OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Sorry guys, I haven't been following this thread...are happy now Scott?  You started the thread that never ends...

That's right. If you ever feel unloved in larrivee land, post on this thread and be assured of a response.

Scott, this thread will eternally bring joy to the unhappy and paranoid. You must feel proud!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on September 29, 2009, 04:42:45 PM
That's right. If you ever feel unloved in larrivee land, post on this thread and be assured of a response.

Scott, this thread will eternally bring joy to the unhappy and paranoid. You must feel proud!

Quote from: Denis on September 29, 2009, 04:24:18 PM
Sorry guys, I haven't been following this thread...are happy now Scott?  You started the thread that never ends...

I do what I can fellas.

Quote from: pennerblue on September 29, 2009, 12:22:18 AM
I can't kill this thread but I did kill a turkey this weekend.  Anyone else hunting these days?

Hey Penner, I used to be an avid hunter, but then the kids came along, time, money, yadadada. Anyway Im in the process of getting my shooters licence again. One thing that saddened me yesterday was when I walked into a gun shop and asked why they didnt have any Winchesters on the wall, and was told that Winchester had actually gone out of business!

Hearing this iconic company had gone under was like hearing Gibson, Fender or Martin had gone. Unbelievable.

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.
Achillies 5F2A Princeton.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: unclrob on September 29, 2009, 11:57:17 AM
29 to tie and 30 to beat.

To beat what Unclrob?

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on September 29, 2009, 05:32:39 PM

To beat what Unclrob?

Cheers, Scott.
To beat the posts and pages on the "book" thread.

BUT.... actually we broke all records with the F-III threads.   

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=24009.msg222167#msg222167

"Forum Guitar discussion" was 119 pages and 2,377 posts when Randy locked it. And it was started from another thread. And there was a thread that continued after it was locked. (several) We almost had a civil war over the posts. (Oh well... It was fun if you got involved)

So this thread has 113 pages and a few thousand post to go to beat that one.

Quote from: obe-wan on September 29, 2009, 05:26:42 PM

Winchester.

Hearing this iconic company had gone under was like hearing Gibson, Fender or Martin had gone. Unbelievable.

Hooray!

One down, er five, six , to go?

:tongue:
If it sounds good, it is good.

Quote from: dependan on September 29, 2009, 05:43:41 PM

So this thread has 113 pages and a few thousand post to go to beat that one.

nae bother!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

We'll "Git 'r done" Most people talk about nothing all day, we only have to do it for another 119 pages or so.  We'll put all the fluff in this thread and all the other threads will be filled with wisdom ...
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

Also ... I joined the forum on October 12, 2004, so it would be nice to have 1,000 posts by the time I get to the 5 year mark. :winkin:

You don't actually want to know how many days I've been logged into this forum ....

Quote from: Johnny M on September 29, 2009, 06:30:40 PM
Also ... I joined the forum on October 12, 2004, so it would be nice to have 1,000 posts by the time I get to the 5 year mark. :winkin:

You don't actually want to know how many days I've been logged into this forum ....
I'll take a wild guess...15 days, 15 hours and 14 minutes.

(I think I'm coming up on 44 days :blush:)

Quote from: bearsville0 on September 29, 2009, 05:46:27 PM
Hooray!

One down, er five, six , to go?

:tongue:

plus several dozen of the Chinese and Mexican based manufacturers that have sprung up to take Winchesters place.  :rolleye:

The same thing that is happening with guitars is happening in most industries is my point.

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: dependan on September 29, 2009, 07:02:53 PM
                    I'll take a wild guess...15 days, 15 hours and 14 minutes.

(I think I'm coming up on 44 days :blush:)

Stats are a wonderful thing, but dude, that's a month and a half in just over a year and a half!  You're the man!!!  :cheers

Since I do end threads, I'm doing my best to do so!
:roll
Dave
'12 L-03RW Italian Spruce (Wildwood)

I am...the killer of threads. Why...got one thats buggun` ya?

:roll
  :beer
Dave
'12 L-03RW Italian Spruce (Wildwood)

Quote from: obe-wan on September 29, 2009, 05:26:42 PM
One thing that saddened me yesterday was when I walked into a gun shop and asked why they didnt have any Winchesters on the wall, and was told that Winchester had actually gone out of business!

I shot that turkey with a Winchester!  I hadn't even heard the news.  Turns out Winchester was Belgian owned anyway.  Kinda like most major US beers being owned by non-US companies.  They keep the name and it fools almost everyone...can you say "Globalization"?
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

"You can never go home anymore"

Quote from: pennerblue on September 30, 2009, 01:05:13 AM
Turns out Winchester was Belgian owned anyway. 

OK, after a bit of an internet seach it appears that the info I got wasnt exactly accurate. Winchester is still operating, although they list 'American" models, and others, so Im tipping the others are not US made. The gun shop owner said that they were getting some models made in the Browning factory, so they may well be the "American" series. The Browning connection seems right though, Browning is also Belgian owned.

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.