Recording the RS-4

Started by ducktrapper, August 25, 2009, 02:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just fooling around with my new recorder, I used my RS-4 for a rhythm, lead and even a bass track. I played the lead track through an effect on the BR1600 called 1959 Tweed. How did it sound?    :drool:
I got something happening somewhere between Neil Young and Jimmy Page. It's sounding like a good place. The RS-4 has "the stink". Cool ringing harmonics all up the G string. Especially at the fourth fret, playing in Am. What a guitar! Magnificent!!! Now if I could just iron out the misplaced semitones that lie somewhere between Young, Page and a wildly optimistic 14 year old.   :laughin:

Sounds like fun.  I would love to hear it.  Those RS-4's are AMAZING!.
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Hey Duck, can you post a pic or two of yours? Or, if you have already, what the thread is? Have never played one, but have been wanting to. Just beautiful looking guitars, all of the details looking sharp. Maybe when you get something you're happy with, post a sound clip? Would love to hear it & what it's being played through!
   Thanks! :thumb
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: BluesMan1 on August 25, 2009, 05:16:04 PM
   Hey Duck, can you post a pic or two of yours? Or, if you have already, what the thread is? Have never played one, but have been wanting to. Just beautiful looking guitars, all of the details looking sharp. Maybe when you get something you're happy with, post a sound clip? Would love to hear it & what it's being played through!
   Thanks! :thumb
     Jeff

Sorry to make you wait. I've been having all sorts of computer problems. Here's the RS-4. Click on the pics.

I have a "Goldtop" RS4 and it is unbelievable! I will never let it go!