee :coffee
You were short a cup of coffee, 11 donuts requires 3 cups.  :coffee
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on March 17, 2011, 06:25:06 PM
You were short a cup of coffee, 11 donuts requires 3 cups.  :coffee

Great now somebody else will ignore him.   :winkin: :humour:
Steve ....aka the SMan

Quote from: SMan on March 17, 2011, 07:39:39 PM
Great now somebody else will ignore him.   :winkin: :humour:

:roll
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

If you'll notice , once again I ended the thread for a good period of time (ten days this time) I know I had two weeks once if not three.
                                          Just sayin :humour:

In reality I would drink 11 cups of coffee for 2 doughnuts.I can drink coffee all day without getting the jitters and it doesn't keep me up BUT the 2 doughnuts will give me the jitters and keep me up. :arrow :donut :donut :donut :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :thumbsup
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on March 17, 2011, 09:53:37 PM
In reality I would drink 11 cups of coffee for 2 doughnuts.I can drink coffee all day without getting the jitters and it doesn't keep me up BUT the 2 doughnuts will give me the jitters and keep me up. :arrow :donut :donut :donut :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :thumbsup
Sure but how much scotch is in those cups :winkin:   Just sayin :whistling:

unclrob, did you know duck has you beat on being ignored? He has 7 and you only have 6. Just some trivia I spotted a few days ago, can't remember why, but I don't remember a lot these days.
                              Think I'll have a real donut :donut

[attachment deleted by admin]

OK. Im back, whad I miss ?????

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.
Achillies 5F2A Princeton.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on March 18, 2011, 01:59:46 AM

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Cheers, Scott.

Well, you certainly didn't miss the end of this thread!

Quote from: obe-wan on March 18, 2011, 01:59:46 AM

Cheers, Scott.
Nothin much. We kept the lites on for you though. Welcome back to the thread that never ends. :gotdonuts:

Danny I would never insult coffee or scotch by mixing them together in the same glass/cup.That said a couple of shots evry now and then inbetween.Duck and I are in a little compution I was up too 7 and then someone either decided I was no longer ignorable so dropped 6. :humour:

:nanadance :nanadanceSCOTT your back good to know.Was it good vacation?Details my friend!! :welcome:back!!!!
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on March 18, 2011, 10:04:08 AM
I was up too 7 and then someone either decided I was no longer ignorable so dropped 6. :humour:

Actually, I think they deleted their membership. So really that decided to ignore all of us.
Roger

Quote from: unclrob on March 18, 2011, 10:04:08 AM
Danny I would never insult coffee or scotch by mixing them together in the same glass/cup.T

I am totally with you here. It would be tragic to tarnish a fine scotch, however, you could substitute scotch for its irish cousin and have a nice irish coffee, if that is your cup 'o tea....er coffee.  :coffee
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Cam was never big on Irish whiskey's.A good gin{read as Bombay Sapphire}either as a very very very dry martini or with a splash of real pink grapefruit juice. :nanadance
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on March 29, 2011, 09:12:56 PM
A good gin{read as Bombay Sapphire}

Is there any other.   :thumb  :nanadance
Roger

I've seen bottle's in the store that say Gin but I think they were faking it.You know wanna be's.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I drank a BIG cup of coffee from my Larrivee Forum mug this morning. No whiskey though. :wink:
Unclrob if you see this and have any pointers on re-gluing a bridge on a Gibson, I am struggling with one that keeps pulling up. I know that this top was waxed a lot with something that had silicone in it. I have had a mess with making it look better. And I know some of the wax had seeped under the bridge so I think that is one factor.
 I also have reshaped the underside of the bridge with cabinet scrapers to better match the arch in a Gibson flat top. The top itself though is a mess under the bridge. Partially split etc. So I am cleaning it up slowly with very sharp chisels and sharpened flat blades and such. As well as sanding sticks , pads etc.

So my thought now is either cut out the split area and glue in a small piece of spruce or continue shaving, shaping and sanding until I can fill the low spots with epoxy and eventually epoxy the bridge on.

I know epoxy is not a good thing to use, but this is not a vintage model Gibby and I'm tired of dealing with it. My friend is coming to town this weekend and I would like to have it ready for him. I guess I could give him a loaner guitar and continue to do my best to restore the area under the bridge to a solid wood surface and shape it to the bridge then hide glue or tite bond it.

OK just needing some advice.   "grasshopper danny"