Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D-03  (Read 627 times)
leftync

Ignore
« on: August 31, 2009, 08:25:19 PM »

Someone just scored a lefty D-03 on the bay for $455. I consider that a really good deal. I was tempted to bid, since I could have driven to pick it up in less than an hour. But I just bought a Larrive parlor so I'm a bit tapped, and I've got a good Larrivee dread. My backup is a hog dread, a Seagull. Not as good a guitar as the D-03, but the neck fits me better. The 1 11/16" nut is the reason I sold my D-03R, which I like better than the D-03. But at under $500, the D-03 is a really, really good purchase. Hope it went to a forum member.
Richard III

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:29:16 PM »

Hope you don't mind me crowing a little. I've been coveting an OM Larrivee for a while. Todayfor $910 I copped an OM-05 Sunburst top that looked cherry on ebay . I am as excited as I was when I ordered my first Martin back in college.  Of course, my worst fear is that bad boy will have something wrong with it.  Oh well, caveat emptor--that's why god made luthiers. 
SMixon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »

I've been thinking of selling My Martin and going on and Buying a Larrive on Ebay, but for the prices some of them are going for I may just save a few hundred on the side(to keep the wife happy bigrin) and start bidding or see what is up for sale here. 

Mix

Taylor 512
Fender 2013 American Standard Telecaster
Vintage Gibson J-45
Therdrail Amp
Carvin Nomad Amp
LR Baggs
Pedals and What Not
Richard III

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 06:52:25 PM »

Re buying on ebay, I monitored sales for about 6 months b4 buying. I kept track, on their site, of all the OMs and Ls that were listed in excellent or fine condition. I had the parameters down so that when a deal came along I was ready to act.  I think the downturn in the economy (downturn--what a misnomer) has unfortunately put some people in the position of having to sell their guitars.  I say this because pxs turned way down through July & August.  Good hunting!
Richard
gitnoob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »

There have been some interesting deals.   I was offered a nice OM-09 for $700, but I didn't need another OM.

And then there was the Brazilian OM-72 (late 90's presentation model) that went for $900....

Gits: 2004 P-01K, 2005 OM-03MT
Uke: Kala KA-ASKS with Larrivee Flamed Koa
Chops: fingerstyle noob
leftync

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 10:10:29 PM »

I'm feeling a  bit better about spending $500 on a few years old parlor. No idea what it cost new, probably about $800 or $900, which is what the 03s seem to cost today. No corners cut on the earlier models, although I'm sure the new ones are really nice. I watched a P-09 sold for about $250 more, but when you factor in rosewood, a nice pickguard, finish and hard case, not so bad. But having missed that, I was ready to jump on this one. Starting to really enjoy that twangy sound, although it will never replace the D-50 as #1.
DaveyO
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:38:39 PM »

I just bought a D03 myself, I now am looking for a used d03r ,
I hate to wait.
the Do3 is so fantastic, just about perfect for me(that was a good deal on ebay)
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: