OM3RE is Here.

Started by bignote, September 19, 2009, 07:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well folks, my OM3RE arrived yesterday just in time to make it to a poolside gig at a local resort.  I have to say that once again Jean and crew never fail to impress.      I really this is a dread in a smaller box.  The sound is evenly balance with great bass and trebles that kind "bloom" when you dig in.  THe fit and finish are perfect.  I have never seen so much attention to detail on a guitar in this price range.  THe L.R. Baggs electronics functioned very well.  The eq offers plenty of range and the notch filter works extremely well if the soundman isn't doing his job.  I feel like this one will be with me for a long time to come.  Doughnuts for all and pictures to follow. :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut2
It only hurts when your not in tune!

Congratulations; hope you have many years of enjoyment. I'd be scared to take a larrivee to a pool. Keep it away from the water, please!

Why? They float -

:humour:

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

No worries, we play away and above the pool and usually nobody is in the pool at that time of evening.  THe guitar is great, I can't stop playing it.   :beer
It only hurts when your not in tune!

Thanks for the donuts and  :welcome:

That's a great instrument you have.   :thumb  I unfortunately sold one about a year ago and knew it was a mistake at the time.

Watch out playing that bad boy around the pool for bug spray on the finish!  Bad news for sure.

Play in good health and again welcome to the forum.

:nanadance
Larrivee 000-60
Martin 000-28 VS
Guild Mark II
Alvarez Yairi CY 127 CE
Alvarez Yairi CY 140 CE
Two cats who like my playing

Mmmm, I'm grabbing the cinnamon to go with my French Vanilla and soy.  :donut :coffee

If you think its great now, record it for posterity, wait a couple of years and then record it again! Not only do they sound good when new, but they grow to be much more and are a great platform for upgrades! :nice guitar:

Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

Quote from: tadol on September 20, 2009, 09:46:11 PM
Why? They float -

:humour:

Tad

I had an older Takamine......that survived a swim across a small lake! .....  Don't ask!

A Friend of mine still owns it and plays it regularly!

There is something to be said about a good ole thick coat of varnish!!!!

Bubble maker

That's a real nice guitar, congratulations.
:cheers
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte