this a bit feminine?

Started by sneaky, June 03, 2009, 09:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

For that kind of money I would buy it and put it on the wall...

If I had room.

"So many guitars........ so few walls".

Girly? Have you ever checked out Mariachi guitars, Flamenco guitars? I'm pretty sure they aren't considered girly. I also don't get why you'd have to run this by for approval. If you like it, buy.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

It looks fine to me.

But then again, I play one of these:

And I always get lots of compliments on it from the laydeez.  It looks great under stage lights.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Let's just abandon all categories of "feminine" and "masculine" altogether. Flower Power rules! The guitar looks like it should sound nice, but then, don't they all.
If it sounds good, it is good.

I love that guitar. It would love awesome with a pair of crushed red velvet pants. I mean that in a good way.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

I think it looks very tastleful and well done, but I don't think It would be my main guitar. Would I pay $40CND for it, YOU BET. 
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

Nothing says "hey look at me I a girly girl" better than a floral.  Would I buy it, nope.   Is it a bit feminie, oh yeah.  If I were blind and it sounded great, I would buy it.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Maybe its just me, but I could careless what someone else may think about what my guitar looks like. If it sounds good it is good. There are a crapload of old ladder braced Oscar Schmidt era Stella's out there, with floral patterns stenciled on them, that I give nearly anything to own. They might look "GIRLY" but for pure blues MOJO TONE well, I ain't played a Larravee yet that can match one of them in that department...........................

where did I mention I was seeking approval to buy the guitar, and even if I were...I`d at least ask people I know and who know me... and again...I`m fully aware that tone is more important but I CAN`T PLAY IT BECAUSE IT`S ON LINE...please people...read what I`ve posted before so I don`t have to keep repeating.
Evidently some members are having trouble seeing the humor in the thread, so how about this one then?

we`re having more fun with this question at another site, man we have some serious members here don`t we. somebody just linked this one over there...now this...is a bit too many flowers for me...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-G-Series-Dreadnought-Cutaway-Butterfly-AcousticElectric?sku=512745

Yeah, it's such a drag when you post a question about a guitar and people take the time to give you a thoughtful answer.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

I was just wondering if some of the fellas think this looks kinda girlish,

Ohhhh. I see I wasn't asked in the first place, sorry about that.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Easy to see why some of the old timers have quit this place. Lighten up will ya.

Ok, explin it to me because I'm not getting it. You don't like my post because it's too serious. The I realise the question was posed to a particular group and apologised. The you don't like that because it's too serious.

Maybe instead of expecting everyone to 'lighten up' you could allow us the freedom to express ourselves as we see fit. If that's too serious for you, well, I'm at a loss here. is the Forum too serious? It's sincere and the people really want to help.

Just because I don't find mocking guitars to be funny or something I care to participate in, well, that doens't mean a whole lot. It's fine to have your fun, really, but you've sort of tripped all over this one. It's fun for you, I get that. But if you think it's ok to put other people down who don't think it is, well, that's not really somethign that makes we want to lighten up.

Then to top it off to suggest us serious folks have driven off old timers, maybe it's time to think about how you are conducting yourself because if you want everyone to play with you, this isn't the best approach. It's totally your call.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Hi Sneaky
In my opinion it is a very girlie guitar.
That is not either  a negative or a positive thing to say about the guitar.
:bgrin:
"Guitars can seriously damage your health"

1977 American Fender Strat
2001 Larrivée O-01 (P-01)
2005 Larrivée L-05
2004 Amalio Burguet 3F flamenco spanish guitar
Many various other guitars gone,  ...hopefully to a good home.

http://guit-ar.com. Guitar drawings and artwork by Juan Ponte

Quote from: sneaky on June 04, 2009, 10:23:04 AM
Easy to see why some of the old timers have quit this place. Lighten up will ya.

Hey sneaky...whats that old flower guitar sound like?

:humour:

I recently learned that I gotta label my jokes around here.....I suppose that's cause they're not funny.... :?

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

I would definitely play it.   I'm secure in my manhood, so bring on the flowers.  I'd much rather have that than a guitar with a pointy headstock or funky bridge.  Or a strap button drilled right through the body into the neck block. 

Quote from: unclrob on June 03, 2009, 08:12:19 PM
If its an inlay it looks rather nice.As far as being feminine who cares I play a pink paisley tele and a white falcon with gold sparkle trim and ruby dots on the volumn controls.I'm old abit overweight and have a white beard are you going to call me on it!!!!?? :angry:

I wish you hadn't informed us of that. Now I've got this vision of you in pink spandex and high heels on stage that I can't get out of my head. :crying: Oh crap it's getting worse, the audio's coming in. You're singing a Go Go song. AAHHHHHHHHHH Please say something profoundly southern redneck to stop this nonstop vision!
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

One I don't and have never worn spandex.

Two the pink paisley is a James Burton thing.

The Falcon is a CSN+Y thing though I have always loved Gretsch guitars.

Four I have never played a song by the GoGo's.

Five when I do sing well lets just say most every living creature runs for cover or maybe even miles to get away from the noise.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Ok, that wasn't too redneck but it worked. Thanks! You've reassumed your manly spot in my mind.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.