Ivan And Unclrob

Started by 12barBill, September 15, 2004, 01:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Good afternoon everyone.Well Ivan passed us by,lots of rain and a little wind.
Tom please make sure your Goody is wrapped very tight when you jam in the scuba gear.Atlanta is going to be very wet.
To all Thanks for the wellwishes.Please keep your pray's going for the people of Mobile and New Orleans who are going to have to return to a major mess.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Rob--Good to hear from you! We had CNN on and saw that you guys lost a section of bridge! Also, I heard a school lost its roof, but I'm glad it didn't get to you.
--Fred

QuoteGood afternoon everyone.Well Ivan passed us by,lots of rain and a little wind.
Tom please make sure your Goody is wrapped very tight when you jam in the scuba gear.Atlanta is going to be very wet.
To all Thanks for the wellwishes.Please keep your pray's going for the people of Mobile and New Orleans who are going to have to return to a major mess.
Pensacola took the big hit.  Did you see the I-10 bridge across Pensacola Bay?  Collapsed.  That had to take some serious wave action.
http://community.webshots.com/user/fng45

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Saw that I've crossed that bridge a 100 times.scary stuff.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Lots of rain and moderately high winds here in N. Georgia, an hour or so north of Atlanta. The rain is starting to taper off as of 9AM. I've been without power since 7pm last night (using a laptop w/battery now).

I suspect lots of flooding and I have a couple of trees down on my property, but nothing blocking a road or close to the house.

The back of Little Brother's yard may be a swamp.

I'll be leaving at noon to go to LB's jam and driving back home each night which is about 2 hours each way.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Randy be careful I read reports of flooding in north Ga.I hope all is good at LB's place.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

We're on the very outer edges of it here in north central S.C. I'm slightly south of Charlotte, N.C. We're having periods of heavy rain and surprisingly heavy wind (nothing like you're getting west and south of here). Flooding is our concern. And the "t" word.  

Bill please stay in side and tie the wife and kids down.I've read reports of mudslides in your area due to all the rain that you've gotten from all 3 hurricans.Be Safe.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Thanks Rob. No wife, no kids. Old bachelor right now. Fiancee lives in Surfside Beach, S.C., about three hours away. Been doing the long distance relationship thing for five years now.

The mudslides are mainly in the mountain areas of N.C. (western part - Appalachian chain).

I'm in the piedmont area (rolling hills) along the Catawba River which has a series of large recreational lakes - hydroelectric dams. Duke Power Co. is turning out all the water they can through the dams, but can't do it fast enough. Too many hurricanes too close together. Many tributaries and low lying areas are getting flooded. A very large area feeds this river system, so when this storm gets gone water is still draining into the river system and its lakes for days. And Hurricane Jeanne (spelling?) looks like it's gonna come this way next week. More heavy rain maybe.

OK, geography lesson over.  

Here is Ivan or what's left of him Looks Like were going to get a little of what's left here in Massachusetts.

Prays and thoughts go out to you all during this time of Hurricane season.

Steven

Praying for you guys!!!!

God Bless!!!

C.S

Pittsburgh is getting slammed with record-setting rain for the last 24-hour period. Major roadways are washed out and the rivers will crest above flood stage downtown.

Fortunately, we live high up on a hill and the rest of our family all seems to be safe. No worries here, but there are some low-lying areas that haven't been as lucky.  
Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

there seems to be yet another storm brewing down south again.  it's been said many times already but best wishes and good luck to all you folks in harms way.  

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor

You know what I said about Arizona not getting any hurricanes ... well, Hurricane Javier has us in his sights. Its supposed to cross Baja on land and hit us tomorrow or Sunday. No comparison to the ones hitting Florida but we are a little excited here. We need the rain!
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom