this a bit feminine?

Started by sneaky, June 03, 2009, 09:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OK...I`ll try this again... I was just wondering if some of the fellas think this looks kinda girlish, but I got replies on tone...like I would think the flower had anything to do with that. Let`s try to keep it light this time and not go too deep, not asking about the old masters and their floral still life paintings and their masculinity...or mine... simply asking about the flower on this particular guitar. We`re not discussing matters facing mankind at this point in our history...just askin` if some of the guys here would consider buying this guitar, I know I know...it would come down to tone, but this one is on line and I can`t play it first. So howz about a simple yes or no?

What tonal difference does it make if its feminine?

missing the point but thanks.

I`ve been a painter for 38 years...thought this would be a bit of fun, but that last post took this thread in a bad direction so I edited. 

A day late and a dollar short.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Let's see:  You asked for an opinion from the guys, and I'm not one, but free of charge I'll give you an opinion anyway.  I would think most guys would think twice, based on the aesthetics alone, in buying that one.  To me it does look kinda feminine.

If it was cheap enough, I'd buy it and see if I lliked its sound. If I didn't like it, I'd give it to some youngin' who was looking to learn guitar.

Quote from: sneaky on June 03, 2009, 09:24:00 AM
OK...I`ll try this again... I was just wondering if some of the fellas think this looks kinda girlish, but I got replies on tone...like I would think the flower had anything to do with that. Let`s try to keep it light this time and not go too deep, not asking about the old masters and their floral still life paintings and their masculinity...or mine... simply asking about the flower on this particular guitar. We`re not discussing matters facing mankind at this point in our history...just askin` if some of the guys here would consider buying this guitar, I know I know...it would come down to tone, but this one is on line and I can`t play it first. So howz about a simple yes or no?

feminine and classy. As long as its not a flower made of 5 picks.
2002 Yamaha F310-TBS (Sandy/K&K PWM)
2008 Larrivee D-03R (Luna/K&K PWM)

If its an inlay it looks rather nice.As far as being feminine who cares I play a pink paisley tele and a white falcon with gold sparkle trim and ruby dots on the volumn controls.I'm old abit overweight and have a white beard are you going to call me on it!!!!?? :angry:

:humour:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

yeah my wife says she thinks it`s girly...so thats two yays from the female members of the opposite sex...but she thinks the same thing about my F/USA team built shell pink strat, which I love to bits. Have a metallic pink Fender Japan strat from 1983 as well. This nylon string has a nasty scratch on the front, not a crack just a finish scratch but thats never stopped me before...and actually I`m runnin outta room here so I have to be more selective about what I buy now...funny thing is, I`ve sold 19 guitars on line here over the past few months but we almost can`t tell.

I'm female and I think it's way too girly. I wouldn't play it and doubt that most guys would want to.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Orchids are good.......'go flower power'
cheers
fongie

If you don't like it just balance it out with a Monster Truck sticker or something.
L-03 Italian Spruce

OK if you are looking for a straight-up, no-nonsense answer...   Yes..  it does look rather feminine to me.  Would I buy it ? No.   Would I care if a friend wanted to buy it ?   No..  none of my business..   I prefer no decorations at all on the guitar top except rosettes and/or purfling on the edge.   A teenaged son of one of my friends decorates his guitar all over with bumper stickers and other stuff..   he plays the hell out of that guitar and it sounds terrific.  Not my cup-o-tea however.

No.  Even if it was an AK-47 I'd have to pass.

I think all guitars look kind of girly with those wonderful curves....thats what I like about them.

Would I buy it? Depends on the price...tell us a price.
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: hadden on June 03, 2009, 09:22:34 PM
If you don't like it just balance it out with a Monster Truck sticker or something.

That made me laugh.

Yes it is girly.  I think it would put me off it to be honest.  Its one step from those horrible blueberry things or whatever they are called, the ones with pictures of stuff carved in them.

I am with Tuffy, simplicity is best in my opinion.  I do like some of the more traditional headstock and fretboard inlays, but not on the guitar body.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

I'd hang it on a wall.

But to put that in context - I don't have any artwork on the walls here - just stringed instruments.

Well, it's not feminine.....it's just VERY feminine!  :humour:  If the floral design can be removed then it's no issue. Then again, it's jsut my opinion, since you ask.  :wink:
Yamaha LL-16 12 strings
Yamaha LL-TA
Tanglewood TW-15 DLX
Alhambra 5PA-PT
Mcilroy A25

"He who thinks he has all the answers probably hasn't heard all the questions."

Quote from: Dotneck on June 03, 2009, 10:49:42 PM
I think all guitars look kind of girly with those wonderful curves....thats what I like about them.

Would I buy it? Depends on the price...tell us a price.

I agree, sometimes when I pull one of my strats out of it`s case I just have to look at it for a while, the lines are beautiful elegance, to me guitars are works of art so taking it a step further with a flower inlay is something I`d proably do myself if I built guitars, different from extravagant inlays on some guitars I see I mean the PRS Dragon series was hideous to me......actually I think the flower here is nicely understated with the wood used for the flower instead of MOP for example, and if it were MOP we`d not be having this discussion... but I certainly can appreciate the artistic side of the inlay, must be the painter in me...more than likely whats keeping me interested in the guitar in the first place.
price eh...it certainly isn`t whats stopping me from bidding, it`s ridiculously cheap...as it stands now it would cost me less than $40.oo CDN shipped...bit more if somebody actually bids against me if I decide to go for it...my brother in law`s eldest daughter has a birthday coming up this month and the tuners will have to be replaced since some are bent but I have some spare 32mm tuners...not easy finding those so I had to scavange them from donor guitars..