Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Its my little girls 2nd birthday tomorrow (22nd feb).
Some of you may remember the pic of the curly little blonde headed munchkin in the reflection on the back of my Martin. Hard to believe my little angel is 2 already!

Happy Birthday sweetheart!  :bgrin:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Before ya know it Scott, she will be 22 and competing with ya to play your guitars! Enjoy your time with your little angel while she is still little. Congrats!

Quote from: GA-ME on February 21, 2010, 07:31:44 AM
Before ya know it Scott, she will be 22 and competing with ya to play your guitars! Enjoy your time with your little angel while she is still little. Congrats!

Hey thanks GA-ME.

I actually bought her a pink "Dora The Explorer" Uke sized guitar today for her birthday, gotta start 'em young.  :wink:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on February 21, 2010, 07:36:42 AM
Hey thanks GA-ME.

I actually bought her a pink "Dora The Explorer" Uke sized guitar today for her birthday, gotta start 'em young.  :wink:

Cheers, Scott.

I got both my sons, 6 and 4 yrs old, a little $40 guitar for Xmas and they're sitting in the corner of the living room.  They pick them up and bang out tunes...and they ask me to sing I'd Rather Fly. 

Congrats Scott.  Kids are the greatest.

Quote from: obe-wan on February 20, 2010, 11:56:16 PM
Its my little girls 2nd birthday tomorrow (22nd feb).
Some of you may remember the pic of the curly little blonde headed munchkin in the reflection on the back of my Martin. Hard to believe my little angel is 2 already!

Happy Birthday sweetheart!  :bgrin:

Cheers, Scott.
My favorite age is around two. They are discovering life and are so much fun to watch. My twin daughters were 2 in 1991. And I found a very long video I had of them right before there 2cnd birthday. I really loved watching them at that age again. They will be 21 this summer. Both of them in relationships and college.
                                             But still "Daddy's little girls" :+1:

Yes Indeed!
I also have a two year old, and he is amazing.
All that hype about the "terrible twos" is over exaggerated.
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: pennerblue on February 28, 2010, 12:56:15 AM
Yes Indeed!
I also have a two year old, and he is amazing.
All that hype about the "terrible twos" is over exaggerated.

Hey Penner,

My little girl seems so far to be pretty much on the same plane she always has been behavior wise. My 4y.o. boy at 2 ?
I learnt that the phrase "terrible twos" is no urban myth. And them some.... :ohmy:

He's cool now though....most of the time!  :wink:
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Ending on a good note.....

new tuners for my F-III's 1st B-day

I modified Grover buttons to fit the shafts by building layers inside the socket and filing back down to size.
                             These are minis and are from the Grizzly catalog (Pings :blush:)

Danny,

You gotta show a couple pics of the rest of the guitar!

:nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 06, 2010, 03:40:23 PM
Danny,

You gotta show a couple pics of the rest of the guitar!

:nice guitar:
I took these late last night and they were not so great. I'll post some better ones when we get a sunny day.   The case that it is resting in is the five ply arch top Martin that fits it so well. The other is the Larrivee OM case that came with it.

Sorry Danny, cant let you be the thread ender pal. Nice try though... :wink: Subtle little post about some seemingly harmless tuners.... nice tuners at that....but Im onto ya !     :cop:

Cheers, The Thread Ender.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on March 21, 2010, 07:18:15 AM
Sorry Danny, cant let you be the thread ender pal. Nice try though... :wink: Subtle little post about some seemingly harmless tuners.... nice tuners at that....but Im onto ya !     :cop:

Cheers, The Thread Ender.
This is funny, I thought about this thread and wondered who had posted last because we had not seen it in a while. Then I thought "Well maybe it's time for it to be buried" so I didn't even check to see who posted last and let it go.
    But here it was ME that had truly ended it. :bgrin: Because you are the OP and just like the mods you don't count on this one  :ohmy:   sorry.

SO I WIN :arrow

...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

I've got a automatic program thingee that will make me the last.......
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

This'll do it - what button's will fit mini-pings ?  Since no-one really knows we're done.  :roll
L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)

Quote from: dependan on March 21, 2010, 10:23:19 AM
 Because you are the OP and just like the mods you don't count on this one  :ohmy:   sorry.

SO I WIN :arrow

No dice hombre. This threads still up and running!!! :bgrin:

As for me not being eligible for the thread ender title, I'll have to consult my friends the Mods on that one. I didnt see that in the forum rules...... :cop:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: WPete on March 21, 2010, 11:58:12 PM
This'll do it - what button's will fit mini-pings ?  Since no-one really knows we're done.  :roll

these fit a dream, ha ha http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMBER-GUITAR-MACHINES-TUNER-BUTTONS-SCHALLER-GOTOH-fs_W0QQitemZ370341872299QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item563a1882ab

loving the amber ones - they do ivoroid, koa, rosewood, pearl, tortoiseshell too, all beautifully crafted by hand.  They do them in full and mini size, both fit mini pings - I have the ivoroid ones on my F-III

Do I win?

:laughin:
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: WPete on March 21, 2010, 11:58:12 PM
Look at the picture of my guitar above. Those are mini pings with buttons I modified to fit.

Thanks for the button link - Amber looks nice - a bit pricey w/ the weak $ tho, - the pearl look good too but I'm probably not skilled enough to do super glue and jeweler files to make a custom fit. Waiting to see if Daysailer ever gets his backorder from FQMS - they are only $20 plus ship. Amber would sure look nice on the Hog IV - but as costly as tuners - bummer !
L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)