Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie "ladykillers" And Guitar Building  (Read 847 times)
rounder

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2004, 08:10:50 PM »

LADYKILLERS is a dark comedy with Tom Hanks.  If you rent this movie check out the bonus feature (on DVD) called: Danny Ferrington-Man Behind the Band.

Luthier Danny Ferrington talks about building instruments for the movie and a little about guitar making. Worth a look, he is a neat guy.
Celtic Johnny

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 03:35:02 PM »

A very neat guy indeed. It's cool to see someone who truly enjoys his profession. His enthusiasm when he was talking about people playing  (and even damaging) his guitars really came through.
sc morris

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 03:47:11 PM »

I only made it through about 20 minutes of the movie.  I heard at least 500 f-words.....Mother F-words at that.  I was totally disappointed that Hanks would star in such a piece of trash.

"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western
dbirchett
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 03:50:43 PM »

I only made it through about 20 minutes of the movie.  I heard at least 500 f-words.....Mother F-words at that.  I was totally disappointed that Hanks would star in such a piece of trash.
I had exactly the same experience. We had a free pass (but that didn't pay for drinks/popcorn). At about the same point my wife and I decided we'd had as much of that "pleasure" as we could stand. Don't really consider myself a prude and will tolerate the language but not the constant barrage.  

Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP crying
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi
GTR Florentine Special
sc morris

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 04:05:40 PM »

I only made it through about 20 minutes of the movie.  I heard at least 500 f-words.....Mother F-words at that.  I was totally disappointed that Hanks would star in such a piece of trash.
I had exactly the same experience. We had a free pass (but that didn't pay for drinks/popcorn). At about the same point my wife and I decided we'd had as much of that "pleasure" as we could stand. Don't really consider myself a prude and will tolerate the language but not the constant barrage.
Agree 100%.  I go into a movie and expect to get some foul language....that's just life and it's expected with an R rating. But this film just took it over to the top.  It was like they were trying to fit in as many f-words as they could.  Total trash. angry

Tom Hanks moved down a couple of nothces on that one with me.  

"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: