Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just did my first Solo gig, and......SECOND VIDEO ADDED !!!!  (Read 2288 times)
dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2009, 10:36:03 AM »

Nothing wrong with that performance, Obe-wan.  Sounds pretty darn good to me.  We are always are own worst critics. :)

Stop beating yourself up and go get 'em!

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
obe-wan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2009, 11:46:23 AM »

Thanks dberch,

I just did my second gig last night, I did 10 songs opening for the same band, to a room of about 20 people, 10 of those being my usual group of friends that come along. Huge crowd ! The guy behind the bar was less than friendly, and considered it a great inconvenience to turn the stage lights on for us while we set up! There was no foldback, the mics the boys hired were cheap and nasty and would feedback as soon as we added any volume..... The owner left the large screen TV just to the left of the stage on to watch the football scores the whole night....and after the gig i was asked by a middle aged extremely drunk woman which one of the band members was single, when I told her we all are either married or have girlfriends I got a very colorful reply........

I was happy with my performance, got heckled for not playing something from the 60's . There was no buzz from playing. I did it and got off the stage. Better luck next time !!!!

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin 00-18V.
Gibson SG Classic.
Dr.Z Mini Z.
Eastman 805V Mandolin.

Still no Larrivee.... :-(

Upwey, Victoria, Australia.
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2009, 12:53:39 PM »

Sounds terriffic!  On the plus side Scott, you got another gig under your belt in front of a crowd of friends and drunks who probably won't remember, so use it as a great free dress rehersal for the next good gig!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2009, 08:59:12 PM »

I was happy with my performance, got heckled for not playing something from the 60's .

And yet again, the crowd called for "Freebird" - 

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
lw216316
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2009, 09:38:15 PM »

good for you Scott 
You can control the quality of what you play but not the quality of the listeners or their taste (or lack thereof) in music or manners.

but under the circumstances (being an opener) , I'd think you are obligated to 'keep the paying crowd happy' and play what they want to hear
I guess that's the way the music 'business' works.

- Larry

PLAY SONG , LIVE LONG !

Larrivee OOO-60 - Lady Rose
Pavan TP-30 classical - nylon
Takamine 132s classical -nylon
former Larrivees  L-03R  SD-50
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: