Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: sneaky on December 14, 2009, 07:27:50 PM
Jumping off second story balconies into the drifts was though.

Yep, I used to do that as a kid in the eastern townships of Quebec, where my grandparents lived, Montreal and Toronto.

It sounds like Danny's childhood memories are what I'm living now ... (except the yellow snow and outhouse  :winkin: )  We live on a rural island.  Lumberjack ... I was out in the bush Sunday bucking logs, but I wouldn't call myself a lumberjack ... kind of a jack of all trades these days.  I like the simple life rural living offers.

Snowed Monday night, cancelled the school buses yesterday and now all the snow is gone.  It's supposed to rain most of the week and then be nice next week here.  I hope Jeff (ES-335) is OK coming west from Winnipeg.  I think he was leaving on the 14th of December, so I hope it's now snowing too much in the mountains.

...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

Well Canada's capital region is closing in on 20 inches of snow since Dec 1.  On the QC side of the river, snow tires are the law...for residents only of course.  I've got mine!

Quote from: Johnny M on December 16, 2009, 07:50:53 PM
Yep, I used to do that as a kid in the eastern townships of Quebec, where my grandparents lived, Montreal and Toronto.

I was born in Sherbrooke, earliest memories are of living in Richmond, then we moved to Laprarie where we did the jumping...fun days eh. One place we lived in had a really big driveway and we used to tunnel under the snow after the tractor came and cleard it to one side.

Just for the record. I also lived in an area of Michigan that was close to the Canadian border.
Part of Canada was south of us and part was east. Of course most was NORTH. At any rate we had some cold winters and enough snow in one season to last a lifetime. Some was lake effect snow and it would pile up. 
   The deep snow was my favorite, because it made the world quiet and at least it looked clean for a few days.

question...when you turn your hot water faucet...how long does it take before you get hot water?

Brian Trepanier is a thread ender! 
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

My wife an I live for Chinooks..  Bring em on :nanadance
"If at 1st you don't succeed, sky-diving is NOT for you"

guess I`m the only member with indoor plumbing?

Sorry about that sneaky I was shovelling a path through the snow to the outhouse.  :nanadance
"If at 1st you don't succeed, sky-diving is NOT for you"

Quote from: sneaky on December 19, 2009, 08:15:02 PM
guess I`m the only member with indoor plumbing?
I now live in a home with three full bathrooms. One has a very large sunken jacuzzi as well as a shower.
               (No out house around here)

Anybody see the Toronto Maple Leafs 2-0 win over Boston tonight? :cheers :nanadance
Gibson J-45 TV
Martin D-18
Martin OM-21

Quote from: L05HD28 on December 19, 2009, 09:12:32 PM
Anybody see the Toronto Maple Leafs 2-0 win over Boston tonight? :cheers :nanadance

Nope but I just read that the Habs beat the Islanders 3-0 and that Markov, who's back after getting injured in the first game of the season, scored 2 of the three... :nanadance

not yet............................

How about midnite December 31st?

wait...I think...no, maybe not.

Quote from: sneaky on December 16, 2009, 09:57:30 PM
I was born in Sherbrooke, earliest memories are of living in Richmond, then we moved to Laprarie where we did the jumping...fun days eh. One place we lived in had a really big driveway and we used to tunnel under the snow after the tractor came and cleard it to one side.

How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now.  A letter of marque came from the king to the--- oh, sorry, didn't mean to interupt.   :humour:
'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos