New Work & Worry interview with Denis Turbide!!!

Started by v4c4tion b4y, August 17, 2009, 07:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey all, over the past week I conducted an email interview with our own Denis Turbide!  It just went live, and you can see it here :
Denis Turbide on W&W

Work & Worry is a new website, focusing on acoustic guitar, fingerstyle and folk music.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions, ideas for features, recordings to review, or constructive criticism... thanks!

Collings OM2 Custom (2010)
Gibson L-00 Reissue (circa 2000)
Yamaha FG-331 (80's)

http://www.workandworry.com = News and reviews of fingerstyle, acoustic guitar, folk, blues and beyond!

nice interview. ..thank you  :+1:

When Denis put his OO Larrivee up for sale I would have bought it if it had a wider nut than 1 3/4.
I ended up buying another brand that had a 1 7/8.

I bought his CD and really enjoy it.

- Larry
PLAY SONG , LIVE LONG !

Larrivee OOO-60 - Lady Rose
Pavan TP-30 classical - nylon
Takamine 132s classical -nylon
former Larrivees  L-03R  SD-50

Good interview, thanks.  Worldwide fame awaits Mr Turbide me thinks!!  Whenever I have work clients in my car I make sure his CD is on for free UK coverage!  Most people comment on it!

Well done on getting the forum III into the interview with a picture too.  I loved the limited edition comment, it was an 'oooo, I've got one of them!!' moment :laughin:
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on August 17, 2009, 08:25:01 AM
Worldwide fame awaits Mr Turbide me thinks!! 

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ben but I won't count my chickens just yet!

Raymond, thanks for all your doing.  I appreciate all your efforts.

Thanks for this thread.
                  Denis I enjoyed learning a bit more about your development into the player you are today. I was with another forum member over the weekend and of course you did come up in the conversation. We both have your music and I just realized we both also have the same LS model as you do.
                   But for some reason ours don't sound the same as yours when we play them. :blush:

v4c4tion b4y--

Denis deserves the recognition; it's great that you're giving him some exposure in Work and Worry.

DAVE
-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

Quote from: ncognito on August 17, 2009, 09:20:27 PM
v4c4tion b4y--

Denis deserves the recognition; it's great that you're giving him some exposure in Work and Worry.

DAVE

I totally agree, Dave!  Happy to do it.  Hopefully I'll be able to use W&W to get exposure for a great many more under-heard guitarists!  Please stay tuned!
:smile:

Collings OM2 Custom (2010)
Gibson L-00 Reissue (circa 2000)
Yamaha FG-331 (80's)

http://www.workandworry.com = News and reviews of fingerstyle, acoustic guitar, folk, blues and beyond!

Quote from: v4c4tion b4y on August 17, 2009, 11:05:50 PM
I totally agree, Dave!  Happy to do it.  Hopefully I'll be able to use W&W to get exposure for a great many more under-heard guitarists!  Please stay tuned!
:smile:

I'll echo your statement about there being a lot more musicians out there that should be heard, but I'm very happy to be your site's first review/interview Raymond.  

That was great! I've bookmarked it look forward to the rest of them.
Larrivee 00-40R

Very well done.
:donut2  :coffee
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"