Luthiers and repair techs available to forum members for repairs & tuning

Started by DJ in FL, June 28, 2009, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nice to see a female repairperson in the club we need more ladies to attract more lady guitarist.Welcome.Don't forget the  :donut :donut :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Yes, it is good to see a female tech on the forum. That way we'll get a larger perspective and by sharing information we'll all learn.

Welcome to the club, Karen.

Have a donut on me: :donut
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

hi, i just bought a larrivee d-01 ,just love it, and really want to take care of it the way a great instrument should be, i have two questions ,what can i treat the wood with ,and the neck surface, and how about case humidifiers ,and should i take off the string tension while storing it in case upright,answers would be helpfull, thankyou james

Quote from: jamesblanchard on March 30, 2013, 04:18:36 PM
hi, i just bought a larrivee d-01 ,just love it, and really want to take care of it the way a great instrument should be, i have two questions ,what can i treat the wood with ,and the neck surface, and how about case humidifiers ,and should i take off the string tension while storing it in case upright,answers would be helpfull, thankyou james
Not much is needed.  The #1 thing is to make sure you know the relative humidity in the room.  Keep it around 40-50%.  You can buy an Oasis for about 20 bucks to read the RH level in the room or drop in in the case for a reading.  If it's just the one guitar, a Kyser Lifeguard is the simplest most effective and cost effective way to humidify that I've found.  No need to take the string tension off when not playing.  Every once in a while, 1 or 2 times a year, I take a very tiny amount of lemon oil to clean down the fretboard.  Very little is needed and too much is bad.  That's about it for cleaning.  I'm sure others can advise on more but I never do anything else except a string wipe down with a microfiber cloth.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

WISCONSIN/MINNESOTA area:
Gordy Bischoff
5150 Deerfield Road
Eau Claire, WI 54701
(715) 834-3751
gordy@bischoffguitars.com
http://www.bischoffguitars.com/
Been doing this stuff since 1975. Very friendly and will spend the time to talk out your situation completely with you. Won't try to sell you what you don't need. Builds BEAUTIFUL guitars!

A very knowledgeable and experienced Luthier for Acoustic Guitars and Ukes in Berlin/ Germany:

Johannes Reyels
Gitarrenbau & Reparaturwerkstatt
Schönhauser Allee 168
10439 Berlin
Telefon: +49 30-43200377
Mobil: +49 176-22652532
Email: service (at) gitarrenreparatur.info
http://www.gitarrenreparatur.info

This is my favourite Luthier in Berlin, small but fine workshop. Simply knows what he is doing and talking about. Will not sell you anything what you don't need and takes his
time to talk with you through the problem(s). Solved also a problem on one of my acoustics another "luthier" was not able to get by. Does also repairs on electric guitars.

Cheers, Walter

When in the central NJ area............Mr Paul Unkert aka The Guitar Guy    Toms River, NJ   Phone 732 270 1479.

For anyone in West or Central Michigan, I just found the best guitar tech/luthier that I have ever worked with in 50 years of playing; Russell at North Coast Guitar Company in Grand Rapids.  (Just Google it for contact info.)  Knowledgeable, personable, fairly priced and absolutely first rate work.  Highly recommended!

Gregg
"Music is too important to be left to professionals."

Any recommendations for a good luthier/set-up tech in the Chicago area?  Madison appears to be the closest mentioned.

Thanks

I don't know if Chicago Music Exchange does repairs or not but you might check with them or any musician that you know that they may use.Don't forget to interview any tech who's going to work on your guitar.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: Bigfish on March 02, 2016, 12:34:59 PM
Any recommendations for a good luthier/set-up tech in the Chicago area?  Madison appears to be the closest mentioned.

Thanks

Old Town School of Folk Music has the Different Strummer.  There may be more affordable options. 
L-03WL (A Hunt for Spruce) with K&K Pure Mini
RS2 with humbuckers

Quote from: Bigfish on March 02, 2016, 12:34:59 PM

Thanks

None better than Third Coast Guitar

For members in Victoria, Australia you can't do better than Cargill in Seaford. http://www.cargillcustomguitars.com.au/
I have dealt with 3 generations of this backyard family business over 40 years and the quality just gets  better. If you look at the list of artists from Australia and touring they have helped you would be amazed. Great work at sensible price. They actually can do the impossible.
Guild D55 (1974) Rosewood and Spruce.
Larrivee O-01 (2003) Maple Special Edition. Quilted Maple and Cedar top.
Larrivee OM 19 (2003) California Special Edition. Rosewood and Spruce
Larrivee L05 (1996) Customised. Mahogany and Cedar.
Taylor 714 CE (2015) Rosewood and Spruce
Marshall AC50D
Concertinas, harmoniums, mandolins and autoharps

:donut2
haven't posted in quite a while but did ship my om-03 to uncle rob for bone nut and saddle. Was and still am satisfied with the job done.  next time will save the ups money and make the drive.
more guitars than talent

P-05 IS, om-03

Little Rock has/had?? a Larrivee dealer. Very limited stock. Bryon usually only has one or two on his wall. I played my first Larrivee in his shop. He sold it before I got back to the shop to buy it. He didn't get any more in for awhile and I went to eBay.

Bryon does all my setups and string changes. He's installed under saddle piezo pickups in two of my acoustic guitars.

Little Rock Frets
Bryon Knight
http://littlerockfrets.net/wp/
Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

If you're looking for someone in the Edmonton Alberta area, I'm your guy.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on February 01, 2017, 01:29:44 AM
If you're looking for someone in the Edmonton Alberta area, I'm your guy.

:thumb :cheers :beer :nanadance :nana_guitar

:wave                                      :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

If you are in Wisconsin, Greenbay area, Bruce Petros is the best you can get. He is well known for his guitars and they now start at about 9,000.00 dollar range. His skills are of the best, but may be a bit pricer then a store with repair people. If you have a great guitar and want the best hands on your instrument in Wisconsin Bruce is the guy. Milwaukee-  Denny Rowens been around for a very long time. I would trust him with most.