Larrivee Model 0-60 or O-60 BZ

Started by Wampuscat23, June 22, 2009, 04:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any info on Larrivee Model 0-60 or O-60 BZ would be appreciated. Years made, any spec info or any other info will do. THANX-A-BUNCH! How they sound and play is the whole thing anyway!

Larrivee's single-0 model used the same body & set up as their current Parlor models (P-05, P-09), but with herringbone trim, open-back tuners and some other changes.  0-50 would have mahogany back and 0-60 would be rosewood or something else (might be a few BZ's around!)

I only saw them advertised from about 2007-2008 and don't think I saw one in person, however I'd be surprised if the overall sound & feel is markedly different from a Parlor model with similar woods.  Others with hands-on experience will certainly give you more specifics... just wait!

Welcome,
Dave

Quote from: Wampuscat23 on June 22, 2009, 04:10:35 PM
Any info on Larrivee Model 0-60 or O-60 BZ would be appreciated. Years made, any spec info or any other info will do. THANX-A-BUNCH! How they sound and play is the whole thing anyway!

Sylvan Music has one.
Gary - RS-4 (for sale), Bourgeois VOM

And Cathedral Music has a P-09 in Brazillian.  Should sound similar to an 0-60BZ but with abalone

http://www.cathedralmusic.com/17501.html

Look for P09BZ

I was under the impression a Parlor was 24" scale and the O was 25-1/2" ????

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: gschaps on June 22, 2009, 05:22:20 PM
Sylvan Music has one.
Geez!!! that's a neat slab of Indian - I just love the colour. http://sylvanmusic.com/preview.php?display=1419_img6.jpg
and the wide grain Sitka tops JCL uses on these Traditionals are simply awesome too... http://sylvanmusic.com/preview.php?display=1419_img8.jpg - thanx for the link.
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Quote from: obe-wan on June 25, 2009, 10:44:22 PM

Cheers, Scott.
Hey Scott, the 0-models are the traditional versions of the Parlors. To bad they were discontinued with the 00's, I would sure like to know what the reasoning was behind that decision, makes no sense to me. (ok, but I don't pay the workers their wages either do I?) :winkin:
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Here's an interesting one that I think Fongie might enjoy... http://www.cathedralmusic.com/26401.html

I just bought an O-60 at Midtown Music in Atlanta,GA. A demonstrator, it couldn't be sold as new, though it is absolutely mint. And, since they are closing up shop. I got it at his cost--$1100!!! w/case. They had two more O's on Thursday July 2. Both appear to be Braz. R/W, but his cost on these was markedly higher than I paid for mine. I believe mine is Indian R/W and it sounded awful with the old strings. I put on a set of D'Addario Phos/brnz
extra lights and it is stunning. While these may not be the best choice, they opened it up wonderfully. I've owned an L-05e,D-03e,and my son has a beautiful D-11(I think) and though I've tried to break away from the Larris, I can't seem to find their equal at the price. This new little Larri sealed the fate of a Martin OM I was on my way to pickup. BTW, Midtown is closed next week and only open W,T,F after that, if sight unseen purchases don't scare ya.

Larrivee O-60, Lowden G-9C ( jap made, but very sweet)
Larrivee O-60, Lowden G9C ( jap made, but oh so sweet)

Quote from: obe-wan on June 25, 2009, 10:44:22 PM

Cheers, Scott.

I found these specs. for the 0-50
Flathead

Specifications
Larrivee 0-50
*  1 3/4" wide bone nut
*  slotted peghead
*  one piece tropical mahogany neck
*  dovetail neck joint
*  vintage style dart volute
*  ebony fingerboard with grained ivoroid binding
*  mother-of-pearl diamond & square markers
*  24" scale length
*  low friction matte neck finish
*  bookmatched Sitka spruce top
*  herringbone rosette and top perimeter
*  maple body binding
*  tropical mahogany back & sides
*  ebony pyramid bridge
*  intonation compensated bone saddle
*  ebony bridge pins
*  gloss body finish
*  deluxe hardshell case

Larrivee D-60
Larrivee D-05 Gryphon Headstock
Guild F-35NT
Gibson B-25
Yamaha LL-25
Martin D-16H
Martin LX1
1902  "Up toDate Guitar" oak parlor
1944 d-28  Martin ( sold last year )

Thanks for the specs Flathead. Incidentally there's a P-09BZ on ebay right now....yum!  :drool:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.