Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wyres guitar strings anybody?  (Read 544 times)
webberink

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2009, 06:28:04 PM »

I use Elixir Nanoweb strings, PB lights.  I like them on my two Larrivee's, not so much on my other guitars where I tend to use Dads EXP 16s.  A well known Canadian guitar guru has just been concerting through the area, and he plays Wyres coated and swears by them.  Can anyone enlighten me.  Their website is http://www.wyresstrings.com:80/about.asp.
Dave

I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!
Tycho
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 06:33:53 PM »

I don't know those strings, but they have some pretty heay-duty endorsers.  J.P. Cormier, Dave MacIsaac....

D-03RE
D-03-12

...and several other guitars.
jimmy buffett

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 07:19:28 PM »

I spoke with the owner of Wyres last year regarding a promotion that I was doing.  He was a pretty good guy to talk with and gave me the lo down about his manufacturing facilities and such.  He lives in Toronto, I believe. 

The funny thing is that while I did put a set of Wyres on one of my guitars, I don't recall my impressions.

jimmy

Jackson C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 03:42:25 PM »

I finally got a chance to try them, they work like a charm! Great feel...great sound...and they take quite a pounding!

webberink

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 09:44:33 PM »

Jimmy B,
So what would you compare them too?  Local recording artist and acoustic Guitar guru Ken Hamm says they are great, but I am wondering in what direction, if you get my drift?
Dave

I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: