Pages: 1 ... 41 [42] 43 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a thread ender?  (Read 409784 times)
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: February 14, 2010, 01:48:03 AM »

I already won best dog in show today, so me.
Whats the first event that will be handing out medals in that other show goin on, in Vancouver, is it?

Real drag about the Georgian sledder that died yesterday. Not the good note we wanted to open with.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: February 14, 2010, 01:57:51 AM »

I already won best dog in show today, so me.
Whats the first event that will be handing out medals in that other show goin on, in Vancouver, is it?

What kind of dog Matt?
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: February 14, 2010, 02:00:52 AM »

A rare tihsllub breed.

Big Eric

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: February 14, 2010, 02:18:01 AM »

"Makes no difference if he is a hound, you better stop kickin' my dog around."
(And that makes 100)

Eric P.
------------------------
Larrivee L-01
Lind 00-21S
'30s Biltmore
a few others
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: February 14, 2010, 02:23:09 AM »

see...we Canadians would say...that makes a hockey stick and two doughnuts...preferably Tim Hortons eh.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: February 14, 2010, 04:25:08 AM »

Real drag about the Georgian sledder that died yesterday. Not the good note we wanted to open with.
                I couldn't get that out of my mind in the opening ceremonies and just turned off the TV after the first commercial break.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: February 18, 2010, 02:00:25 PM »

Maybe....................
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: February 18, 2010, 11:54:10 PM »

And ... maybe not ...

( )

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
2016 L-05 Custom
WPete

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: February 19, 2010, 05:11:09 PM »

Just hoping there'd be some news on the F-IV on this thread, no info anywhere else           

L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: February 19, 2010, 05:18:57 PM »

Beans and Greens drool

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: February 19, 2010, 05:22:13 PM »

Cornbread and hot molasses  drool

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: February 19, 2010, 05:25:57 PM »

Beans and Corn Bread I said!

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: February 19, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »

Beans and Corn Bread I said!
  I knows it. These are just some of my fav's.  Ham and Beans

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: February 19, 2010, 11:13:28 PM »

Perhaps?
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: February 20, 2010, 09:26:11 AM »

I knows it. These are just some of my fav's.  Ham and Beans
Well may as well throw the rest in then.

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings.........................

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: February 20, 2010, 10:35:08 AM »

Nope, not yet...............
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: February 20, 2010, 11:45:22 AM »

Awww, what the hell............
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: February 20, 2010, 01:23:18 PM »

Awww, what the hell............
  Heh, welcome to "da club" Now TtP will send you the secret code and next time I see you I'll show you the secret handshake.

Your posts may not have always been pleasant, but they have always been interesting I'm sure glad you came back and started posting again. (you remember when) I think that was a very good thing for us all in the end. I was happy to see the forum respond to you in such an overwhelmingly positive manner and of course that was a direct result of your own choice to not leave things as they were. But rather to step up and make amends (so to speak).
   I know to that point you were just so many words on a screen in hyperspace to me. But then I began to see a real person behind the keyboard. Willing to be vulnerable. That endeared you to me and probably others as well.
   Then of course I got to meet you and saw an energetic overcoming person that made it through adversity that most would have kowtowed to and imploded. Instead you put your energy into your music and allowed God to have a way in you.
                                            I know, "sappy Danny" but heh you reach a "grand" +1

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: February 20, 2010, 09:45:45 PM »

Thanks, Dan! I just returned from a six hour roundtrip drive and my spine is killing me. I decided I wanted to put a slot head neck on the Claro Walnut/Adi L00 body I built. So, We drove up to Blues Creek to get a neck and a few other things. John gave me a nice price on a short scale, Spanish Cedar, slothead, neck.  I also took the crapwood fingerboard that was on that old '34 National Trojan up to John. He is going to make me a fingerboard, in ebony, to match the profile of the dyed pearwood that was on that guitar. It was way to mucked up to reuse by whomever took the neck off originally. A friend of mine gave me that guitar in peices with the finish stripped and some kind of muck on it that has to be removed. It had new National tuners, a new cone, and a new biscut, with it.

The sad thing was the day started of really lousy and I got a good lesson in paying attention to guitar bodies strung up or not. I had placed the L00 body in a closet back at the start of January as Melissa's parents were sharing our little apartment with us, for her graduation week. With her home all the time now, I haven't had a chance to work on the guitar. Well, Melissa pulled it out of the closet this morning before we left for Pa. and she was like "hey what's this on the back?" I looked and dang it if I didn't have two nice cracks along the figuring in the Walnut. I guess I'll be hydrating it up and  then gluing them up with hide glue to get it as invisable as possible. I think I didn't control the humidity well enough when I glued the body up. The weather was rainy weather when I put it together and was probably close to 60% humidity when I buttoned up the box. At anyrate, it was enough of a change in ranges to cause two cracks.

Dang that highly figured stuff. It's so pretty to look at but it is full of pitfalls. Well, at least I got the materials to finish a couple of little projects and when John mails me the National fingerboard I'll put that back together. I'm giving it to my tenor guitar player Craig. He is a monster 6 string picker and pretty decent decent slide player. The '34 Trojan will make a nice big brother to that 30ish Slingerland Archtop Tenor I redid for him last April.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: February 21, 2010, 12:15:58 AM »

I have my own refinish/rebuild stories but I'm gonna start a new thread on one with a few pics to get it going.
 Basically it is the Custom Maple/Hog top that I have been working on for quite a while. Anyway it appears to be Maple Koa Top. I just stuck the new bridge on temporarily with 2 bolts and strung up 4 strings. I made a plastic nut and saddle real quick and stuck the tuners on and wound up the strings.
                When I plucked the low E, WOW and then I checked the intonation and it was very close. The same on all four. I'll adjust it all out with a bone nut and saddle.
                Well I'll stop here and post that new thread. Man am I happy.  nice guitar

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Pages: 1 ... 41 [42] 43 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: