Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Pickup for a nylon string?  (Read 544 times)
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: July 10, 2009, 05:01:29 AM »

a Friend is having a custom Classical Baritone guitar made and asked my opinion on this. Is the Acoustic Sounboard transducers like the Baggs I-beam the way to go, or Under Saddle Transducers (element) like the Fishman Matrix?

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 01:26:31 PM »

I don't like many of the pickup systems out there but I must say that the Baggs Ibeam is about the best I've heard for truish tone of the instrument.Its what I tell all my customers to use and everyone of them has been happy.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Trinity Guitars

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »

I don't like many of the pickup systems out there but I must say that the Baggs Ibeam is about the best I've heard for truish tone of the instrument.Its what I tell all my customers to use and everyone of them has been happy.
  I agree IBeam Active is the way to go. It is tricky on a classical guitar. You cannot cut or modify the I Beam pick up to fit the bracing so if it fits great if not you cannot use it. I have run into this issue on a few guitars. In that case I fall back to the Baggs Element under the saddle pick up.

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 02:43:31 PM »

+1 Appreciate your feedback Jim and Rob -  ever tried the Fishman Matrix Infinity and if so any positive feedback on it?

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 03:34:54 PM »

Zohn can't help you there.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: