Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absolutely!
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

The long and winding road.

Im thinking of selling off my unplayed Epiphone Dot, Laney amp, Crafter D8 and anything else in my music room that has even the slightest bit of dust on it and dropping the hammer on a P-03...... Advise please? ..... :wink:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

My ankles are swelling. :coffee :donut
Steve ....aka the SMan

Quote from: obe-wan on December 08, 2010, 06:18:17 PM
...... Advise please? ..... :wink:

Cheers, Scott.

:nanadance Do It  :nanadance
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on December 08, 2010, 07:15:01 PM
:nanadance Do It  :nanadance

Hey Roger, thanks for the sound advise! Yeah, I reckon I'll do it.....but after the Xmas madness is over.  :wacko:

Better a guitar I will play than two collecting dust I say.  :wink:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

I haven't been in this thread for quite a while, but I appreciate all you kids keeping this going so I could come in and finish it off.
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

Scott you exspected a different answer....from us....really...you need a break from the kids.I get mine for 2 weeks.Thats when my seasonal insanity will start.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: obe-wan on December 08, 2010, 08:16:12 PM
Hey Roger, thanks for the sound advise! Yeah, I reckon I'll do it.....but after the Xmas madness is over.  :wacko:

Better a guitar I will play than two collecting dust I say.  :wink:

Cheers, Scott.

Scott donno if I would sell the Epi - pretty versatile tool that you might want/need down the road. Certainly would be narrowing your focus which can be good and bad. Tough one for sure as we know how much you miss the Larrivee
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on December 08, 2010, 09:49:44 PM
Scott donno if I would sell the Epi - pretty versatile tool that you might want/need down the road. Certainly would be narrowing your focus which can be good and bad. Tough one for sure as we know how much you miss the Larrivee

Hey JOYCE, yeah I do miss Larrivee, and Ive always wanted a Parlor, so......

I also see your point with the Epi. i just put Duncan '59's and a wiring kit through it too.

As for narrowing down the versatility of my arsenal, I really dont jam in a full band/electric environment anymore, and cant see it happening again anytime soon. Im pretty much a wee hours picker these days, no gigs on the horizon even with the acoustic....... man Im gettin old....... :blush:

The truth is I pretty much suck on an electric anyway, so Im probably doing my neighbors a favor too!

Hey Uncle, you were right! I dont really need everyones advise. I can talk myself into anything!

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Glad you came to you insanity about it.I find myself doing the same thing as you Scott,getting down to only the tools I really use.I still play electric guitar and bass with bands,mostley fill in gigs for right now.BUT the leader of the last band I played in is considering putting something together after the first of the year.At this point I may end up being the bass player but a paying gig is a paying gig and I do enjoy playing bass,as this leader leave's me to play as I wish which means playing chords and  nothin but bottum.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: obe-wan on December 08, 2010, 06:18:17 PM
Im thinking of selling off my unplayed Epiphone Dot, Laney amp, Crafter D8 and anything else in my music room that has even the slightest bit of dust on it and dropping the hammer on a P-03...... Advise please? ..... :wink:

Cheers, Scott.

Scott
I too have been giving some thought to downsizing the collection lately.    I spent some time in my guitar room last night just looking at what I've got that just hangs there and never gets played.    I think it's time to be a realist about this stuff.    I'm considering selling the guitars that I never, or rarely play.   After all, this isn't a museum here, it's a music room.   I've just about decided that these can go:   
All lefties.....
Carvin TL-60 electric
Guild GAD-JF30 maple jumbo
93 Gibson Gospel
85 Gibson ES-335 dotneck tobacco sunburst
I haven't played any of these guitars in the past year.    I'm sure someone else could make good use of them.
If I were to sell them all I'd be able to acquire a new guitar that I've been lusting after for quite a while.  Makes sense to let 4 go and get 1 new one that I'll play frequently.    We'll see....

T the P

Tuffy maybe you'll end up with some leftover cash too.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Tuffy and Uncle, you hit the nail on the head.

Also considering the stuff Im planning to get rid of is not high end stuff anyway, and would be pretty easily replaced if need be (not that I will be) I really see it as an opportunity to buy another high quality guitar. And the Parlor will get used.

I dont see myself gassing for anything too soon owning a Larrivee P-03 and a Martin OM-21.  :nana_guitar

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Scary but pretty little bomb. :arrow
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying