Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my favourite too, hence the new signature!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: dependan on December 06, 2009, 08:53:35 PM
  Made my best batch of chocolate Tapioca pudding ever today. Added more tapioca and chocolate and less milk than the recipe calls for. Turned out rich and creamy. :+1:

Tapioca...I'm not a fan, but it reminded me of Blanche Gundersen and her award winning tapioca in the movie "New In Town." Cute show, albiet a "chick flick."
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: unclrob on December 06, 2009, 10:00:40 PM
I just wanna say that those above post gave me a really good :laughin: thanks.

Danny you've got to post that recipe,all I have in the house is some yogut....

OK this is the instant easy kind.

Buy some Instant Tapioca pearls. (Kraft just says "Minute Tapioca")

1/3 cup of sugar
3 heaping tbsp. Tapioca
2 3/4 cup milk (whole milk is best)
1 egg well beaten (with a mixer)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 squares Bakers Chocolate (semi sweet)

MIX: sugar,tapioca,milk and egg in a sauce pan. Let it sit 5-10 minutes
    Add in your chocolate squares
    COOK: on medium heat ''stirring constantly" until it boils even when you are still stirring it.

Remove from the heat ; Stir in the vanilla

I transfer mine to a clear glass bowl at this point and let it cool for at least 20 minutes.
      It will thicken as it cools. Have some warm and put it in the fridge too cool for later.

*If you want it sweeter add more sugar from the start. I prefer less sugar myself, but I like dark chocolate.
                    If you mess up just try again, once you get it down it's a quick and easy treat to make. You can make it just vanilla or add fruit or rice.  

[attachment deleted by admin]

This is really getting funny - tapioca recipes!!!

BTW, no offense, Danny!

:humour:

None taken. I'll even share my secret french toast recipe if your nice.

Danny thanks I've asked the wife to print it at work.Yes once again this thread has strayed to a new path.Its like getting really really drunk,then you try to walk a straight line and all you do is stumble and fall into an ally. :cheers

Kinda fun. :thumb
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: dependan on December 07, 2009, 09:06:54 PM

And I'll share my chocolate chip cookie recipe (just made some tonight - yum!).   :drool:

(The secret is REAL BUTTER...)  :rolleye:

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 08, 2009, 12:16:14 AM
And I'll share my chocolate chip cookie recipe (just made some tonight - yum!).   :drool:

(The secret is REAL BUTTER...)  :rolleye:
:gotpics:

Quote from: dependan on December 07, 2009, 09:06:54 PM

Danny, then I'll post my recipe for "American" Toast.

Quote from: unclrob on December 07, 2009, 10:42:22 PM

Its like getting really really drunk, then you try to walk a straight line and all you do is stumble and fall into an alley.

...and then the pudding, er, plot, thickens..... :ohmy:
If it sounds good, it is good.

The key to great French or American toast for that matter is the vanilla extract. You need to make your own extract with a quality bourbon like Makers Mark or Jacobs Well and several nice beans split down the middle. Let them soak for a few months and blammo, the secret ingredient for white cakes, sugar cookies and  egg laden old bread!

We have this on hand at all times

Quote from: bearsville0 on December 08, 2009, 09:33:33 AM
We have this on hand at all times

I prefer to make me own in most cases! It sure can make certain recipes though.............

GA-ME hat's off to you for making your own, I bet it's real good too.

Quote from: bearsville0 on December 08, 2009, 09:52:31 AM
GA-ME hat's off to you for making your own, I bet it's real good too.

Bearsville it's really easy. Just get some beans and split them lengthwise and drop six or eight into a quart of good bourbon and sit it in the dark corner of a cabinet for a few months and it is pretty tasty. Unfortunately, the economy has claimed my local supplier for the beans, so when this last quart I made is getting close to empty, I'll be scrambling to source the beans again. Pretty much sucks since the old shop was just a few blocks from my flat.

edit, Bearsville where do you find the brand you posted?

That brand of extract is available at the local supermarkets and health food stores. Never had a problem finding it.

I'm gonna try to make my own now that you've inspired me. I'm pretty sure the health food store would carriy the beans. Are they a seasonal thing?

edit, I just looked at the bottle in the cupboard and it was $5.99. The picture is actual size, 8 fluid ounces. Not only that but there were a couple of vial of the actual bean. My wife snuck them in, she said she uses them in creme brulee. Yummee.

Quote from: bearsville0 on December 08, 2009, 10:02:06 AM
That brand of extract is available at the local supermarkets and health food stores. Never had a problem finding it.

I'm gonna try to make my own now that you've inspired me. I'm pretty sure the health food store would carriy the beans. Are they a seasonal thing?

Hey, thanks! I never thought of trying the local health-food co-ops and such! Nah, they are not seasonal as the beans are dried in the casings. They are all shriveled up and oily and smell so dang good it makes ya want to eat the car seats on the way home with them!

ps we make up little 2 ounce or so bottles and decorate the bottles with little bows and flowers and printed labels with our trail names on the bottle. We call it Yo-YO and Zero's secret extract and then give them out as little homemade gifts with a recipe included. We haven't yet had a person that received a bottle not ask for the procedure to make it themselves. Most folks can't eat a sugar cookie without it after they try it!

We get some really good vanilla from Mexico at times. And our oldest daughter makes a fantastic cheesecake where she uses the fresh scrapings out of vanilla beans. I don't know exactly how she does it, I'm just glad she does.

I think we can all agree, vanilla is one of the most intoxicating aromas know to humanity. :bowdown: