Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: J-05 owners, your thoughts appreciated...(I did it!!)  (Read 2241 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 02:25:12 PM »

Congrats I told you they were scary nice....... ....

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 05:13:34 PM »

Congrats I told you they were scary nice....... ....
Hey thanx Rob! she's everything you said and more - and the hog is simply stunning. I'm in love again... blush

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 05:38:01 PM »

great stuff...   gotpics?

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
magictwanger

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 08:11:56 PM »

Hey Zohn...How happy do you think I am,for you?

Boy,as far as I am concerned that guitar deserves someone like you!!I hope you enjoy many sessions on it too.

Btw,is the Smoothe Talker gone?You waited a long time for it,as I recall.

best regards
obe-wan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 11:04:43 PM »

Congratulations Zohn mate, another Larry to the collection. Cant wait to see pics ! nice guitar

So, before the dust settles on this deal, whats next on the hit list? 

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin 00-18V.
Gibson SG Classic.
Dr.Z Mini Z.
Eastman 805V Mandolin.

Still no Larrivee.... :-(

Upwey, Victoria, Australia.
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 07:08:06 AM »

Hey Zohn...How happy do you think I am,for you?

Boy,as far as I am concerned that guitar deserves someone like you!!I hope you enjoy many sessions on it too.

Btw,is the Smoothe Talker gone?You waited a long time for it,as I recall.

best regards
Hey Mark
Yes the Smoothie is hanging on a shop's wall now. It was a very exiting project, and I enjoyed it to design and put together all the specs with Mervyn, and see the guitar into being over time. I also enjoyed it, and would still have it if possible, but when this J-05 came along, I didn't think twice - they're very scarce, especially here in Africa, and this one is a cannon, and she's played in as much as any one could wish for, so I'm very happy. I must still break the news to Mervyn (the builder of the ST), but he'll get over it, or build me another one day...

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 07:13:41 AM »

Congratulations Zohn mate, another Larry to the collection. Cant wait to see pics ! nice guitar

So, before the dust settles on this deal, whats next on the hit list? 

Cheers, Scott.
Hey Scott!
Thanx for sharing in my excitement mate, I'll take pics today and post them tonight.
I have a custom OM based on the Martin OM specs, built by my mate Hans Van Den Berg with (yes you guessed it) - Hog and German Spruce, which I hope to get Jan 2010. He's starting it in August. It will have Braz Rosewood fingerboard, head plate, wedge and bridge, and a figured Kiaat (localTeak species) rosette. The machines will be open back Grover Sta-tites.

Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 01:49:54 PM »

Here she is...

[attachment deleted by admin]

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »

nice guitar

She is a beauty!!!

Sound clip???

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 03:07:54 PM »

Thanx Ben.
Sound clips? - well me not there yet... but she growls all right!! amazing tone and presence.

Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 04:43:07 PM »

sweet mahogany.... I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks...   

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 05:07:02 PM »

sweet mahogany.... I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks...   
Sure does, thanks Randy. BTW, I sent you Fongie's fishing DVD Saturday morning ok?

magictwanger

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2009, 09:29:19 PM »

Great looking guitar.....With your guitar knowledge,if you decided on it, then it "must" be superb.I have to admit that some of these jumbos I've been seeing are really nice looking guitars.

The closest git I owned to a "jumbolia" was a very nice(an understatement)Martin M-38.....Loved that guitar,but sold it when my first child came about.

Enjoy
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2009, 05:53:46 AM »

Great looking guitar.....With your guitar knowledge,if you decided on it, then it "must" be superb.I have to admit that some of these jumbos I've been seeing are really nice looking guitars.

The closest git I owned to a "jumbolia" was a very nice(an understatement)Martin M-38.....Loved that guitar,but sold it when my first child came about.

Enjoy
+1 Thanks Mark,
Yeah, the M's are great guitars, I've played a couple of recent models as well and loved them - just very expensive (obviously). I have to tell you however that this J-05 I got took my breath away. The moment I hit the first strum on it (it had old strings on then) I just knew I had to have it.
I've read up on lots of Jumbo models, and the Guilds have a very good reputation as well, and I played a J-55 Tacoma as well which now sadly is no longer available. The Gibsons are the yard-stick though and always worth a look. The only real issue for many though, is the physical size of these animals, but in my case I think Jumbos were sculpted just for my liking!!!! 

magictwanger

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2009, 01:48:21 AM »

Well Zohn,that about does "it" for me.When I was in buying mode last winter,the only instrument I did not try out was a Jumbo.

Now,because of my admiration for you,I'm gonna see what I am missing.Too bad I'm cashed out,and making my lovely daughter's wedding soon.So regardless,I'm pretty much going to have to be happy with what I have already.....No problemo,because your "original" advice was on the money!!

Best to all
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 06:31:59 AM »

Well Zohn,that about does "it" for me.When I was in buying mode last winter,the only instrument I did not try out was a Jumbo.

Now,because of my admiration for you,I'm gonna see what I am missing.Too bad I'm cashed out,and making my lovely daughter's wedding soon.So regardless,I'm pretty much going to have to be happy with what I have already.....No problemo,because your "original" advice was on the money!!

Best to all
+1 I just have to add though that I've once more got confirmation to "never say never"... GAS is a rather strange phenomenon isn't it? (will always be as most members already know by now)

obe-wan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 09:02:32 AM »

+1 I just have to add though that I've once more got confirmation to "never say never"... GAS is a rather strange phenomenon isn't it? (will always be as most members already know by now)

Wow Zohn, that is a lovely guitar ! Very nice 'Hog mate. Enjoy !

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin 00-18V.
Gibson SG Classic.
Dr.Z Mini Z.
Eastman 805V Mandolin.

Still no Larrivee.... :-(

Upwey, Victoria, Australia.
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 08:24:40 PM »

Wow Zohn, that is a lovely guitar ! Very nice 'Hog mate. Enjoy !

Cheers, Scott.
+1 Thanx Scott
Just got back from band practice, and I used it plugged-in tonight, plain awesome - the perfect guitar for what I do (praise and worship).

SMixon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2009, 12:16:21 PM »

Congrats! I know your happy! bigrin

Taylor 512
Fender 2013 American Standard Telecaster
Vintage Gibson J-45
Therdrail Amp
Carvin Nomad Amp
LR Baggs
Pedals and What Not
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 02:52:53 PM »

If it wasn't for the pickup system that is my J05...... nice guitar

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: