Would a pick up be worthwhile?

Started by PCT57, August 23, 2009, 07:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have a OM-50 and have been considering geting a pick up installed.

I do not need one for gigs or anything like that - it would be purely to 'play' about with in the house with a small amp (headphones when necessary) and possibly an effects unit, perhaps some recording on my laptop?

I am not sure about this and I am concerned it may be just a passing thing going around my head -  I know it is down to me really but is there anyone out there that has a similar thing set up who can advise what can be done and what they do to keep them amused with it? Ideas about about basic equipment would also be welcome.

I appreciate that it may be a strange question since I do not actually know what I want to do or achieve with it - hope someone can help :?

PC if you are unsure, by all means wait. This things can cost $$$, if your happy enough to play without a pick-up, do so. When you are ready, there are many help on offer on this forum
cheers
fongie

Thanks Fongie

You are right - will just concentrate on playing :nana_guitar

If you are curious as to how your guitar sounds when YOU play it - a nice way to do this is to go to your largest flat surface in your house - maybe you have a door-wall or large unobstructed wall, stand in front of it when you play - voila.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud