Pages: 1 ... 37 [38] 39 ... 223   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a thread ender?  (Read 452098 times)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: January 04, 2010, 06:05:26 PM »

Happy birthday to me (today) - turning over the odometer at 52. (My RS-4 was a combined Christmas/b-day present to myself!)

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: January 04, 2010, 06:07:48 PM »

Happy birthday Mikey.  Anybody have a cake?

If not have a 

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: January 04, 2010, 06:18:21 PM »

I'll have a piece of chocolate cake, with chocolate frosting - or one of these:

[attachment deleted by admin]

1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: January 04, 2010, 06:23:28 PM »

Happy happy day.Myself chocolet frosting with yellow cake,,, drool yum yum!!!!!

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #744 on: January 04, 2010, 09:33:39 PM »

Happy birthday to me (today) - turning over the odometer at 52. (My RS-4 was a combined Christmas/b-day present to myself!)

Happy Birthday Mikeymac.    Enjoy.    52 doesn't seem so bad when you are staring down the barrel of #60.   whistling
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: January 04, 2010, 10:26:48 PM »

Happy Birthday Mikeymac.    Enjoy.    52 doesn't seem so bad when you are staring down the barrel of #60.   whistling

Yeah, well...43`s not exactly old yet but when I see 23 yr olds...I keep thinking that was yesterday...wasn't it? 

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: January 04, 2010, 10:30:51 PM »

Yeah...have to keep it all in perspective...I'm much better off physically than a lot of guys 10-15 years my junior...must be that clean livin'!  rolleye

Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: January 04, 2010, 10:34:50 PM »

My next door neighbor will turn 100 in July and he still grows a big veg garden every year and shovels his own snow, he'll probably attend my funeral.  He never smoked or drank and he only eats at mealtime.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #748 on: January 04, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »

You sure were sweet to yourself. Sooooo what occasion you gonna use for the P90 now that you see just how fine this instrument is?? Enjoy your day.  

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: January 05, 2010, 01:17:18 AM »

Yeah, well...43`s not exactly old yet but when I see 23 yr olds...I keep thinking that was yesterday...wasn't it? 

Yesterday? I'm 52 and 23 seems like this afternoon.

Happy Birthday Mickeymac, what took you so long?

If it sounds good, it is good.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: January 05, 2010, 02:46:06 AM »

This thread has as many pages as the F-IV thread. And I'm 57 years old. You add those two together and what do you have?

I don't know either.
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: January 05, 2010, 03:11:57 AM »

An old man who thinks too much.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: January 05, 2010, 03:14:27 AM »

An old man who thinks too much.

Heh , Matt...                  Shut up , yard monkee
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: January 05, 2010, 03:18:53 AM »

I think you asked for that one!

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: January 05, 2010, 03:24:31 AM »

I think you asked for that one!
  OK let's get some serious mileage outta this vanity thread.

So how is that Gallagher?  I bet you play it more than all your other gits. Am I right?
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: January 05, 2010, 05:46:27 PM »

Oh you cut to the quick. But good and timely question. 1st off if I had to only keep one, it would be the L-10. Also I want to be clear. though yes I've complained about Larrivee's cust service and some quality issues, like factory fret settings, my love of that guitar is wide and deep. It's unconditional on both a practical level, like sound, playability, versitility, to appearance, to personal and emotional and a chest that contains my history, good and bad. Not unconditional because I would love it in spite of problems but unconditional because it has no conditions to not  like!                     
    I think the L-body and symetrical bracing design was one of the great innovations in acoustic guitar building. It is so responsive, which to me means this. Depending on how you play it, it gives different sounds. It can be soft or it can be a stinging blues machine depending on where and how you strike it with right hand and how much you dig in with left hand.
 So why did I even want another guitar? Well I didn't for over 25 years. But I've got a bluegrass vien that runs pretty deep mixed in with all my other loves. Without disecting it as much as I could, here's one of the main things. This isn't going to be a perfect discription but maybe you'll get the idea. First, the easy one. The Gallagher is louder for rythm.  The L-10 isn't quet, but the G-50 is loud. The L-10, particularly on the bass strings, is more articulate, and I guess you could say brighter. If I'm pounding out bluegrass rythm. or even softer country, when I do my bass runs they stand out clear. That could be a good thing but what I'm looking for in that situation is more like laying a warm blanket under the lead instruments and singer(s). Not to stand out. It's like you don't miss it til it's gone. It smoothly ties everything together. You can still push and pull the feel of song, but it's not in your face. The different kind of bassiness smooths it out. Plus it just has that country or Bluegrass sound.
  So 2 instruments, 2 functions. The L-10 is more versitile.
Which one do I play more? I have been playing the Gallagher a good amount but that's for a couple reasons. I'm playing country rock type of stuff a lot with lady, so it fits pretty good plus she not that good of a guitar player and the Gallagher does that smoothing out thing well. Also I've been making a point of really learning the instrument and what it can do. And L-10 was gone since thanksgiving. HOWEVER For the last 6 days I've played only L-10!  I can hardly discribe what it's like now. Mark is very, very good with frets, saddles, nut. I told him to go all out. It has stainless steel frets. He spent 3 days on guitar. That included putting in new I beam and rearranging configuration. (it has an under saddle too) But basically 2 days on doing a set-up by someone who's very good at it! It's like a new guitar. I'm not kidding. I started playing it differently as soon as I picked it up. The bass notes play so easily I started making chords up the neck on bass strings, that I'd never made before. It just gravitated me towards that. And they don't buzz either but they are at that perfect point where you can get a slappy sound out of them if you want. Also sanded on the fret board, made new saddle with each string smoothly compensated. Tweaked the nut. He really out did himself. The L-10 is also a shinging example of Larrivee's dovetail joints. 30 years old, no adjustable truss rod. Neck is straight, action low and plenty of saddle!  So I'll be playing the L-10 more for a while for sure.
  The 000-60 is wonderful for bare finger pickin, but it's been getting the least playing lately because of what I've been playing.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: January 05, 2010, 07:30:56 PM »

nice guitar'S and a nice read. Thanks Matt.
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: January 07, 2010, 10:03:55 AM »

hey...I bought an i- Mac. So to all the virus writers out there...and youse know who you are.....f&%$ yourselves....and I mean that in the nicest possible way.
bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: January 07, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »

hey...I bought an i- Mac. So to all the virus writers out there...and youse know who you are.....f&%$ yourselves....and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

+1

I have always had macs and no virus problems but I'll be getting a PC soon just because the software I use at a job I have is not available for macs   mad

If it sounds good, it is good.

Johnny M
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: January 13, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »

almost a week without a post in here ... I think the thread is starting to gasp ...

...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 ... 37 [38] 39 ... 223   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: