Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: dependan on September 10, 2010, 11:08:34 PM
  Scott, I was playing some Martins today and checking out a few nice ones on Jim Holler's site. :whistling:

Hey Danny, yeah its been over a year since I bought my Martin, so it must be time for another one....  :cheers

The truth is, I havent really GAS'ed for anything since, well not for very long anyway. Although if a Forum IV was to some how find its way Down Under that might change.

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

I saw a Crafter OM of some kind or 000 maybe. It was only 200 locally, but it's getting hard to find places to put all these guitars.
  I'm converting a futon into a case/guitar rack to give me more storage.

Quote from: dependan on September 17, 2010, 10:15:35 AM
  I saw a Crafter OM of some kind or 000 maybe. It was only 200 locally, but it's getting hard to find places to put all these guitars.
  I'm converting a futon into a case/guitar rack to give me more storage.

Hahahahah  :roll Love the Futon idea! Im lucky, Ive got a spare room downstairs. Just need to fill it with instruments now.

Crafter. You know what Danny, they're not bad! They have a sound of there own, mine has the Engleman top which helps a bit, but all in all its a decent sounding guitar. Its serving me well at work, and Im taking it on holidays next week up to the Alpine region of Victoria, so I wont have to worry so much about humidity/temp with the laminated back and sides it has.

I looked at the OM Crafters but decided Id buy a Dread just for something different. I also think if a guitar has limitations, a bigger body can help the tone a little if it happens to be lacking in other areas.  :wink:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

The Taylor Jumbo I have now has Engelmann on the top. It is an alpine spruce and from what I'm reading is close to Italian or German Alpine spruce. It's getting hard to find it in larger trees though, so I may have a bit of a rarity with a jumbo Engelmann.

Quote from: Glennd on September 11, 2010, 03:04:47 PM
I'm sure this is already answered somewhere in the previous 62 pages, but what is the time frame for a thread to go unanswered after you post to be considered a "thread killer"?

Glenn,  I'm not sure that a time frame has been designated.  The Thread Ender Committee will have to vote on that and make it official.  But I think you can sense it when you keep checking back to see who has responded to your post and, well, there's just no love for your post.  So you weep.

Seeing as its football season it may just be time to go on to other things so lets just end this here.

Nope thats not going to stop or end this thread.There is no time frame on any post we have had 4 year old post brought back to life.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Can you believe that an A/C man is spending his weekend working on his own A/C.

I'd rather be  :guitar

Quote from: dependan on September 18, 2010, 05:23:57 PM
  Can you believe that an A/C man is spending his weekend working on his own A/C.

I'd rather be  :guitar

My brother is a plasterer. He started a renovation at the rear section of his house around......3-1/2 years ago? Guess what hasnt been done yet. THE PLASTER !!!!!!!

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

This is my first and last post in this thread...none of you can say that!!!!

My wife's friend ran her first ever half marathon this morning...I can barely run 1 km, she ran 21 in 2'07"...I should get off my butt....oh, and this thread will never end....

In 4 days this thread will have its first birthday.  :ohmy:  :cheers

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Wow..... and we have accomplished what :whistling:

Have you ever wondered that this thread does not actually exist? Perhaps a group delusion? Evidence of a break down in the space- time continuum?
:?
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: cke on September 19, 2010, 10:00:01 PM
Have you ever wondered that this thread does not actually exist? Perhaps a group delusion? Evidence of a break down in the space- time continuum?
:?

Maybe its like that show "Lost". Its an alternative reality, or is it a Dream that we're all going to wake up from?

Quote from: dependan on September 19, 2010, 09:54:59 PM
Wow..... and we have accomplished what :whistling:

Absolutely nothing! Thats the beauty of a thread about nothing. It'll never disappoint, 'cos its really offering nothing......

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Thread Ender out.  :wink:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Haven't posted in this thread since it was in the late 40's or early 50's.  So here's my contribution ...

John
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/