Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1977 P-11 Acoustic Value Help  (Read 79 times)
johneaton

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2018, 07:28:45 PM »

I have a guitar that was purchased by Robert Paul Garritano (guitar player for Fabian) who was recently deceased.

Built in 1977, they didn't put numbers until after 1977 but Larrivee Guitars Service told me Fundamentally it is an L-09 however back then it would have been an L-11. It's in good condition with a few minor scratches.

I was wondering if anyone could give me an ideal of the approximate value. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm working with his estate and appraising all of his guitars. Pictures attached, let me know if you need any other info.

Thank you in advance! John

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:34:49 PM »

It would depend on if it needs any work done to it - at this age they sometimes need a neck reset. But if the action is okay (and the saddle isn't shaved down too close to the bridge), I'd say it would be worth around $1,500 - $2,200. I know that's a wide range, but it really depends on finding a buyer who would really want one of these. The economy is getting better, so prices may be inching up a little on non-necessities like guitars, etc.

I'm sure some others here will chime in with an opinion/guessstimate as well.

Best of luck - looks like a wonderful instrument (I have a '79 that sounds incredible)! Would love to see some pictures of the back wood.

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 10:31:12 PM »

I'll tell you .... it's worth a lot more than you'll get for it. If you're selling it, Mike is probably pretty close to what it will bring. I'd keep it. By the way, from what I can see, it's basically an L-09 except it has tuners that would be typically found on a '77 L-11. However, again typically, it seems to me that an L-11 would have fancier inlay. Wonderful guitars! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: