Forum Guitar Discussion

Started by mnewton, September 24, 2004, 10:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bump!  
Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

I just got back in from a trip to Chicago.  And I am leaving in the morning out to Anaheim, so I have not talked much with Jason.  

I will talk with him and get an update soon.

You were here, and didn't stop by to say Hi?!  :(  

QuoteYou were here, and didn't stop by to say Hi?!  :(
I will be back at the end of the month or first of next month.

I had talked with you last Friday about coming up and looking at a SD-60, but I got called out to the refinery before I could get up there.

When I come back, I will try to get up there.

Hello everyone, I am still trying to come up with something unique, and affordable.  I don't think many people were too excited about an L-03R, so I think we should go back to the drawing board.  I am working with Corey to brainstorm and hopefully do something more appropriate for the forum.  I know it is slow, but hopefully in the end it will be more than worth the effort.  Thanks!  Jason
http://www.notableguitars.com
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

doublepost
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Jason, Mike

There seems to be considerable interest in a 12 fret OM03.

my 2cents.

It could be  built with a double G string and called the LarriByrd  :lol:  
Randy R., Georgia, USA

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay in getting new info.  Things are very busy at Larrivee, but I now have some news, which I think is very good!  We can get a special order of OM-03 guitars in a 12 fret configuration.  We need to have at least 12 orders to start a batch, but they can be a mix of mahogany or rosewood.  I will post some specs below, so you can get an idea of what the options are.  Thanks, and let us know what you think.  Jason

OM-03 Mahogany 12 Fret:$973.50 **
OM-03 Rosewood 12 Fret:$1161.75 **

**MAP PRICE**  Forum member cost will be different, call or email for forum discounts!  Sorry, but have to adhere to MAP pricing policy :)

Options: 12th Fret Inlay - Cost will vary depending on size and complexity.  Average cost is between $100 and $200.

Unique numbered label, and signed certificate: No Charge

Deluxe Case in place of Standard:  $79

New Style Pickguard and Ebony Buttons: $100

Please give your thoughts and preferences, if we get enough interest and can get 12 orders soon we may be able to have these done by Christmas.  Thanks again!  :)   Jason
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

Now thats a guitar to go with,though I would prefer maple you can put me down for a mahogany.Let me know how much I need to send you.
On the 12th fret I think it should say Forum,and on the label it should have ZACK'S Larrivee Forum and the Date. :D  
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

You know, the Mahagony might be a really nice Christmas gift. Ditto what Unclrob said about $$.

Thanks!
Dave

Martin JC-16WE
Larrivee OM-03D
Walden C2010
Taylor GS-Mini Hog

QuoteOn the 12th fret I think it should say Forum,and on the label it should have ZACK'S Larrivee Forum and the Date. :D
Thanks for the kind thoughts Rob, but this forum is definitely not mine.  I may run it, but without you guys it would just be me talking to myself (which has been known to happen).  The great members of this forum are what make it worth visiting.

I'm also pretty sure that nobody, myself included, wants a guitar with my name on it.  :D  

Zach

OK Zack.Then how about a cartoon pix of Jean and Matthew on the labal. :)  
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Hi guys, I think we could get Zach's face done in a sunburst finish on the top if we want!  I know for sure nobody would want my face, unless you want to ensure it never gets stolen!  I asked about the availability of flame maple, but right now they can't guarantee they would have any available for the 03 series in time for a Chrismas delivery.  As for payment, I think probably a $300 to $400 deposit, and then balance due upon completion should get it done.  I think it will be very cool, especially since it isn't something you can just buy on a regular basis.  The L-03R is a great guitar, but not unique or different enough to be a fitting first guitar for the forum.  If we get a good response in the next few days I'll get the order started, and add to it as we need to.  Thanks for the replys, hopefully we'll get a good response to this idea.  Jason    
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

What about having Jeans and Matthews cartoon faces on the lable?
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Put me down for a mahogany. I'll want the 12th fret inlay.

I think that the 12th fret inlay should be mandatory for this order, not an option.

I suggest that the word "FORUM" be the inlay. Either block letters or stylized would be ok. If it would save money, I recall seeing a script JL inlaid on some Larrivee's, that would be nice instead.

No other upgrades. Let me know where and how to send the deposit.

Thanks
Randy R., Georgia, USA

I may have mis-stated the options in the above post.  We will need to have agreement on most of the options before we order.  It would be a case of all having the inlay, or none.  The case we can do after the fact for whoever wants it, and possibly the buttons and pickguard.  The major items like inlays will have to be the same for all of the guitars.   Thanks again, sorry if I didn't make that more clear before.  Jason
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

I'm against inlay myself. If the majority decided we have to have an inlay, some sort of stylish glyph would be my choice. I really dislike words of any kind on a fretboard...

Cool it seems a 12 fret OM is the guitar.How about we mail the inlay ideas to some one who can post them we vote.I wouldn't mind if we came up with a figure that includes the case.
Now back to the cartoon pix of Jean and Matthew on the Label????? :D  
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I think that images of Jean and Matthew would be great.  The Larrivee family puts so much of themselves into their guitars that it would be appropriate to have their pictures in there.  I don't know if it is possible, but I like the idea.  As for inlays, I am not the most creative person, but something simple would appeal to me.  Maybe something like:

1. LGF
2. Diagonal stripe in abalone
3. Maple leaf/Star combo to reflect Canadian/USA heritage

Just a few quick ideas, not necessarily good ones.  Like I said before, I'm no designer.  Please come up with other good ideas to make up for my questionable ones! :P   Jason
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT