I just did my first Solo gig, and......SECOND VIDEO ADDED !!!!

Started by obe-wan, July 17, 2009, 11:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott, you sounded good! Your picking was tight and vocals were fine. I only wish things went as nicely for me the first time I played out and sang at the same time! Keep doing it and your voice will develop the authority  you have in your picking!

see.....SEE.......I told you so  :bgrin:

I heard no nerves in your voice, as Ben said already.

...any vasilation, came across as vibrato, and that fits the blues just fine...

If you know your voice is a bit shakey on a particular occasion then TALK as little as possible-

a lot of people talk too much anyway and degrade an otherwise fine performance -
only a rare few can win over an audience with their speaking - charm, jokes, stories and background information....

my theory, unless you are as good at public speaking as you are at playing and singing then DON'T !

just sing and play...when singing,   people will just accept a waver in your voice as vibrato - a good thing.

- Larry
PLAY SONG , LIVE LONG !

Larrivee OOO-60 - Lady Rose
Pavan TP-30 classical - nylon
Takamine 132s classical -nylon
former Larrivees  L-03R  SD-50

Outstanding first solo! You should be proud and work on a few more songs so you can fill a set yourself -

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Hey, thanks guys.

Your encouragement has given me a shot of confidence, my next solo spot is friday week, so hopefully I'll come through it feeling a little more at ease and happier with the result.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.
Achillies 5F2A Princeton.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on July 21, 2009, 08:33:24 AM
Hey, thanks guys.

Your encouragement has given me a shot of confidence, my next solo spot is friday week, so hopefully I'll come through it feeling a little more at ease and happier with the result.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers, Scott.

Are you going to do a whole night's worth this time around?

Quote from: Denis on July 21, 2009, 09:48:11 AM
Are you going to do a whole night's worth this time around?

Gday Denis,

My first one was 6 songs, just opening for my friends band, I chose to do only 6 so that if it wasnt going well it wouldnt be too long until I got off stage. This time around its pretty much the same deal, I'll be opening for the same band (duo) but at a different venue. Theres another guy coming on after me then my friends band headlining ( I also play harmonica in that band). Im planning on having about 45 minutes of songs and instrumentals, so one full set I guess.

Thanks for your input Denis, it means a lot to me having such an accomplished musician taking interest in what Im doing.

Cheers mate, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

obe-

nice job, I know you know you were nervous and probably sing it getter in a room by yourself....but not at your best, it sounded real good.  I would be very happy if I could sing as good as you...but if you listened to my song posted the other day, you know that I need some improving, lol.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Hey Bluesman !

Thank you kindly for the praise ! I saw the clip of yourself and your partner when you posted the reply regarding the stomp boxes. You guys sound very professional to me!  :thumbsup
Hey , I might contact you soon about those stomp boxes, are you still making them?

Cheers, scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Scott--

If I was there in the crowd I would have proudly nudged whoever was next to me to tell them , "that's my Larrivee Guitar Forum buddy Scott!  Ain't he got it goin' on!!!

DAVE  :thumb  :wave
-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

Quote from: ncognito on July 21, 2009, 08:15:39 PM
Scott--

If I was there in the crowd I would have proudly nudged whoever was next to me to tell them , "that's my Larrivee Guitar Forum buddy Scott!  Ain't he got it goin' on!!!

DAVE  :thumb  :wave
Yup.

Heres the rest of the second song.

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Great playing and singing Scott.  

I think you should try to find yourself a gig just for you, a whole night...if you've got enough material for a whole night?  

I'm only playing once a month these days...I wish it was more often...

Superb Scott.  Singing was top notch and the guitar playing just brilliant. 
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Hey - where'd the clappy hands guys come from?

Guess all I can offer is -  :thumbsup

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Scott,

It looks like you don't need any more support, but, for what it's worth -- I like it! I'd certainly pay to cover to hang out there and listen.

WileE
Larrivee 00-40R

Yeah my man Scotty, mate, done well, infact excellent  :+1:  :+1:  :+1:
cheers
fongie

Thanks again fellas, your responses have been very humbling thank you. Im currently working on a few more songs to increase my repertoire. Onward and upward !

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: jimmy buffett on July 20, 2009, 09:31:21 AM
You did just fine.  I didn't hear any signs of nerves.

Good on ya', mate...

:+1: Hey Scott - that was "awe-flippen-some" mate!
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Quote from: Zohn on July 24, 2009, 08:06:10 AM
:+1: Hey Scott - that was "awe-flippen-some" mate!

Thanks Zohn my friend, many more to come I hope.

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.