Raaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.....it's Arrived!

Started by 2LeftFeet, September 16, 2004, 10:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all

Well, the parlour has just arrived and I'm so happy  :D  :D  

Rosewood b/s, spruce top, all very nice.  Quite a lot more bass than the Mahogany b/s I played in London, which is a good thing, although those Elixir's are gonna have to go!  

Ebony bridge pins to come, and then I'll post some pix.

2LF (Now an official member of the Larrivee appreciation society!)
:P  

Cool, welcome to the dark side.

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

Congrats and welcome to the Larrivee family!

Parlors are very special around here! :P
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

I just added Rosewood bridge pins to my Rosewood parlour. I thought it appropriate. No plastic. Sound difference? Don't care, don't think it matters on this guitar. But the look!

Welcome to the club!
Dave

Martin JC-16WE
Larrivee OM-03D
Walden C2010
Taylor GS-Mini Hog

2LF -- I just got my LV-03 yesterday -- I share your joy! Feels good, huh? What beautiful guitars these are, and they sound so good and play like buttah! Enjoy! And I hope you have a little better success with posting pix than I did.

- SL

- SL
  Proud LV-03E owner since 2004

Dave try a set of Brass Pins on the rosewood.. I thought it really helped  un-compress mine when I had her....
Martin 000-15s
Martin 000-28EC
 Ibanez Jetking1
 Ibanez Classical

Congrats, you're gonna love that Larrivee!  I have 3 parlors myself!

Dan
Larrivee LS-10 (sold)
Larrivee parlors - satin mahog. / FQMS Special Koa / FQMS Special Braz.
Everett Laurel Dread
Martin 000-28ECB (sold)
Kopp  419 cutaway
Kopp Betty Swing #1  (sold)
Kopp 000-18 style

2LF...congrats on the parlour! ...I know the search was fun but now the real enjoyment begins!

Rick
LS-30
Butterscotch Bakersfield HB Rosewood
OO 05 Custom
P-03 All Koa
P-03 Sitka/Rosewood

Mmmmm, well, my parlour and I had a lovely evening getting to know each other... and I have to say I'm impressed.  What a big sound!  It won't become my main guitar, but it's absolutely perfect for a little guitar to pick up and play.

OK, so I have to get different bridge pins (already ordered!) and those Nanowebs are going to be changed - suggestions?  I was thinking of trying some DR Rare's - the guitar needs a bit more top end and a little more sparkle, so I think the DR's may suit quite well.  The action's a bit higher than I like, but that's easily sorted further down the line - I may try what lots of you seem to recommend and put a set of mediums on, so I'm gonna leave the action alone until I'm settled on a type and gauge of strings.

The only thing is that this guitar is too nice!!! - I got it so it could be a "house guitar", living out on its stand and getting played all the time, by anyone who wanted, and getting put in the car and taken out and about.  But it's so sweet and lovely that I want to cosset it and keep it in its case (does this mean I need to buy another guitar now?  B) )

So, thanks for the lovely welcome to the family.  Watch this space for progress reports...
2LF

Congrats 2left - I've had a rosewood parlour for a couple of months now, & I can tell you that if you like the sound now, you'll like it even more in days to come; mine has  a bone saddle (essential IMO) & Newtone strings, & is becoming a ferocious-sounding wee beast, how they do the quality at these prices I can't figure - enjoy..

Quotethe guitar needs a bit more top end and a little more sparkle, so I think the DR's may suit quite well. 
Don't expect too much high end sparkle from a parlor. There are songs that I just can't play on the parlor because they really require that lovely ringing tone you get only from a larger body and a longer scale.
L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster