Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: bearsville0 on August 24, 2010, 06:58:17 AM
This thread is like an old beloved hat that you threw in the closet and forgot about, but it's always there and every now and then you dig it out and put it on.

:bowdown:

Yup. Theres just something homely and familiar about the smell of mothballs......  :arrow

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Yuk mothballs...reminds me of my Grandmothers house when I was a kid... :wacko:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: bearsville0 on August 24, 2010, 06:58:17 AM
This thread is like an old beloved hat that you threw in the closet and forgot about, but it's always there and every now and then you dig it out and put it on.
YUP

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: dependan on August 24, 2010, 11:02:11 AM
                                                    YUP

Nice hat Danny. Is it true that every good Texan owns a hat like this?  :beer

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Not really.  

My G-son brought a hat over that I gave him last year for me to fix. Well I just gave him another newer one I had and gave one to his dad as well.

Even though I buy new ones all the time, this old hat is the one I like. It is covered with sweat stains now and quite beat up but it is my favorite.

Just to drive people to reread this thread last night I couldn't sleep so I read thru all 62 page's and there is some really good stuff.Made you laugh,made you say "HUH" and it even help me to finally go to sleep.Only problem is I ended up with 3 hours of sleep.Being in the fifth grade again su*ks.Also 6:30 in the morning comes early.Thank goodness someone discovered coffee all those years ago.Nothin lile Jamacian Blue mountain. :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on August 27, 2010, 09:38:16 AM
Just to drive people to reread this thread last night I couldn't sleep so I read thru all 62 page's and there is some really good stuff.Made you laugh,made you say "HUH" and it even help me to finally go to sleep.Only problem is I ended up with 3 hours of sleep.Being in the fifth grade again su*ks.Also 6:30 in the morning comes early.Thank goodness someone discovered coffee all those years ago.Nothin lile Jamacian Blue mountain. :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee

This thread must end!!!!!! 

I know, it won't end for some time, will it?

Quote from: Denis on August 27, 2010, 04:25:10 PM
This thread must end!!!!!! 

I know, it won't end for some time, will it?

No time soon anyway Denis. I think its taken on a life of its own....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H3dFh6GA-A

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

:donut

OK I've beenholding back but that pix is going to make me do it..........

Here goes.........

The long and winding road or its a long strange trip thread. :wave
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Just to drive people to reread this thread last night I couldn't sleep so I read thru all 62 page's and there is some really good stuff.Made you laugh,made you say "HUH" and it even help me to finally go to sleep.Only problem is I ended up with 3 hours of sleep.

I took your cue and just went through all 62 pages myself (it automatically logged me out midway) and I discovered that there isn't a single post in it by the creature!!!!!

I propose we roll this over into a covert "what are you currently reading?" thread.  :drool:
If it sounds good, it is good.

Quote from: unclrob on August 27, 2010, 10:40:33 PM
OK I've beenholding back but that pix is going to make me do it..........

Here goes.........

The long and winding road or its a long strange trip thread. :wave
How about "Isn't Life Strange" ?

Holy cr*p I thought I was having a flash back looking at that pix.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Have been absent for a bit .
GLAD to see this post by OBE-WAN still going strong.
"May the force be with us"
Gibson J-45 TV
Martin D-18
Martin OM-21

Whoa!  Days and DAYS have gone by since someone posted here.  I found this idling on page 2.  I had to fix the situation...and that's the final word.

Jamaican Blue Mountain is excellent java. We went there and stayed in a 5 star resort once a long time ago. They gave us some bags of Jamaican Blue Mountain and we found out that not all that is labeled "Jamaican Blue Mountain" really is.  If you look close on the label you find out it wasn't really harvested from that very small area in the mountains. It's just araciba (spelling) beans with a small amount of the blue mountain beans blended in.
     We couldn't find the real stuff back here in the states very easily so we found a great locally roasted coffee from Mexico called "Ruta Maya". We grind the beans and use filtered water to make a great pot every morning.

On the road (which I have been a lot lately) McDonalds has the best brew for my tastes. They use filtered water as well and some very nicely roasted coffee. They also provide real cream ( I support the American dairy farmer :tongue:)  
                         All for less than 50 cents plus tax. It's nice to be a senior sometimes. :donut :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :humour:

Quote from: ryler on September 05, 2010, 06:57:34 PM
Whoa!  Days and DAYS have gone by since someone posted here.  I found this idling on page 2.  I had to fix the situation...and that's the final word.

Dont let it worry you Ryler, its gone up to about 10 days I think without a post. Its just having a nap. Also Ive seen some threads on here reserected after 2 years or more! This threads goin' nowhere!

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Scott, I was playing some Martins today and checking out a few nice ones on Jim Holler's site. :whistling:

I'm sure this is already answered somewhere in the previous 62 pages, but what is the time frame for a thread to go unanswered after you post to be considered a "thread killer"?
1987 Takamine EN-10C
2008 Larrivee  LV-10
2010 Martin D35 Maury Muhlheison
2010 Martin D21- Special
2011 Martin HD-18V Custom
2012 Martin OMM John Renbourn