Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Nashville Blues"  (Read 475 times)
Will Fly

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »

Well, here's the tenor in action, with Ian's classical guitar as the backing 6-string, and bit of fiddle thrown in for effect!

Nashville Blues

Cheers,

Will
lw216316
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 04:10:07 PM »

Will, odd thing, your blues have made me happy, how'd that happen 

nothing blue here in Nashville today but the skies,
 (maybe just a little at the loss of Les Paul) -
    as far as I know the factory here is still open and making his guitars today - maybe their corp flag is at 1/2 mast.)

and like your song says, "the people here treat me fine"

Larry in the heart of Nashville

PLAY SONG , LIVE LONG !

Larrivee OOO-60 - Lady Rose
Pavan TP-30 classical - nylon
Takamine 132s classical -nylon
former Larrivees  L-03R  SD-50
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:12:57 PM »

Will, I did't know ya played tenor! I play in a trio with me on guitar and vocals, my friend John on harmonica, and my old guitar teacher, Craig, on tenor guitar. You might be interested in this old thread I started. I scored an old late twenties, early thirties archtop tenor for a song and restored it for Craig. You canb see it here: http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=26752.0 As it has gotten used to being played again it sounds quite nice and Craig loves her naming her Katie after my old Bulldogge I had to have put down during the time I was working on  the tenor.
Will Fly

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 08:17:34 PM »

That looks like a really great old tenor you restored! Any sound files of the trio?

Will
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 08:28:27 PM »

Will, I'm in Boston visiting the inlaws at the moment but when I get back to Delaware, I'll send you some files of us playing as a trio. For now you can hear a version of Make Me Down a Pallet with Craig on his old Harmony tenor here: http://music.myspace.com/Modules/MusicV2/Pages/PopUpPlayer.aspx?songid=&artid=&profid=411710498&plid=30190

E-mail me at hikerltwt@hotmail.com and when I get home I'll send ya a few tunes of us playing as a trio. The other tunes on the page are original and played with my friend Emily on fiddle as a duo. All recordings are live takes, same room, seperate mics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: