Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing the b-band  (Read 474 times)
Larry V.

Ignore
« on: August 28, 2009, 02:39:19 PM »

I have an OMV03-RE that I really like.  The original b-band a5, however, is giving me fits, and I am at the point where I need to replace it.  Do any of you have any recommendations?    I play at church a few times a week, always plugged in.  A guy who plays with me has a D10 with a Fishman matrix natural II, and it sounds fantastic through our setup.  I used to use a D03R with a k&k mini before I got the om, and I wasn't as thrilled with the way that performed.  I didn't use a preamp, which may have been part of the problem.  But my question is:  What do you suggest to replace the b-band? 

Larrivee DV10-E
Larrivee OMV03-RE
Larrivee D03-12
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:47:23 PM »

Baggs make's a barndoor unit that with a little adjustment to the opening will work just fine.I've replaced several BBands with it.Also there is a warranty on your BBand that my still be play.Contact a the Larrivee dealer you got the guitar from and see if they can help.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Larry V.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 05:09:44 PM »

Thanks - I saw the imix onboard earlier today when I was searching around the internet, and wondered if it might be a solution.  Would you care to elaborate on "a little adjustment to the opening"? 

I bought the guitar from Jason at Notable.  I should drop him an e-mail and see what he suggests. 

Thanks again!

Baggs make's a barndoor unit that with a little adjustment to the opening will work just fine.I've replaced several BBands with it.Also there is a warranty on your BBand that my still be play.Contact a the Larrivee dealer you got the guitar from and see if they can help.

Larrivee DV10-E
Larrivee OMV03-RE
Larrivee D03-12
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 06:30:54 PM »

Yes get in touch with Jason.The Baggs needs to have the opening on the side of the guitar enlarged to fit the Imix.A good tech shouldn't have a problem with this.So if a change is going to need to be done start checking with your tech and make sure that this will not be a problem for them to do it.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: